Problems with Gucci repair service

fortywinks

Aug 28, 2009
Hi all, this is my first time posting. I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem- I took my Gucci Wave Hobo to the Gucci Vancouver store for repair (one of the rivets had fallen off, this was the SECOND TIME this happened). It's been 8 months now and I still don't have it back. Whenever I call the person in charge of repairs, she would tell me that it's normal for repairs to take that long- however, when I spoke to her today, she said 8 months is way too long. On the repair slip it says they would not be responsible for bags held longer than 120 days, but when I mentioned that to her BEFORE, she said she wouldn't hold me responsible since repairs take a long time. But today, she mentioned that they would not be responsible for it since 120 days have passed!! She said she doesn't have my bag, and told me that she would call the repair centre in Toronto (since that's where all the Gucci repairs are done) on Monday and tell me if they have it. I have a feeling that they lost my bag... What would you do in this situation?? It's so frustrating!! I almost feel like I have a lawsuit on my hands but then that slip says they aren't responsible for repairs held over 120 days.... Has anyone else had experience with this?? I'm probably never buying a gucci bag ever again.

Yikes! I've never had to take any of my bags in for repair. UGH! What an awful situation - that is WAY toooo long! How frustrating. Did you keep record of the names of who you talked to, what they said and the dates you talked to them? Talk to management, they need to find your bag or replace it!

i know, it really sucks :sad: I guess I'll have to wait until monday to see if it's in Toronto.. If not, do you really think they would actually replace the bag for me? I got it in dec 2007 so I doubt they even have it anymore! :sad:

I waited 4 months for Gucci to replace the leather on my Dad's belt. Because it was over 20 years old I was just pleased they could help me at all.

Every other time I've needed to go to Gucci for a repair everything has been done within a week - a couple of times even while I waited.

i know, it really sucks :sad: I guess I'll have to wait until monday to see if it's in Toronto.. If not, do you really think they would actually replace the bag for me? I got it in dec 2007 so I doubt they even have it anymore! :sad:

Is there any info on your repair paperwork? If they lost it, they need to compensate you somehow.

Wow, 8 months is really long, sorry to hear about the hassle you're going through. I've taken my belt bag in before and that took about 2-3 months.

I'd wait to hear from the SA associate on Monday and then go from there. Talk to the manager and if they won't take responsibility for it, talk to head office and file a complaint.

Oh yeah, if Gucci lost it they should be buying you a new bag! Just do what Wild Child suggested and be polite but firm - hold your ground - it's their mistake not yours and they need to make it right.

Holy Toot! :shocked: I am positive that the "not responsible for over 120 days" means that once they call you that it is ready you can't wait forever to pick it up, just like drycleaning. It doesn't mean if they are still repairing it. Since they havent called you that it is ready that disclaimer doesn't apply. But definitely keep calling them. :noggin: don't let up, keep hounding them, until they give you an answer as to where your bag is. If they lost it be very assertive and demand a replacement bag. Btw, I had my very old gucci wallet in for repairs at the Vanc store about 2 months ago. It had a large rip in the coin purse section. They have a lady that does some of their repairs in Vancouver. She did the repair and it was ready in about a week. I'm sorry you have had to wait sooooo long. I def would have them call Toronto. Being on that side of the Rockies I wouldn't trust them anyways, haha. (Insert your own joke about Torontonians here if you need to, it is expected if you live in BC)

Good luck and keep us updated.

I got my pink joy boston's zipper fixed. and that took only less than 1 month and they sent it to my door steps. Seriously..not to say..after 8 months..the chance are slim that you will get your handbag back. I think they might have sent it to the wrong address or wrong item..and someone is using your bag right now. I really hope that is NOT the case.
If you dont get it back, you def should REPORT the sales person to higher management. Do everything in your power to get her fired. It's her FAULT that you lost your bag..her FAULT for providing incorrect info.
I really do hope u get it back. if not..make her pay for it with her job. ..cuz i don't think gucci will give you a free bag when on the reciept it said no more than 120 days.
good luck

Hi Fortywinks! :shucks:Sorry to hear about your bag woes! I thought maybe it would help if I posted about some of my experiences with Gucci Repairs...
I have had repairs done several times by Gucci - but always in the US at the Jersey repair center. The first time I sent one of my babies away, it was my Bamboo handle black leather tote - and I waited. I waited patiently for about 4-6 weeks (the time span indicated for repairs). Then I called South Center (where I had dropped the bag off for repairs) and talked to the manager, who indicated a direct phone number to the Repair Center in Jersey and told me that "they are really the only ones who would know anything about the current location and status of your bag..." ...uh, okay... I kinda 'got that' though, 'cause why would they keep tabs on one bag being repaired (a lot go in).? (my bag arrived amazingly only 4 days after I spoke with my repair associate in Jersey BTW)
Anyhow, back to my point.
-->My point (and question, really) is this: Have you spoken with anyone from the actual 'repair center' in Toronto? Because if you haven't spoken with someone from the actual repair center, then your words and efforts have probably fallen on ears who are not actually able to help that much... SA's don't usually have a lot of knowledge on the status of repairs once they leave their shop (at least not in my experiences).
So, at this point my advice to you is this: find out the Toronto Repair center telephone # and call them with your bags "repair number" to get more info. If they cannot find your bag (aka they 'lost it') then I would go 'to the mat', so to speak, and demand that they make their incompetence right. You would have to take this up with a supervisor at the repair center to begin with if it is the case. Then hopefully the supervisor will make the right calls to the right people and get things happening for you! But I would totally be polite to begin with, and if your polite queries are met with deaf ears, then you should certainly bring the heat. Stay on them! :broom: Sometimes they decide it's just easier to make a problem go away with good customer service (but who knows in this economy) - especially when they are dealing with someone persistent.
Best of luck and hope it all works out! Let us know what ultimately happens, yeah?

Thanks guys! you've all been so informative! i would call the service repair people myself but it would be long distance and who knows how long they would put me on hold :S I'm going to bother the repair person to do it though, since she said she would. apparently, someone i know had the same problem with prada and they did end up giving her a new bag (after 6 months of waiting). I'm going away on vacation until friday but I will definitely let you all know what happens just in case someone else has to go through this in the future!!

Gucci Bad Customer Service!!!
I bought the Gucci Joy Boston this past semi annual sale. To my surprise the zipper began to fray after having the bag for about two mos. I was pissed1! I called, then had to send it back to them. They sent me a postal tag..so mailing was free. I thought, cool maybe they'll replace it. Well, turns out it's exclusive, and they ran out!! AAWWWHHHHRRGGHH!!!
I had tp settle for repairs as I wanted the same bag. They have had my bag nearly a mo and keep giving me different dates that they will mail it back to me. Will someone please PM me the address to a corporate office in the US?? A contact name would be awesome too.

Signed..Madder Than Hell

I have a wave hobo as well and have sent her in for surgery twice for the SAME thing, but I want to say they did a great job and I have a feeling this is the reason it was discontinued, but what do I know?

Point is, I called the repair number on Gucci's website rather than the boutique I bought it at and they had all the answers for me. I suggest (altho it stinks) that you pay the long distance for some peace of mind.

Good luck!