Problems with elisa heel snapping!?

sleepyjae

Birkin Hunter
Mar 22, 2006
So I absolutely adore the super skinny heel of the Elisa. I bought them in August and have been wearing them as my daily heel for the last 3 months. I live in CA most of the time and probably wear them for like 10 blocks at a time when I'm shopping.

THEN. The night of a gala, I was merely walking and the HEEL SNAPPED OFF from the base!?!?!

Thankfully, I have the best SA ever and he damaged them out for me.

I know this must be an issue b/c another friend who purchased the Elisas is on her second pair as well!??! *Note* - Both of us weigh under 130 lbs...

Does anyone else have this problem?

So I absolutely adore the super skinny heel of the Elisa. I bought them in August and have been wearing them as my daily heel for the last 3 months. I live in CA most of the time and probably wear them for like 10 blocks at a time when I'm shopping.

THEN. The night of a gala, I was merely walking and the HEEL SNAPPED OFF from the base!?!?!

Thankfully, I have the best SA ever and he damaged them out for me.

I know this must be an issue b/c another friend who purchased the Elisas is on her second pair as well!??! *Note* - Both of us weigh under 130 lbs...

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have two pairs with 100mm heels and they have been fine, but I don't wear them daily. Sorry this happened to you....I admire you for wearing these every day though, I know I couldn't!

Sorry this happened to you but it does sounds like you've given your shoes heavier wear than they were intended for. The Elisa heel is very fragile.Very glad you have such an understanding SA.

Incidentally, weight is hardly ever an issue with heels snapping. It's more to do with the angle that you strike the ground and how the force of your weight acts through the shoe.

Sorry this happened to you but it does sounds like you've given your shoes heavier wear than they were intended for. The Elisa heel is very fragile.Very glad you have such an understanding SA.

Incidentally, weight is hardly ever an issue with heels snapping. It's more to do with the angle that you strike the ground and how the force of your weight acts through the shoe.

I was thinking the same thing....I know with the price points of these shoes one can think that they should be able to cope with heavy wear easily, but I just don't think the Elisa style is built for daily wear with lots of walking....The heel is thin and fragile and as elle mentions, it's probably more to do with the manner of walking and lots of wear rather than weight that has caused this, even though weight wouldn't be the reason in your case anyway!

Maybe another style pump with a more substantial heel might stand up to heavier wear better, perhaps Decollete or Ron Ron as suggestions?

I adore the Elisa, they are such a beautiful, sexy and elegant shoe so I can easily understand why you love them, I fell hard for this style and ended up with two pairs, one red and one black! Nude is next on my list.

^^Exactly. I'm hard on my shoes - I want to be able to run in them - so I avoid Elisa and related styles with the same heel like Fifi or Ronfifi. As you say, Decolettes, if you can wear them, are far sturdier, as are Ron Rons and Simples.

Ouch, that must have been terrible..

I don't know about Elisa but I remember NerdyBirdy's Fifi 85 heel (same thin heel) snapped while just walking to work. And someone else's as well but I can't remember. But it's definitely been happening with those thin heels.

I know this is an old thread, but not sure where to post this. My heel of my Elisa broke and I took it to the cobbler..needless to say its ruined. the heel is not even close! So ugly! See the before and after.

Attachments

• 346874.JPG
    346874.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 579
gel526 said:
I know this is an old thread, but not sure where to post this. My heel of my Elisa broke and I took it to the cobbler..needless to say its ruined. the heel is not even close! So ugly! See the before and after.

Same thing happened to me and my Elisa! Smh

LVoepink said:
Yes, my fifi's snapped!! Motcombe street store were really good about it and let me return them

ETA:

I just purchased the Filo and I'm scared the same thing that happened with my Elisa will happen with my Filo, but that skinny heel is so cute! :smile: