Problems with Buying this MJ on Ebay. Did any of you Ladies get one too?

inareverie85

Oct 10, 2011
Note: I have a thread similar to this on the ebay forum, but I am also posting here because I am hoping that one or two of the MJ members here may have bought a bag like mine from the same seller and can talk to me about my situation.

So, my goal here isn't to out anyone, but I have some concerns..

I bought a bag like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190595238826?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

... after talking with some of you about its authentication.

Prior to buying the bag, I had two exchanges with the seller. One was to ask for additional photos, which I got promptly. The other was to ask how long the shipping might take, because I am leaving for a week on Nov. 22. The seller answered this question within 24 hours as well, explaining that if I bought it on the 11th, he could ship it as late as early the following week, and I'd have it in 4-6 days.

I bought and paid on November 11, and promptly messaged him saying that I'd be happy to be invoiced again to pay for faster shipping, just because I was a bit nervous about getting it on time.

He didn't answer. I got no shipping notification.

A few days later, I messaged again, once again offering to pay more for the shipping if he hadn't shipped yet. And to also ask if he had shipped. I requested a tracking number if he had shipped so that I could know what carrier was bringing it. That way I could call them and request a hold on my package if the 21st comes around and I haven't received it yet. (His original listing makes no mention of the carrier that I can find.) :shrugs:

No answer.

Then the other day, on the 17th, I messaged again, simply asking for a tracking number.

I've been polite and not forceful at all in my messages, but he has ignored them all. I just feel uneasy about the whole thing, especially because he was so quick to respond to my messages PRIOR to buying his product.

I wonder if any of you ladies have also bought one of these, since he obtained quite a few of them. Did you have a similar experience, or should I be worried about getting it at all?

Also, if you did get one, how lovely is it in person? :hbeat: Is it worth all of this anxiety?

I'll probably have to leave this guy neutral feedback or worse even if I get the bag simply because I'm being treated too poorly for someone who just sent him $650. I understand that people are people, and sometimes things come up, but even if he has been honest and shipped the bag, he could have at least taken a moment to respond to a message or two. :tdown:

Similar experiences?

oooh. tough situation!
based soley on the feedback to ebay rating ratio, i'd say your seller is either VERY busy or is a small company with a few people wroking for them and things have fallen through the cracks with communication.

my best suggestion would be to request the sellers information and phone number. give them a polite call and just tell them you were getting concerned as you had absolutely no return emails.

sometimes a phone call is all it takes.

gorgeous bag, i cant wait to see a reveal....i adore these bags, so any hassle to get one, in my mind, is worth it

The phone number that ebay has for him is no longer in service. His account is very old, and it is likely that his company now operates under a different number.

I have no way to contact him other than through ebay that I can think of..

If you haven't already, try messaging him through the email address that accepted the paypal payment. Click on the transaction details on paypal's site and about 3/4 of the way down it gives you the sellers email.

I wouldn't worry just yet. His feedback is flawless and he has a lot of pricey sales, and although the lack of communication is frustrating, it is right around the holiday season. From what I can see, he hasn't listed anything or left feedback since the 16th, either, so it's possible he hasn't received some of your messages rather than he's ignoring them.

Hi there! I have one of these in the color "smoke" that I purchased a long while ago. I didn't buy it from this seller, though, so I can't speak to that. Regarding your question about how these bags are IRL, all I can say is that the smoke one I have is gorgeous, perfection. I adore this bag, from the dark green leather interior, to the black python exterior, to the push lock detailing on the side, to the chain link and resin shoulder strap. The lobster clasps that attach the handles are also a lovely, unique detail.
I dunno if it is/was a popular Marc Jacobs bag, but I personally think it's "WOW".
Hope that helps.

Ah thank you for the reply :smile:

That makes me feel really happy :biggrin: I can't wait to see it then!

It's my first exotic piece as well, so I feel as if I'll be afraid to carry it :P Dirtiness and whatnot :o