Problem with ostrich

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Near an orange box
I bought a new ostrich bag in the summer but have only just got round to using it for the first time today.

I noticed that on the handles, some of the "spots" are peeling very slightly. I tried photographing it & it doesn't really show up. On the body of the bag the spots are very flat, is it normal for the spots on the handle to be this way.

DH says as its on the handles, it's probably normal as the skin has to be bent & moulded round. Am I worrying about nothing? Do any other owners of ostrich bags have this problem? TIA

thimp

Loving my babies!!
Jul 19, 2007
The follicles on the handles of my ostrich Bs are very flat. But then again, I rarely wear them without wrapping the handles with twillies. For me, the area that tend to have peeling follicles are the straps.

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Near an orange box
Thanks thimp for your reply. It's good to know its not a fault, I guess the answer is to buy a couple of twillys for the handles. There's a good excuse for going shopping in H again LOL

thimp

Loving my babies!!
Jul 19, 2007
If you are concerned about the peeling follicles, you can always take it back to H and have them "glue" the follicles down. But yes, peeling follicles do appear every now and then.

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Near an orange box
Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. I think I'll leave it for the time being & get some twillys. Next time I'm in London I'll get h to take a look

Tamarind

Sep 7, 2006
My ostrich Bearn wallet has a follicle that threatens to peel off just where the pressure spot it (where it goes through the metal slot for opening/closing). I have taken it to H to have it glued many times, but it keeps happening.

May 6, 2007
this is very typical. think about python, snakeskin even croc sometimes where there are raised pieces. the stretching and curve areas tend to show it most. even if one peels off-it can be touched up and will be unnoticeable

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Near an orange box
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all your advice & knowledge. It's my first ostrich bag, so it was abit of a shock but I'm just glad that it's quite normal even if it's slightly annoying!