Problem with newly purchased woc :(

cestlisa

Apr 2, 2014
Hi dear Chanel ladies, I am very frustrated right now and need your advice. I purchased a blue/purple woc at New Bond street in London at the beginning of this month. When I tried it in store I was told it was the last one in stock and I noticed there were some slight wear marks, but as I really liked it I went ahead with the purchase anyway. I used it for around ten times, and today, I noticed that the part of the stitching has broken! I am so frustrated:sad: I never overstuff it (only an iphone, a small key and several cards in there). I also noticed that there were some marks/ wrinkles of the leather at the bottom. I tried to buff it out with soft clothes but they don't go away. I wanted to believe that I accidentally scratched it but they don't look like scuffs/scratches caused by fingernails. So I suspected that it might come this way. What should I do? I dropped an email to my SA but haven't received any response. Do you think I could get a new one, after three weeks? I know I can send it off for repair, but I really start to question the quality of this woc. Or could I ask for a refund and buy something else? Thank you in advance for your kind help:smile:

Attachments

• 0611CCCE-37FE-4313-A6E1-D717E335C7BA.jpg
    0611CCCE-37FE-4313-A6E1-D717E335C7BA.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 314
  • B03A6279-FE66-4190-A554-BE2DFB38C31C.jpg
    B03A6279-FE66-4190-A554-BE2DFB38C31C.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 312
I don't think you will get any refund for this because you used it; they won't know whether it's damaged from you or not. I think you should get the stitching repaired but the marks on the bottom are barely noticeable and are probably just what happens to some of the leather. Sorry you are frustrated. Just go back and have the stitch fixed!

It should be under warranty, let them send it to the repair centre and see what happens. I agree with Idaydr3amr because you have used it a refund/store credit is unlikely as it is too difficult to determine when the damage occurred.

Thank you very much. Do you think it's a quick and easy fix? I did some research and found out that loose stitch seems to be a common problem. I don't live in London and have to take a train to get it fixed. Ughhhh.

I had loose stitches or even missing stitches in several of my small leather goods from Chanel. Some I fix my self, others I ignore...

It does seem more common these days.