Problem with my WOC

msxannie

Apr 29, 2014
Hello ladies

Last week a fellow TPFer referred me to Jeffrey for this lambskin WOC. I got it today and have two problems with it. I did ask him to double check prior to shipping and he said he did. Sorry for the bad photos, I took them with my iPhone.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

There are 2 long scratches above the quilted area.. I was surprised that the SA could miss this because the scratches are almost the length of my whole hand.. Could something like this happen during shipping? If this had been the only problem, I might have let it go because I know I would eventually make some scratches myself.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

A part of the chain is starting to peel. This bugs me a lot because I'm worried the peeling leather would grow/fall off. The layer underneath is already showing..

Jeffrey's SA offered to have me send it back to him and he can send it out to get repaired or I can take it to my local Chanel to repair. On the other hand, I was on the wait list at my local Chanel and it came in today as well. The boutique already charged my card. I don't know if I should just return this bag to Jeffrey and get the one from my boutique. Or should I give Jeffrey's SA a chance to fix it. The Jeffrey's SA is nice and I would feel bad making him lose his commission.. I bought this bag mainly to take on vacation in 1 week so sending it back to Jeffrey wouldn't be enough time. What would you do in my situation?

Just return it to the SA and don't deal with repairing and fixing! He won't loose commission, this bag sells like crazy he will for sure figure a way to sell it.

Get a brand new perfect bag that you have been waiting for so long. This is my personal rule when buying Chanel's!

I'd return it as well, considering you can get a brand new one with no defects right now. I'm sure there are many ways he will make the commission again, and again he should have checked it more thoroughly. Anyway, congrats on the purchase (whichever route you choose!) :smile:

I would return it. I think the peeling will only get worse and the scratches by the zipper look like they might possibly be from someone's fingernails scratching the bag as they were pulling the zipper.

If you don't exchange it, it will always bother you.

Return it!
If you send it to repair will take a while... I took my bag to repair once and I forgot about it (it took almost 4 months to get back to me just to repair a simple strap from my experience).