Problem With My Silver Exeter

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
I just received my Silver Exeter and was so excited....until I got ready to take a group Exeter shot. That's when I noticed that the top of both handles had thread sticking out. At this point I'm not sure if it's actual loose thread or just extra thread (hope that makes sense).

Cause if it's loose thread it will continue to unravel but if it's extra thread I could clip it down with some cuticle clippers and it would be fine. I'm about to take some pics to show you guys...not sure if it'll come out right since I haven't learned how to take good close-up shots but I'll try my best. I'm so sad. I'm about to email the seller too. If I can just clip the threads down without having to worry about them continuing to unravel I'd rather do that because I don't want to return it since it's so rare.

What do you guys think I should do?

I have had loose threads before with bags. What I do is take a pin or a very precise screw driver, and push the tread back into where it should go, then take a tiny dab of clear nail polish to set it permanently. This also works if some of the threads fray too. Hope this helps.

Thanks, allicatexp. I usually clip it down with cuticle clippers and then secure it with a tiny dab of superglue. I think that's what I'm going to do this time because other than that the bag is perfect and who knows if I'll ever come across another one.

So I discovered this little button on my camera called "macro", lol Being a self-proclaimed gadget geek, I'm quite embarassed. Here are a couple of close-ups. I'm going to send them to the seller as well and ask for a partial refund.

Attachments

• DSCF1085.JPG
    DSCF1085.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1086.JPG
    DSCF1086.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF1089.JPG
    DSCF1089.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 51
So I just heard back from the seller and she's willing to let me send the bag back and give me a refund. But I told her I would rather try and fix the threads myself and get a small partial refund for my trouble. Do you guys think that's fair?

She said she can only give me $10 back. I don't think that's fair. I guess I'll have to send it back. Or I can just keep it. I just don't think it's fair that I have to sit there and try and fix it and hope I don't mess it up worse for $10! I guess I'll think on it for a bit.

^^$10 is a bit lame...I mean seriously that's insulting to your intelligence. I don't Knaz I completely understand why you want to keep it but the to offer 10 bucks off is like a slap in the face. If I were in your shoes I don't have any clue what I would do it's such a gorgeous bag...

I know I've been going back and forth all evening. I guess I'm just gonna have to take it up the wahoo, cause I reaaaaaally want to keep the bag.

^^It's one of those situations where it would have been better for the seller to just say send me the bag back and I'll give you a refund (which I see she did offer) and to not have offered a partial refund of any type. She probably figured that you were going to keep it anyway so why bother offering you more than $10. It's still a beautiful bag either way, you will still love her even if she is ever so slightly flawed. :heart:

I don't know if it's just my pride or what....but I've got one little birdie on my shoulder saying to keep it and the other one is saying don't let that seller get away with this!! I don't know!!!

I would be the same way, it's the principle of it the bag had a flaw and if the seller is a true purse lover then they should understand that the flaw no matter how small will drive you a little crazy. How long is she giving you to decide if you want to keep it or not?

It actually isn't that bad. I just checked it really thoroughly. I can clip the thread down and you'd never know (probably what she will do if I send it back). It's just such an awesome shape and classic color...and my other two Exeters go more with browns and tans. I just keep imagining myself in all black with my black wool military trench coat and it's soooo sexy....even though that's a winter outfit, lol!

I'm not sure how long she's going to give me but I plan on responding before I go to bed. I'm like 95% sure I will keep it. Gwen doesn't offer many choices in a "basic black" bag that I go for.... I do have a Silver Mandeville but I dunno... I like the Exeter too!

I was right. I decided to keep the bag. I clipped the threads down very carefully and it's as good as new now. And she can keep her measely $10. I'll let karma catch up with her. Thank goodness my SeanJohn "No B!tchA$$Ne$" tshirt came today. It was supposed to be another two weeks due to the high demand. I guess it was a sign huh? lol That makes me feel better.