Problem with my Dbty Necklace

Sabrina1304

Dec 1, 2015
Hello,

I have a problem with my Diamonds by the Yard Necklace, 0.21 carat in platinum.

Since the clasp on the necklace is heavier than the diamond, the necklace constantly slips onto the neck. So I can actually only wear it as a choker, which doesn't look nice and is also uncomfortable. Therefore, I almost never wear the necklace, which is of course a shame in view of the expensive price.

Would it help to lengthen the necklace, and if so, to what length? 17 inches or 18 inches? It is currently 16 inches long.

thanks

That's interesting. I too have a 16 inch DBTY necklace with a solitaire diamond and while it does slip a bit backwards at the back of the neck, it doesn't really go that far back to become a choker. At its highest point, it kind of just rests right below the space between my collarbones.

The carat size of mine is a bit bigger, I think 0.26 or 0.28? But that kind of difference in weight doesn't seem like it should be significant in how the diamond moves or stays in one place.

I did talk to my SA about adding an extension, just to give it a little more flexibility if I want to have it drop down further, but he did tell me that adding the extension would no longer make the diamond in the center of the chain (if you laid it flat and measured from one end to the other). So if I added an extension, I would have to be aware that when I put the diamond in the center of my neck/chest area, the extension and clasp itself would not be perfectly down the center at the back of the neck. Instead, it would rest slightly to the side.
I wasn't sure how I felt about that, so I didn't alter it.

Hope that helps you in some way!

Hello,

I have a problem with my Diamonds by the Yard Necklace, 0.21 carat in platinum.

Since the clasp on the necklace is heavier than the diamond, the necklace constantly slips onto the neck. So I can actually only wear it as a choker, which doesn't look nice and is also uncomfortable. Therefore, I almost never wear the necklace, which is of course a shame in view of the expensive price.

Would it help to lengthen the necklace, and if so, to what length? 17 inches or 18 inches? It is currently 16 inches long.

thanks
I know this happens with all my DBTY necklaces. It slips up and close to my neck. It doesn’t bother me but I find my 17 inch does it only a little less often. My .43 pear and .14 yellow gold move up equally- both are 16 inches.

Reactions: lill_canele
My necklace isn't from Tiffany but it's the same style. It always slid back and drove me crazy. Plus the diamond kept flipping on me so I hardly ever wore the necklace. Recently, I decided to order a 2 inch extension for it. The diamond is no more off centre than if the extension wasn't attached, the necklace still slides back but doesn't look short anymore because of the extension. It works like a charm and am super happy with the result. I can finally enjoy my necklace without feeling like it's choking me =-)

Reactions: lill_canele