Problem with marble closet on ebay, seller is very rude

blue2013

O.G.
Apr 7, 2013
I purchased a brand new Chanel handbag from Marble Closet on eBay on Thursday, made my payment on Friday and received it today. I got the bag at 4:19 pm and upon inspection I found a rip on the side of the bag and mark on the interior also a big dent on the inner flap. I sent seller an email with the pictures of the damages. Below is my email
"Hello! I just received the bag today. Thank you for fast shipping. I'd like to bring to your attention that the bag is not brand new as stated so in your listing. Upon inspection I found a rip on the side of the bag, stain on the interior and a big dent on the inner flap. I will send you pictures when I figure out how to attach them. "
You've requested:
A replacement item

This is her response:
"i don't know what you are trying to pull here, but that bag was brand new, any tears or wear where caused by you. If the bag come back in any condition other than new i will not refund it, and in the event you do get a refund i will have you in court until that bag is paid for. That bag was perfect when i sent it to you BRAND NEW"

My response:
"There is no need to accuse me of damaging your item when that's exactly what I received. I received the package at 4:19 pm which you can verify with USPS. I contacted you 4:39 pm which is 20 minutes later. How could I possibly have any time to damage your item? And I don't see how it could benefit me in any kind of way. I am not trying to pull anything. You are very rude. Threatening to take someone to court over an ebay item that was not described correctly by you is beyond ridiculous. I am disgusted. I will post your bag back to you tomorrow. "

Her response:
"my bag was not ripped! nor did it have a stain, so it better not come back with one, if it does it isn't my bag! That bag was brand new, never used, it is my bag"

My response:
"I am sorry but what you saw in my pictures IS your bag. I will upload a picture of the rip with serial number if I could capture it. Please take me to court so I can bring the bag to the judge so he can see the rip and stain on a BRAND NEW bag. "

Attached are pics of the damages
5z1thf.jpg

nzj9mh.jpg

huf6gl.jpg

Here's listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221511952066?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

If you toolhaus her feedback you will see how rude she is. I am disgusted. Never again!

Last edited:
Please go ahead and report this seller. That sort of language is not allowed on eBay. Report, report, report. I experienced a similar situation where a seller sold me an item that was not the one in the photos, despite the seller saying that is the EXACT item I am getting. It turns out they sold/used the item already and sent me another item. I had to cover the return shipping but it was such a horrible experience. I want to let you know that this seller is in the wrong.

(I just checked the listing. It is shocking that the seller encourages you to message them but then when you do, you get treated as a criminal.)

You, however, did everything right. You contacted the seller as soon as possible instead of opening a case before the seller can resolve the issue.

After reporting this seller, please open a case. eBa* will prompt you to send the item back. I don't know if eBa* has changed their policy but it is safer to wait for their greenlight on the return since the seller does not accept "returns".

I have no idea of who they are, what they sell or whether they're good sellers or not, but just based on the interaction you've posted, I'm not impressed with marblecloset. (However, I did a little research and I'm less impressed.)

From what I see on their website, they're either brand new and starting out or on their way to failure! They have 2 items on the site!

http://www.marblecloset.com/

Is this the listing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CHANEL-JUMBO-BLACK-CAVIAR-purse-double-flap-bag-handbag-silver-/221511952066?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item33932426c2&nma=true&si=siN5%252BgMYkxBMUmt4JMmxXTC%252F3UY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is the bag you received the same one as photographed in the listing? Is the serial number the same?

I noticed she sold this one one July 29:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CHANEL-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

She had sold the same on earlier, on July 6:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CHANEL-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ooh! This is interesting! It looks like the pictures in her listings aren't always the actual bags.

For example, this bag sold on June 4 (with serial number ending 7099) shows several of the same images as the next listing (with serial number ending 1819):

June 4: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CHANEL-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

July 29: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CHANEL-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If marblecloset isn't showing actual pictures of the actual bags she's selling, that's clearly deceptive, IMO.

The seller implied she will take a return but you could file a SNAD. She posted the serial # in the listing so if your bag has the same serial #, there can be no question of her claiming a switcheroo (I'd take photos of the bag's card and sticker).

Unfortunately, new bags can have defects but the defects should've been disclosed in the listing. What are the stains anyway?

@BB wow great detective work! Yes it is the same but the flaws weren't mentioned in the listing.
@Schmoo the stain looks like residual glue? I am not sure. But it only took me 20 minutes from when I received the bag to when I contacted her with the pics. Yet she still had the nerves to accuse me of damaging her bag, and if I didn't it's another bag.

Notice all the bags sold weren't received feedback for? I wonder if all the sales went south after the buyer received the item. I can guarantee this bag is not brand new. It was carried a few times before.

She appears to have reluctantly agreed to the return but with some very inflammatory language. Some sellers use bullying tactics to intimidate buyers into submission. This is one of the reasons ebay changed the feedback system. I would definitely contact ebay and open a case. This item is too high end to take a chance with a bullying seller.

Try and refrain from playing her game. Stay cordial and factual in your communications. Once this is over you should leave appropriate feedback to warn others.

OP, think it would be in your best interest to open a SNAD w/ebay & attach
the pictures & email ebay the seller's response to you. Normally many of us suggest
working it out before opening a claim, but the tone of the seller is disturbing & accustory
& she could be angry enough to REFUSE your package if you just send it back.

Unless the seller formally tells you to return the bag, I'd have it all on record
& leave nothing to chance.

This is a high ticket item & you don't need to be threatened about a bag that
you bought thinking it was new & is not

Last edited:
Open a SNAD. I have had an issue before where a seller agreed to a return and then after they had their bag back in their possession they decided to drag their feet about the refund. If you file a SNAD and then agree to return it for a FULL refund, and the seller does not refund immediately, Ebay will just give you your money back as soon as it shows the item was delivered/signed for. Better to go through EBay's buyer protection than to "trust" this seller to follow the rules. ;)

Ugh - this seller is a piece of work and if she continues to treat people with that attitude then her business deserves to fail. OP - file a SNAD, work through ebay, and be done with this seller.

I don't advocate negging sellers unnecessarily but this is a case of clear lying (selling a used bag as new) and deceptiveness (showing the same pictures in multiple listings for different bags).

This seller has earned "appropriate" feedback. She gives all sellers a bad name and is one of the types of sellers behind ebay's reasons for being so unfairly balanced in favor of buyers and against sellers.

I don't advocate negging sellers unnecessarily but this is a case of clear lying (selling a used bag as new) and deceptiveness (showing the same pictures in multiple listings for different bags).

I don't advocate negging sellers lightly either but, in addition to the reasons you mentioned above, the strong-arm tactics she used on the OP threatening her with legal action are unconscionable. The OP stood her ground but someone more vulnerable could have felt coerced into just keeping the bag and staying silent.