Problem with Lipstick Studded Affair

Katie1030

Jun 30, 2007
I just received this bag about 20 minutes ago, I had been looking all over for it and Amazon got one in stock last week so I bought it immediately. Unfortunately, as soon as I looked at the bag I noticed that the leather on the front looked darker than the leather on the back and almost looked kind of cracked (not crackled and glazed like the back, it looks sort of dry and strange). I thought that maybe something was on the leather on the front flap so I took a Magic Eraser and very very lightly went over a small part to see if any of the darkness would come off. All that it took off was a bit of red from the leather dye. :sad: Has this ever happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have any suggestions of anything that I could do to improve the look of it? I'd hate to send it back since I got a good deal on it and it was very hard to come by but I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the condition that it's in.

I attached a few photos of the front flap (with the studs) and the back (no studs) of the bag so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Attachments

• front flap 1.jpeg
    front flap 1.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 416
  • front flap 2.jpeg
    front flap 2.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 518
  • back.jpeg
    back.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 458
  • back 2.jpeg
    back 2.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 400
the colour difference looks pretty obvious. if you dont love it, you might want to consider returning it.

I just received this bag about 20 minutes ago, I had been looking all over for it and Amazon got one in stock last week so I bought it immediately. Unfortunately, as soon as I looked at the bag I noticed that the leather on the front looked darker than the leather on the back and almost looked kind of cracked (not crackled and glazed like the back, it looks sort of dry and strange). I thought that maybe something was on the leather on the front flap so I took a Magic Eraser and very very lightly went over a small part to see if any of the darkness would come off. All that it took off was a bit of red from the leather dye. :sad: Has this ever happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have any suggestions of anything that I could do to improve the look of it? I'd hate to send it back since I got a good deal on it and it was very hard to come by but I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the condition that it's in.

I attached a few photos of the front flap (with the studs) and the back (no studs) of the bag so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Thanks!