Problem with Hermes leather

So the cross is an added to the craftsman stamp? I will definitely post the reply from Claude. He worked on my birkin, gave it a spa treatment and crafted a new clochette and did a wonderful job so I'm hoping this turns out well.
Interesting thought on dryness. I wonder if, since the bag came from hermes.com, did it sit in a warehouse and become dried out from the atmosphere of the facility, as opposed to being on a shelf in a store.

There was a discussion if the celtic cross means something special. I think the conclusion was that it's a stamp of the atelier where the bag was made, and nothing more. ;)

Hope your bag can be fixed soon. Keep us posted!

Also, so far in this thread there are 3 GPTs in Rouge H that have had issues with corners so I wonder if maybe it is the color? would love to hear from anyone with problems in a different color.

Interesting theory re the problem being with the color. In one of my paths in life, I was a hair stylist and when we learned about coloring is the red pigment is larger, which equates with it being less stable. So if you're not a natural red and have ever colored your hair red, it faded sooner (versus later). Another example: ever see or own a red car that was not garaged? After a time the UV rays etc will cause oxidation. The process happens much faster with red than any other color.

So your theory may be right on the money.

If the problem is with the color I will be in quite a quandry......keep the Rouge H, which I love, and live with the peeling or ask to exchange the bag for another color (and who knows what if any colors they have available!) Guess I'll cross that bridge if/when I get to it

At this point it is anyone's guess what is causing the problem. If this is happening with other Rouge H's, it would be in H's best interest to find out why. Was it the color lot or that particular leather can't hold the color well. No matter how you slice it, there's a problem that needs addressing. First off, is find out if they know why, have others reported a similar peeling and then what. (Be thinking about a replacement in the meantime, or if they offer a fix, be sure to ask them if there is a problem within say 6 months, what then -- will they replace it?

I haven't heard back yet, and don't know if the craftsmen work on saturdays, so if not, I may not hear anything until monday. Cosmo, I think this is different from the normal wear to corners which usually appears as rub marks. the leather on this bag is peeling and the color that is exposed by the peling is bright red.

My impression, especially from that earlier thread I referenced, is that all negonda is easily prone to corner wear, not just rouge H negonda.

Agreed. Its the leather. Its Negonda. Nothing wrong with the quality. I used mine on daily basis for 2-3 months straight and the same issue existed back then. The rest of the bag section is still close to brand new until now. Just the tiny corner got affected :smile:

Agreed. Its the leather. Its Negonda. Nothing wrong with the quality. I used mine on daily basis for 2-3 months straight and the same issue existed back then. The rest of the bag section is still close to brand new until now. Just the tiny corner got affected :smile:

But this is much more that a 'tiny corner'. The leather isn't showing normal rub marks, but is actually peeling/flaking off, on 3 of the 4 corners, about 2-3 inches around each corner. The strangest part is the bright red that is exposed underneath the brick red Rouge H. Did that happen on your GPT as well, have bright red, not white or faded red show through? My other GPTs (black and etoupe) never did this and I have used them much much more.

I have had a bag replaced for reasons that were not as bad as this darling hurry in to H!!!
I sent the bag to the Madison Ave store and they received it on 9/15 and the SA that called me agreed that this should not have happened. She said the craftsman would look at it and they would call me back, so hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow. When you had a bag replaced, did they give you an option of replacing or fixing the original bag?

Well the issue with my bag was pretty bad it took three days to get the response and they said i could have any available bag in stock in the color I wanted so I took what they had but it was a condition on the leather and even though it was very bad this issue on your bag is no small thing!!! Hope it is all resolved fast darling all the best.birkel.

I do love my Rouge H but after seeing how quickly it began to peel, I would be nervous having it 'fixed' and wondering if it will happen again. Since I live about 6 hrs from NYC, sending a bag back and forth can become a hassle. I hope tomorrow brings some news from Claude.
What happened to your bag's leather? Was it a brand new bag?