Problem w/Stam or not? Please give me your opinions!

Today is my first day here. I just received this lavender Sunburst Stam I ordered from Bluefly and really love it, but I wonder whether others would think of this little issue. Thanks so much to blackonmaroon for authenticating for me. But I have a quality question, too, especially since this is a new bag and I paid plenty for it.

When I close the kisslock, where the two halves of the purse meet at the top are not perfectly even on the opposites sides of the kisslock. The left side is more closed, and the right side is more open.

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/leatherette_2009/?action=view&current=IMG_3425.jpg

If I leave the kisslock not perfectly closed, so that the little pointy "button" on one half of the kisslock does *not* snap into the other half, the 2 halves line up neatly, like this (see the kisslock is not perfectly closed).
http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/leatherette_2009/?action=view&current=IMG_3429.jpg

Here are a few other pics
http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/leatherette_2009/

I called Bluefly and there is no problem returning it, but there are no more to exchange for. I really the color and feel it's very wearable with all kinds of things. Would hate to have to return it. But I want brutally honest opinions.

*** Do the Stams the rest of you have line up perfectly across the top when closed?

*** What do you think of this little defect? I paid $1044 for the bag, so it's not like it was a steal or anything. Would YOU keep it? The problem is there, but it's not super obvious.

Thanks so much for your help.

your frame is misaligned. that's something that can be easily adjusted by repairs free of charge. i would contact diego at [email protected].

my stam frames do line up perfectly. it would bother me to have paid that amount for an imperfect bag regardless of the flaw. since you like it and sounds like you'd like to keep it, i'd go the repairs route. i'd also contact bluefly for a discount just for dealing with the hassle. good luck! hope everything works out.

Personally, I would return the bag. That misaligned frame is unacceptable. You paid too much for that bag to have to send it off to be repaired for a month or more. If you are willing to go the eBay route you should be able to get that bag or a similar one for significantly less than what you paid. Good luck with your decision! :flowers:

i would definitely return it if they won't discount it a little deeper than what you paid. it's a beautiful bag, but you didn't pay for a defective bag.

Personally, I would return the bag. That misaligned frame is unacceptable. You paid too much for that bag to have to send it off to be repaired for a month or more. If you are willing to go the eBay route you should be able to get that bag or a similar one for significantly less than what you paid. Good luck with your decision! :flowers:

I agree with Melly. I would definitely return it too, especially if the problem is bothering you! Whilst it's a stunning bag, it's also a lot of money to pay for a bag with a flaw. You'd never know, a bargain could come up on eBay.. that is if you're not in a hurry!

Thanks for all of your feedback, guys. Bluefly said they would credit me back $100 (and then make it final sale) if I decide to keep it. I emailed [email protected] at tadpolenyc's suggestion and while I would have to pay for the outbound shipping, as tadpolenyc said the repair would be free as well as the shipping back to me. I was amazed to get a reply back to my email so quickly. Would take up to 4 weeks. I am going to think about it for a day or so and see. Your help has been invaluable.

Woah, $100 is a lot! I'd definitely take advantage of that plus Diego's expert repairs. :yes:

So then it wouldn't be completely nuts to do it, then? I have been pondering this all day....what to do... I really like this particular Stam because it *isn't* quilted (I realize the latter is classic, but I love that this one is a twist on a classic). If you guys are saying the repair is likely to work out well I think I'm going to go for it. I can wait a month. The price was $1044 when I bought it (that included the 10% code I had) and I already had a store credit of $108 at the time, so I had that to put toward it when I bought it, and now if they give me $100 back, well, then it's getting better.

I would definitely take advantage of BlueFly's offer and MJ repairs.
I bought a stam from Blooingdales last year that did the same thing - it was on sale already (I believe 30%), but the SA wouldn't take anything addtl' off for the damage (she said she'd seen lots of stams that were actually like this). I really wanted this particular stam/color, and there weren't any others left so I just sucked it up and kept it. I actually used mine and never had any problems with it. I could have had it fixed but never wanted to be away from my bag!! I eventually sold it though (I wonder if the buyer ever had it repaired?? :confused1:)

Well, I did it. Thanks for everyone's input. I got the $100 credit from Bluefly and I shipped off the lovely bag to Diego at MJ repairs. I guess it doesn't seem like a very complicated repair. The rest of the bag seemed perfect. I know I could have returned it and bought something else (nice) for the same amount of money I had spent, but I really loved the color, the whole thing. I'm so bad about venturing out and buying something that's different from what I already have (too many black purses), so I really think this will be a good and very different addition to my wardrobe. I'm pretty excited. I can live with the 4 week turnaround time. I'm actually really excited now.