Problem w closure Please Help

Geminiz06

Feb 13, 2008
Hi, I had purchased a limited SS edition of the RM Affair bag years ago. What I didn't realize at the time was that the closure didn't work :sad:. When I did realize it, it was too late, it was a SS item so no returns :sad:. However for the $200 dollars that I paid, I did expect to actually be able to close the bag and use it. Even when the bag is empty it opens- I have to whole it under my underarm in order to hold it close :sad:

I really like this bag and for the cost- would really like to use it. Either the magnet has Absolutely NO Strength- or it's just that they never made the indent for the magnet to connect properly. Unfortunately- I feel like the latter is the problem- the connection seems very shallow and just doesn't adhere well.

One of my friends suggested that maybe I find a way of putting Velcro in order to hold the bag close.

Anyone ever have this problem? Any suggestions?

Hi, I had purchased a limited SS edition of the RM Affair bag years ago. What I didn't realize at the time was that the closure didn't work :sad:. When I did realize it, it was too late, it was a SS item so no returns :sad:. However for the $200 dollars that I paid, I did expect to actually be able to close the bag and use it. Even when the bag is empty it opens- I have to whole it under my underarm in order to hold it close :sad:

I really like this bag and for the cost- would really like to use it. Either the magnet has Absolutely NO Strength- or it's just that they never made the indent for the magnet to connect properly. Unfortunately- I feel like the latter is the problem- the connection seems very shallow and just doesn't adhere well.

One of my friends suggested that maybe I find a way of putting Velcro in order to hold the bag close.

Anyone ever have this problem? Any suggestions?
my experience with Affair is that i need to collide 2 sides of the magnets perfectly in order to make it 'stick' tight together. can you try again and see if this is the cause of the problem?

my experience with Affair is that i need to collide 2 sides of the magnets perfectly in order to make it 'stick' tight together. can you try again and see if this is the cause of the problem?

Unfortunately, it unattaches every time no matter how much I try to align the 2 sides, it'll lightly clasp & then un-clasp. It's like the attachment is too shallow . At this point I really just want to find a way of keeping it close so that way I can actually use it :sad:.

I agree, I'd go to a shoe cobbler and just have the magnetic snap replaced, they work with anything leather including purses in my experience. I've found if you try to overstuff the Affair or too much weight it can pop open, don't know if this is part of it.

I agree, I'd go to a shoe cobbler and just have the magnetic snap replaced, they work with anything leather including purses in my experience. I've found if you try to overstuff the Affair or too much weight it can pop open, don't know if this is part of it.
Really? I didn't know that they would be able to replace it- I sure hope they can :smile:
I am going tomorrow Thanks for all of the input ladies- I'll let you know how it goes