Problem returning Louboutins?

jacyh

O.G.
Nov 4, 2007
I bought some Louboutins online, and I am having trouble returning them to the store. They're saying that I've damaged the soles, and I don't understand this because how else is one supposed to try on the shoes, lying down and not letting them touch the ground? I've put towels down to make sure I don't mark the soles at all, and they're rejecting my return!

This is what they wrote:
"I am writing to inform you of your recent order placed, please note that your item was rejected by the brand due to several marks on the back of the soles, please see images attached.

I regret that due to this the item is not eligible for a refund, in situations such as this the order will need to be re-dispatched back out to you in which you will need to confirm an address.

Should you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me."

I feel like this is against my consumer rights:
By inference CCR 2013 @ 34(9) allows you to handle the goods as necessary to ”establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods”, trying the shoes on would be necessary to establish the functioning (fit) of the goods.

Similarly CCR 2013 @ 34(12) provides I can handle to goods as you would be allowed to in the shop, which would include trying them on.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you overturn their decision?

20210909_080114 (2).jpg

20210909_080230 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about your problem with the returns. Although I don't have a solution for it, I have a tip for next time when you try on shoes: I always put on thick socks around the front part of the shoes so that I can walk around in the house without getting any scratches on the soles. Again, I'm sorry that I can't help here, but I hope my tip prevents everyone else from getting in this situation in the first place.

@
I'm so sorry to hear about your problem with the returns. Although I don't have a solution for it, I have a tip for next time when you try on shoes: I always put on thick socks around the front part of the shoes so that I can walk around in the house without getting any scratches on the soles. Again, I'm sorry that I can't help here, but I hope my tip prevents everyone else from getting in this situation in the first place.

That is so BRILLIANT!! I will do this for next time… if I buy from them again but I will definitely do it with other shoes

Reactions: Donuthunter
I did manage to return them. I had to call every day (and this is not an exaggeration) for three weeks and explained over and over and over that I tried on the shoes on top of towels and that it was impossible that the other pair I returned was not damaged and this one was when I tried them in the same way. I was passed around to different departments and talked to a Louboutin representative at some point too. I don’t know if they got annoyed or if it’s because I filed a PayPal complaint or if it’s because I emailed the head of customer service… ‍:-s I would say my tips for my future self are to 1. try Louboutins in store (if I will ever buy from them again after this incident), and 2. take pictures of the soles of any shoes I order online before trying them on, in case it came damaged, and if it did, to email the customer service immediately

Glad it worked out :tup:
My rule of thumb for trying on/returning things is if I were the next person to receive it/them would I be disappointed in their condition. This should apply to retailers as well. No one wants to pay for a new item sight unseen and receive the floor model.
I once purchased a McQueen scarf from an upscale dept store. It arrived with tags attached but coiled up as if someone had just taken it off their neck and threw it in the return box. Reeked of perfume as well. I was so disappointed and annoyed to have to go through the hassle of returning it.
Not saying that this was the case here. At all. But we've all seen the Find the Flaw posts here that defy prescription eyewear and a magnifying glass to spot. :search:

Last edited:
I did manage to return them. I had to call every day (and this is not an exaggeration) for three weeks and explained over and over and over that I tried on the shoes on top of towels and that it was impossible that the other pair I returned was not damaged and this one was when I tried them in the same way. I was passed around to different departments and talked to a Louboutin representative at some point too. I don’t know if they got annoyed or if it’s because I filed a PayPal complaint or if it’s because I emailed the head of customer service… ‍:-s I would say my tips for my future self are to 1. try Louboutins in store (if I will ever buy from them again after this incident), and 2. take pictures of the soles of any shoes I order online before trying them on, in case it came damaged, and if it did, to email the customer service immediately

I'm glad it worked out for you! Also, thank you for your response.

I am having problems with returning my CL, I have had them returned once to me because I package it up wrong and now when I look on the tracker it appears that they coming to me again!! I have put 3 invoices and signed them on the outside of the package along with the label!! Does any one have any photos of your return package!

I am having problems with returning my CL, I have had them returned once to me because I package it up wrong and now when I look on the tracker it appears that they coming to me again!! I have put 3 invoices and signed them on the outside of the package along with the label!! Does any one have any photos of your return package!

is this through UPS by any chance??