Problem of carrying City with shoulder strap

JacobMommy

May 17, 2013
Hi City lovers, do you find it difficult to carry your City with shoulder strap? It keeps slipping down on me... I like to free my hands so I don't usually carry bags with my arm.

Does anybody have the same problem? How do you do with it?

Reactions: Namwan-
Hi City lovers, do you find it difficult to carry your City with shoulder strap? It keeps slipping down on me... I like to free my hands so I don't usually carry bags with my arm.

Why don't you get a chain extender from Etsy and use it cross body?

Put 'purse chain' into the search and loads come up and the sellers will customise the length for you. You can put one on each side of the existing strap.

Yes, I have this problem and it drives me crazy :P
I have one city and I rarely use it for this reason.
I stick with the Day or Velo styles. The Day stays on my shoulder no problem and I generally wear the Velo cross body, but if I wear it on one shoulder it doesn't slip for me. Lots of people here mention the Velo strap being too long but I'm 5'3 and I like the longer strap.

Same problem for me, so I hardly use my City. :sad: I blame it on my bony, narrow shoulders and have the same issue with a Longchamp Pliage which has rolled handles. Weighing down the bag helps but defeats the purpose of having a Bal which is known for being lightweight.

My sad DIY solution was to attach a small piece of microfibre cloth to the strap, so there is some friction against my clothing. But I always have to re-adjust/re-position the strap so the cloth doesn't pop out underneath.

I prefer my Town and Hip, which can be worn crossbody.

Would love to hear if anyone else has a better solution!

I have only carried my City a few times since I got it, for me it fits better than my Twiggy, which kept falling off of my shoulder... Eventually I fell out of love with Twiggy and sold it.

Getting chain extenders to wear it as a crossbody sounds tempting... :angel:

Yes, I have this problem too with the longer straps on both my city and part time bags, both slip off my shoulder a lot. I think it's because the detachable straps are very thin and a bit too wide across the shoulder. I lift weights and my shoulders are toned and most bags stay on very nicely, except for these ones. :/

Arrghghh it happens all the time with a coat! I don't find it slipping off as much even with a tshirt, but, coat or jacket and I'm constantly shrugging it back up.

Very annoying!