Probably beat this horse into the ground already but....

1. ....because I can't seem to find the thread where we discussed the pros and cons of a 30cm Birkin vs. a 35cm for us shorties.....what can be said about a 30 vs 35 for gals who are 5'3" and oh about 110# heading fast and furiously into their 50th year?

I'm thinking 30cm because I don't want a bag to overpower me and I'm not really into carrying around everything but the kitchen sink...:oh:

2. Given your stats, def stick to the 30.

3. omg - you're so petite!

here's what i've found:
    35 cm elbow:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/birkin-35-elbow-16978.html?highlight=birkin
    suitable size:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/which-size-birkin-is-suitable-for-me-12436.html?highlight=birkin
    30 vs. 35:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/do-you-prefer-size-30-or-35-birkin-7266.html?highlight=birkin

i think it's just a matter of personal preference. i know people who are either your size or shorter and love the 35. and no - you don't have to fill the bags to the brim... some just like the way one size vs. antoerh looks on them.

good luck!:flowers:

4. Oh WOW, hermes_lemming! Thank you....this is JUST what I need to take a look at!

5. lol - no worries. bout time i starting "giving back" to you lovely TFS ladies. cheers!

6. Yes D., I agree with H.Lemming, it's totally subjective wether you prefer a 30 or a 35, even though you're not very tall, both sizes would look good on you...It depends what you feel better with...I'm 5'7, and I have both 35 and 40 Birkins and I like the way they both look on me...What I would do if I were you, since you go to H quite often and are friendly with your SA, every time you go, ask if they have a 30 or a 35 Birkin just to try for size, they shouldn't have any problem in making you try them on, even if they are preordered (I do it at my H all the time)...That's the best way to decide which size suits you best...:flowers:

7. I'm very small and I've tried both 30cm and 35cm. Since I would not carry laptops or loads of documents in my Birkin, 30cm is perfect. This is also because of the weight, to carry a lot of stuff, I would need a bag with a shoulder strap so it's not so heavy.

8. i'm only 4'11 and have a 35cm and i love it. it's definately personal preference!

9. The 30 is perfect for me - I wonder about the 35 also but with extra weight, I don't really need the extra size as the 30 is more than adequate for my daily stuff!

10. I agree, it's about personal preference. I have a 35cm and I'm only 5'2" and I love it.:love:

11. Here's my take - since you have 32 and 28 cm Kellys, A 30cm Birkin would be very similar to those. I'd go for a 35cm for a change (if you like the look on you.) I'm your height and the 35cm does not overpower me. :smile:

12. For me, (at 5'2") - I think I would feel the 35 to be a work tote more...it really depends what you want to use it for and how comfortable you are with the larger size...

13. It's definitely a matter of preference. I'm 5'8" (without heels) but I prefer 30cm over 35cm. People generally tell me that I should go with 35cm because I'm tall, however, I've tried on someone else's 35cm and it just looks like a briefcase/tote on me. It definitely has to do with whether one feels that he/she can pull it off. I don't think I can pull it off and for me it shows (but ppl still insist that 35cm looks good on me). I prefer bags that are around letter-size. The only exception is the JPG Birkin. Because of the East-West look, it wouldn't look big or disproportionate on me.

What I noticed is that I've seen lots of people who are a lot shorter than me carrying big bags and it looks great on them. But somehow when I try these bags, I just look dorky. So the important thing is, wear what you are comfortable with. Don't do it because the majority thinks you should wear a certain size. the important thing is make sure that you will be happy with your purchase:flowers:

14. shopmom,
    i am 5'4" and about 134 pounds- a slightly toned size 6. okay, okay, sometimes an 8. As i know it, a 35 seems most popular & difficult to get, but i think, hope this helps, that my stature and dla (daily living activities warrant a 30 as well. i have a longchamp zippered tote i take in my car, as i am always carrying books with me.
    so the 30 seems a-okay!

15. Thank you, everyone! You are the best!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice