Probably a dumb question but...re LV boxes

boxes are standard for smaller items, larger items usually they give you the foldable cardboard box which i detest. from what i gather only those who order from eluxury get the really pretty hardcased boxes. sigh...

I just gotten an Epi speedy from overseas but they only gave me a dustbag. Am wondering if I can ask from any local LV outlets for a box? Will they request to see my receipt or anything?

@ my boutique, the SA's don't even wrap/pkg the bag. It goes to the back where a wrapper packs it all up, then goes to the cashier.

She was definitely lazy. You just have to speak up. I bought a Denim Clutch 3 weeks ago and it came in a box.

I always get a box without asking. I also notice other people always get boxes too.. wrapped with a ribbon or that brown string they use. Small or big, box is there. I guess some SAs are lazy. But at the SCP I usually have someone help me, and someone else goes in the back to pack it, and I have another SA charge me. It's like a whole 3 step process.

This happened to my mom when she got her white Suhali agenda. They put it in it's dust cover and in the LV shopping bag which had her new Suhali lockit in it's box.

The next time we went to the boutique we told the SA that my mom didn't get a box for the agenda and she'd like one because she likes to store her things away in their boxes when they're not being used and the SA gave her one, although she seemed like she didn't want to....

I did not get a box from the LV boutique when I bought my Neverfull (and didn't think to ask for one). I did get one from elux when I bought my Azur Speedy 30 (but one side was ripped). I don't really use them, but I kept the one I have in case I decide to sell - I think a lot of people like having them...

I normally got LV box with any purchase, but I remembered last time I went shopping at Harrods (for Viva-cite GM), the SA only put my bag in dust bag and put all in large brown envelop. I asked for a box, but he said there's no big box in the store.

so, I think it depends..:shrugs:

Glad that you're getting your box! Good for you for speaking up for yourself. I think it's better protection for your handbags when you store them, and for the $$ that we spend, some nice storage to go with it isn't out of line.