Prob way behind the times to ask this: Canard?

ilove2shop

O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Can anyone give me a great visual explaining to me the color of Canard? I am trying to decide on one of the biker jackets and I am not familiar with this color. I have done a little searching, but photos don't always show up correctly on my computer. I trust you guys here more than my own computer screen to give me a great explanation! Thank-you in advance!!

Jump over to either one of these threads, then do a search for either "Canard" or "Petrol." (Petrol is the same color as Canard, for some reason the US and European boutiques are using a different name).

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...-cool-moto-leather-jacket-club-518688-23.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-style-reference/balenciaga-jackets-523909.html

Canard is very difficult to photograph. It is a true, steely grey. The zipper tape has kind of a slate undertone, which causes the jacket itself to have a slight blue cast when photographed. But IRL, I promise - it doesn't look blue at all.

Here are a couple of photos of my Canard moto jacket. The final one is a comparison with the '09 Khaki.

Canard4.jpg

Canard3.jpg

Jackets.jpg

OMG!! Beautiful - I am sorry I got this thread in the wrong place... :noggin:

I have to run out the door but I can't wait to come back and take a closer look. I am wanting the jacket to wear mostly with jeans if not always just with jeans, and brown is my favorite color, but honestly I am not sure if it looks as striking in the brown as the darker colors. But - I have no black purses and never will (only browns) so thought the brown would be best - and maybe not so "bikerish" for the everday. However - I can't argue that the dark colors are really rockin this jacket......... feel free to weigh in on this! I am hopeless at decisions!

Go in and try both on, ask the sale assistant to photograph you on your mobile and then have a look at both shots.

If you wear lots of brown in your T's as well as having brown purses only, and have lots of brown accessories, you may look fantastic with the Canard, as it is much softer than black and looks more grey than it does black.

I have never worn black and nor do I own any black footwear or bags. So, after buying both a brown and dark grey leather jacket (not Bal), I've found I use my dark grey one so much more that I have sold my brown jacket.

At the end of the day, as lots of the TPFers will share with you, you will wear most often what you love most!

The Canard/Petrol jacket is not the same color as the Canard in the handbags. I have the jacket, which is really more of a gray. And I also have the Sunday Tote, which is more of a deep teal/blue. However, the zipper tape on the jacket matches the leather of the bag almost exactly. The jacket is really a petrol color with canard zipper tape, IMO.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3160082.JPG
    P3160082.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 526
The Canard/Petrol jacket is not the same color as the Canard in the handbags. I have the jacket, which is really more of a gray. And I also have the Sunday Tote, which is more of a deep teal/blue. However, the zipper tape on the jacket matches the leather of the bag almost exactly. The jacket is really a petrol color with canard zipper tape, IMO.

attachment.php

Lovely pics of lovely Bitems, TMitch!

Great comparison of the two colours :biggrin:

Very interesting, TMitch!! The zipper tape definitely looks the same in photos.

It's so odd that Bal would choose to use the same name for two drastically different colors in the same season. On the US website, they identify both the grey jacket and the blue handbags as "Canard." I'm not a big nature person, but I think that ducks look more grey than blue. But actually, "duck" does not come to mind when I look at either color. :P

attachment.php