Priyanka Chopra

I was just reading an article saying Jamie Chung had postpartum depression after her twins were born via surrogate. :lol: Please, FTLOG it can be anxiety, depression or a lot of things. Leave those words for people who had their hormones out of whack from actual birth. Geez this world is too much sometimes.
Anxiety because she just ordered twins and the reality is here.

I wonder how hard it could be to have your baby handed to you if you weren't pregnant and experiencing all the growing symptoms that happen when you carry. May be a shock to have a baby with no hormones to prepare you.

I wonder how hard it could be to have your baby handed to you if you weren't pregnant and experiencing all the growing symptoms that happen when you carry. May be a shock to have a baby with no hormones to prepare you.
I don't know who she is, how old she is or why she had babies via surrogate but anyway....people of any age need to realize that babies aren't toys and they grow into teenagers

It is much much harder at 39, not impossible, but if she suffered even one miscarriage or went through fertility treatments, which I assume she did, I can understand why she was ready to choose surrogacy. It is heartbreaking to contemplate not having your baby when you find out how hopeless, even futile and heart wrenching it can be to keep trying.

I was just reading an article saying Jamie Chung had postpartum depression after her twins were born via surrogate. :lol: Please, FTLOG it can be anxiety, depression or a lot of things. Leave those words for people who had their hormones out of whack from actual birth. Geez this world is too much sometimes.
ITA! Anxiety and depression are real things, but it seems to be the go to excuse for a lot of people nowadays, just because it's pushed so much. Kind of like pain control back in the early 2000's that led to the opiod crisis. There are so many teenagers and older people now on anti anxiety medications, Xanax, weed, etc., that it blows my mind. "Postpartum depression" when you haven't yourself been pregnant?? Cut the crap! Maybe it's lack of sleep and exhaustion, but "postpartum depression"? Hell no.

Kind of like getting a new puppy, except much more demanding! :biggrin:
Except with celebrities, I'm sure there are often nannies and au pairs and night nurses involved, so it's not as exhausting as it is for us mere mortals.

ITA! Anxiety and depression are real things, but it seems to be the go to excuse for a lot of people nowadays, just because it's pushed so much. Kind of like pain control back in the early 2000's that led to the opiod crisis. There are so many teenagers and older people now on anti anxiety medications, Xanax, weed, etc., that it blows my mind. "Postpartum depression" when you haven't yourself been pregnant?? Cut the crap! Maybe it's lack of sleep and exhaustion, but "postpartum depression"? Hell no.
It's also a slap in the face to birthing mothers (guess I have to try to word that correctly) A surrogate, sure..great, but until your hormones are so out of whack you don't know which way is up from growing a human inside you..let's reserve some issues for people who REALLY have them.

I cannot imagine one day you are at the gym, or out for coffee with your friends and you get a call that your babies are here. :amazed:

It's also a slap in the face to birthing mothers (guess I have to try to word that correctly) A surrogate, sure..great, but until your hormones are so out of whack you don't know which way is up from growing a human inside you..let's reserve some issues for people who REALLY have them.

I was just quoting your other post to make that exact point
It's like a couple saying "We're pregnant"
Ummmm.............no. SHE'S pregnant you're just along for the ride

Next thing you know, husbands/partners will be claiming postpartum depression. :rolleyes:

Just another perspective:

I have no doubt that there is such a thing as post surrogacy depression for those who are mothers via a surrogate but let’s not call it postpartum.

I have a friend who was horrifically assaulted at a younger age and, no matter what she tried, she could not maintain a pregnancy. Surrogacy was an amazing gift for her and her partner. However, no matter how much she wanted a baby (and she WANTED a baby), when the baby finally arrived, my friend went through a really rough first six months. Her doc said it was perfectly normal - the hormones that can go wonky after delivery are also the things that initially allow us to recognize and bond with the baby, pull us through sleepless nights and even intrinsically know what the baby needs.

My poor friend who is the MOST loving and attached parent now, on top of having attachment issues, regret and depression, felt guilty and like an awful human being. And then she had the added struggle of the judgment and constant comments about how easy surrogacy was and people feeling at liberty to ask if the baby was “hers” and so on. It was a terrible time for her.

Last edited:
Surrogacy is the ultimate gift. My pregnancy wreaked havoc on my mind and body. I also felt all the issues your friend had, and I planned a pregnancy. I cannot imagine going through all of that for someone else. It is the most unselfish thing!
ETA when I read the Jamie Chung article I couldn't help think of some of the ish I'd seen on The Handmaid's Tale of some of these women thinking they could "relate" to the birth. Umm, no it's not postpartum, it's just depression girl.

So.
Who's going to stay home with the kid? :oh:
TBH I have no idea who she is. Never seen her in anything. I didn't even know she was married to Nick Jonas.
Since I was waaaaaaaay too old (and child free by choice) to have been in on the boy band thing I never heard Nick sing until his unfortunate appearance in the Les Mis 25th Anniversary concert. Needless to say underwhelmed doesn't even begin to cover it. I know few humans can successfully share a stage with Alfie Boe but I could feel my body tensing along with Nick's as he struggled to be heard.

So.
Who's going to stay home with the kid? :oh:
TBH I have no idea who she is. Never seen her in anything. I didn't even know she was married to Nick Jonas.
Since I was waaaaaaaay too old (and child free by choice) to have been in on the boy band thing I never heard Nick sing until his unfortunate appearance in the Les Mis 25th Anniversary concert. Needless to say underwhelmed doesn't even begin to cover it. I know few humans can successfully share a stage with Alfie Boe but I could feel my body tensing along with Nick's as he struggled to be heard.
LOL
you missed all the publicity about their HUGE overblown Indian wedding?
Jonas Bros don't do it for me either