Prix de Diane-Hermes 2007

I used to go to the Prix de Diane with my parents, aunts and uncles when I was a child !!! And I loved it !!
Besides the race, and the "Hats défilé", there was an Election of the most elegant "Equipage"
=> a jury chose the most elegant family for a picnic (including car and dogs, plates etc :smile: ) and we won when I was 9 or 10 I think...

From Paris - how exciting!! Sounds like a marvellous day Gina - I hope you can go and tell us all about it!

Katel, to be honest I never expected it and almost threw it away. I'm not really a garden-party-dress-outrageous-hat kind of girl, but it does sound like a fun afternoon of subculture-scoping, doesn't it? (Though it'll probably be a lot like Ascot, except in French and with polo next door.) [edit] But more than the people, I'd rather go to see how H has had it all decorated!

BTW - If I decide to go I would LOVE the company! The more the merrier I say!

BTW, gina...that hat doesn't have to be outrageous!! LOL!!

fromparis - that sounds just lovely! And how fun to cap off a perfect day by being elected most elegant family!

Well, it looks like with a little logistical fiddling I can make it. If I can pack a hat I might be persuaded to wear one, but I'm really looking forward to seeing if the defile de chapeaux is as entertaining as at Ascot! (But you know, I'd probably be distracted by all the bags. ;) )

^ it's never as over-the-top at polo events. Usually sunhats with brims, whereas at the Races, especially Ascot, it's almost anything goes, but traditionally small brims, like HM wears. So you can see the equines running, and don't block the view!

Then it will be an interesting comparison to see what people are wearing at Le Polo d'Apremont, just a few km away. One of my French SAs was just telling me about when she had gone to the Prix de Diane and when speaking of the hats said that some were pretty while others were "quite shocking". Whatever that means. Can't wait to find out! And take pics if I think of it.

Katel, I'm bringing my camera just for you!

there's plenty of "society" women and "IT" Girls who think Phillip Treacy couture Millinery is appropriate for everything!! LOL!!

I used to have a Treacy that not only couldn't go everywhere, but looked ominous enough to poke anyone nearby in the eye, including me. :P