Private listing

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Is there anyway that we can just make all of our auctions private on ebay? I have many wonderful repeat buyers, but many times newbies snipe and win my auctions at the last second. The majority of my newbie buyers never pay either. I cannot believe how much money I'm losing now on ebay. It is not just the insertion fees, but all of the pictures I post and then having to relist. I wish I could just make the majority of my auctions private, so only the people that I want to bid on my items can. And I'm not talking about keeping the auction private, so no one else can see who is bidding. I want my auctions private, so that only certain buyers can see it. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

2. Erm, I'm sure I've seen listings in the past where members have to contact the seller for permission to bid or something ? Can't remember now though, have you tried searching the Ebay help pages ?

3. ^^ It's much easier to control your listings on Bonanza. I don't think you can be as exclusive with buyers on ebay.

4. I think you need to set up your own private auction site and get off of ebay! LOL!

5. I don't think you can make auctions "private" but you can use a BIN/mmediate payment with a Best Offer option and choose your buyer than way.

6. Actually that only prevents bidders with fb of -1 or less. It doesn't prevent newbies or fairly newbies who have a fb of 0 - say, 5.