Privacy Concern

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I apologize if this has been answered anywhere else! Is there anyway that we can make our posts/threads/pictures limited only to members of tPF through the current settings? I really don't like the fact that anyone outside tPF has the ability to view my posts including any pictures as well as any threads that I've created. I love sharing and interacting via tPF but to me this is a bit of a privacy concern.

2. No, this is not possible. Visibility is set on a per-forum basis and not on a per-user basis.

You can restrict who can see your profile and contact you.

3. Do you think that visibility on a per-user basis could ever become a setting in the future?

4. I'm afraid no.

5. I understand where she's coming from. I don't mind posting photos when only tpfers can see them but I noticed the photos show up on a google search. Ex if you google the Nordstrom anniversary sale, the photos from the thread here show up.

uhpharm01 likes this.
  6. It's the same on any public website you post photos on. Any content you post anywhere online can be googled.

7. That was my concern, I had to sign-in to the app on my iPad since I rarely use it, but even without being signed in I was able to view pictures. Same goes for on my laptop.

8. Is it possible to allow for a delete function on a post or thread after a certain amount of time? Let's say after a year for example? I think after a year, the only people who would make an effort to go in and delete something would be over a privacy concern. The post could remain with maybe a [content deleted by poster] notice. Threads could be deleted in their entirety?

reginaPhalange likes this.
  9. I try to be very conscious of photos and info I post and I also watermark most of my photos with my TPF name. It is a bit disconcerting to see one's own photos and belongings on someone else's Pinterest gallery even stolen sites for fake bags etc but I'm afraid that's how the world seems to work now. Google image searches prioritise more recent postings so there is a good chance any mention/picture will drop down further and further with time.

reginaPhalange likes this.