Priority Mail International

USPS tracking is just like that it never is updated and unless its delivered in most cases it will say it doesn't recognize the number. I have a lot of faith in USPS, they've never lost 1 package yet for me so I'm sure it'll be fine~

The USPS changed their international shipping on May 14th. All the rates went up (almost DOUBLE!!!) and what was once called GLOBAL PRIORITY MAIL is now INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL.

Priority Mail International, unless it's the flat rate package, is supposed to be trackable from the point it arrives locally and in transit until destination.

FIRST CLASS MAIL INTERNATIONAL is now the only thing that comes without tracking.

I think there are glitches in the system though as they try to update it.
I've sent a few packages overseas and all were trackable via the customs number/package number (which are now one and the same) when I paid through postage through the usps.com website.

However, I know of several people who have shipped this way and the numbers came up as invalid.

When I ship overseas, I only ship global express mail (except to US and Canada), its a little more expensive than priority, but most countries have guaranteed delivery, and provide insurance. The post office is very unpredictable when shipping items to other countries. ALWAYS make sure you mail it with a tracking number and insurance.

The USPS changed their international shipping on May 14th. All the rates went up (almost DOUBLE!!!) and what was once called GLOBAL PRIORITY MAIL is now INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL.

Priority Mail International, unless it's the flat rate package, is supposed to be trackable from the point it arrives locally and in transit until destination.

now of several people who have shipped this way and the numbers came up as invalid.

has anyone had any experience with shipping from US to Canada via priority mail? how long does it take? i've always had items sent to me from US with global express, but this time my seller said that due to the size of the box, usps could only ship it via Priority Mail. it's trackable, but since 14jan, there hasn't been any recent updates (today is 21jan). also, my seller told me that it'd take 3-5days, but it seems that the item is not in canada yet cause i can't track it on www.canadapost.ca

thanks and i'd apprecciate any info on this...:flowers:

I just received an item in Canada from the U.S. via Priority Mail International and it took 5 business days - one day quicker than the 6 - 10 days quoted. I was able to view door-to-door tracking online on both the USPS and Canada Post websites. I do find that the websites look like nothing is happening for a few days and, then on the day it is out for delivery, all the tracking gets updated.

I use the customs label number when I send things international priority. It let me know when packages cleared customs leaving the US and when it was sitting in customs in the UK.

Mind you, two packages I sent to the UK using priority (two weeks before Christmas) took more than four weeks to be delivered. It was outlandish.

It's expensive, but I now only ship via Global Express. My buyer gets a tracking number, a guaranteed delivery date and I don't have to worry. (At least I had guaranteed delivery dates with Hong Kong and Australia last week.)

yes, i did ask my seller to send it with global express and fully insured. she told me that usps refused to send it with global express due to the size/weight of the package. maybe the usps clerk was wrong?

I just received an item in Canada from the U.S. via Priority Mail International and it took 5 business days - one day quicker than the 6 - 10 days quoted. I was able to view door-to-door tracking online on both the USPS and Canada Post websites. I do find that the websites look like nothing is happening for a few days and, then on the day it is out for delivery, all the tracking gets updated.

that's good to hear...i hope i've the same luck as you. i've had problems in the past with even global express (2weeks to deliver and only after search investigation was opened).

yes, i did ask my seller to send it with global express and fully insured. she told me that usps refused to send it with global express due to the size/weight of the package. maybe the usps clerk was wrong?

Yes, there are certain services that are not available due to weight and size, go here on USPS.com -

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/welcome.htm

Look on the left side you'll see a number of light blue tabs. Click on 'Index of Countries and Localities'. There you can look up the country name alphabetically and you'll see the rates for various international mailling services, weight limits, what is prohibited etc. For instance, here is Germany -

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/fh_011.htm

And to add to that - not every office can send Global Express - at our office we do not although we can use Express Mail International.

Linda

Yes, there are certain services that are not available due to weight and size, go here on USPS.com -

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/welcome.htm

Look on the left side you'll see a number of light blue tabs. Click on 'Index of Countries and Localities'. There you can look up the country name alphabetically and you'll see the rates for various international mailling services, weight limits, what is prohibited etc. For instance, here is Germany -

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/fh_011.htm

And to add to that - not every office can send Global Express - at our office we do not although we can use Express Mail International.

Linda

thanks. i called usps today and asked them specifically why they refused to send it with ems. the guy said, he doesn't know why...cause the package weighs 3lbs, so it should have been able to go with ems and to ask the local post office for the reason. hmmm....