Prioritized myself for once!

AnnaLou

Nov 14, 2022
Hi All!
After a lifetime of romanticizing having a truly quality jewelry piece, I finally allowed myself to get one! I got the Cartier Panthere Maillon ring with 5 rows in yellow gold. I'm sure by many people's standards, this is no big deal but for me it is truly special.

I got the ring and a nice watch (an omega seamaster aqua terra) for my 50th birthday. I turned 50 this year and celebrated my 4th year being cancer-free, so if those things don't deserve a celebration, I don't know what does!

The cancer was truly horrible. It was in my tonsil and spread to the lymph nodes in my neck. It was not from smoking, as I am not a smoker. It was just random bad luck. They did chemo & radiation on my face and neck, which caused dreadful side effects, some of which were long term. Although it was terribly painful, I couldn't find it in myself to complain because the side effects were better than dying from cancer (especially that one, as it is a nightmare). I was willing to do anything to get healthy and stay alive to continue to be around for my kids. And it worked! Despite a few lingering side effects from the chemo and radiation, I am overall fine now and honestly, just happy to be alive.

As far as spending money on something expensive, I have always either had other priorities or couldn't afford it, but now I can splurge every now and again and finally decided to make myself the priority! Not any of the things I usually prioritize - not the kids, not my husband, not a family vacation, not the pets' vet bills, not extra in the retirement fund, not extra savings, not extra on the mortgage. This was just for me! I have literally never spent this much money on myself EVER. And you know what? I don't regret it. Not one bit.

I will wait for Christmas to wear the ring but when I do, I will try to post a picture. What are your splurges where you prioritized yourself? If you have pictures, I would love to see them! :smile:

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchases!! I can't wait to see the photos! :smile: Please post when you wear the ring on Christmas day!

So sorry to hear what you've gone through but definitely the perfect way to splurge on yourself and to mark the milestone celebrations! I find it more that life is too short so you gotta do things that will make you happy! :heart:

Hi All!
After a lifetime of romanticizing having a truly quality jewelry piece, I finally allowed myself to get one! I got the Cartier Panthere Maillon ring with 5 rows in yellow gold. I'm sure by many people's standards, this is no big deal but for me it is truly special.

I got the ring and a nice watch (an omega seamaster aqua terra) for my 50th birthday. I turned 50 this year and celebrated my 4th year being cancer-free, so if those things don't deserve a celebration, I don't know what does!

The cancer was truly horrible. It was in my tonsil and spread to the lymph nodes in my neck. It was not from smoking, as I am not a smoker. It was just random bad luck. They did chemo & radiation on my face and neck, which caused dreadful side effects, some of which were long term. Although it was terribly painful, I couldn't find it in myself to complain because the side effects were better than dying from cancer (especially that one, as it is a nightmare). I was willing to do anything to get healthy and stay alive to continue to be around for my kids. And it worked! Despite a few lingering side effects from the chemo and radiation, I am overall fine now and honestly, just happy to be alive.

As far as spending money on something expensive, I have always either had other priorities or couldn't afford it, but now I can splurge every now and again and finally decided to make myself the priority! Not any of the things I usually prioritize - not the kids, not my husband, not a family vacation, not the pets' vet bills, not extra in the retirement fund, not extra savings, not extra on the mortgage. This was just for me! I have literally never spent this much money on myself EVER. And you know what? I don't regret it. Not one bit.

I will wait for Christmas to wear the ring but when I do, I will try to post a picture. What are your splurges where you prioritized yourself? If you have pictures, I would love to see them! :smile:
Bless you for taking care of yourself and being such a warrior against this terrible disease. So well deserved!

I have that same ring in white gold. My husband bought it for me in Las Vegas for one of our anniversaries, we've been married for 42 years, so I totally can't remember which one. Haha. It is a beautiful ring and it really sparkles. I receive many compliments on it. Congratulations on your purchase and on your survival through a very tough cancer journey.
We are on our way to Las Vegas in about a week, so some new indulgence might be on the schedule at Cartier.

Hi All!

Congratulations! I am so happy for you re your 4 year anniversary of being cancer free and your milestone birthday! I cannot wait to see your action pics! :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Loriad and AnnaLou