Prioritized myself for once!

Hi All!
After a lifetime of romanticizing having a truly quality jewelry piece, I finally allowed myself to get one! I got the Cartier Panthere Maillon ring with 5 rows in yellow gold. I'm sure by many people's standards, this is no big deal but for me it is truly special.

I got the ring and a nice watch (an omega seamaster aqua terra) for my 50th birthday. I turned 50 this year and celebrated my 4th year being cancer-free, so if those things don't deserve a celebration, I don't know what does!

The cancer was truly horrible. It was in my tonsil and spread to the lymph nodes in my neck. It was not from smoking, as I am not a smoker. It was just random bad luck. They did chemo & radiation on my face and neck, which caused dreadful side effects, some of which were long term. Although it was terribly painful, I couldn't find it in myself to complain because the side effects were better than dying from cancer (especially that one, as it is a nightmare). I was willing to do anything to get healthy and stay alive to continue to be around for my kids. And it worked! Despite a few lingering side effects from the chemo and radiation, I am overall fine now and honestly, just happy to be alive.

As far as spending money on something expensive, I have always either had other priorities or couldn't afford it, but now I can splurge every now and again and finally decided to make myself the priority! Not any of the things I usually prioritize - not the kids, not my husband, not a family vacation, not the pets' vet bills, not extra in the retirement fund, not extra savings, not extra on the mortgage. This was just for me! I have literally never spent this much money on myself EVER. And you know what? I don't regret it. Not one bit.

I will wait for Christmas to wear the ring but when I do, I will try to post a picture. What are your splurges where you prioritized yourself? If you have pictures, I would love to see them! :smile:
Congratulations! Wishing you the best of health and happiness. You deserve whatever your heart desires after all you have been through. Enjoy every minute of it!

• Thanks
Reactions: AnnaLou
Finally got around to getting pictures of my new ring and watch (the ring on my watch hand is my wedding ring and not new). I really love both and still don't regret getting either one, although I'm not sure I'll get anything else for a while.

Me and my gin and tonic are saying "Cheers" to 2023, to my 5th year being cancer-free, and to life! :drinks:

1674370376921.png1674370433873.png

Finally got around to getting pictures of my new ring and watch (the ring on my watch hand is my wedding ring and not new). I really love both and still don't regret getting either one, although I'm not sure I'll get anything else for a while.

Me and my gin and tonic are saying "Cheers" to 2023, to my 5th year being cancer-free, and to life! :drinks:

View attachment 5697896View attachment 5697898
Congratulations on getting through it and here’s to celebrating and enjoying the simple pleasures and your beautiful things.

The ring is very intricate and cool watch is awesome too and it’s a great match with your wedding band- very modern.

• Thanks
Reactions: AnnaLou
Congratulations on getting through it and here’s to celebrating and enjoying the simple pleasures and your beautiful things.

The ring is very intricate and cool watch is awesome too and it’s a great match with your wedding band- very modern.
Thank you! I'm not much of a diamond person for the most part, but I wanted a little more than a plain band, so I went to a local jeweler and we designed this together. It is white and yellow gold and is easy to wear. It never swirls around so I never have to swivel it. I usually just forget I'm wearing it, it's so comfortable.

I had to wait an extra several weeks for the 2-tone watch to come in, but I felt that the one with the white gold hands and hour markers, was just too much white and would not go at all with the YG cartier ring. It's a bit of a stretch to wear them together anyway, even on different hands, but I don't care. I'm wearing them! lol!

• Love
Reactions: Bagatha Christie