Printed Bayswater

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
After returning my pink ostrich Mitzy, I've decided to go down the sensible route, for a change!
After seeing Corries gorgeous collection of printed Bayswaters, I've fallen for the Oak one.
Does anyone have any feedback on them, re rainspots etc and does it hold it's shape well.
My last Bays, kind of collapsed in on itself, especially the flap.
I'll use a VIP liner with it though.
Any feedback would be great

Corries and Ells are the experts but if it helps I have oak and choc- choc was new and is fine in the rain - no rainspots at all. Oak came from a preferred seller and had been well sprayed in advance so ditto no problems at all. Both are much less floppy than regular bays- I use a bag liner all the time more to find things as it doesnt really need it- keeps its shape much better and looks imo a little posher than the regular!!!

Good choice by the way- what colour are you after?

Have you returned the pink Mitzy afterall? If you're not 100% certain about it, then that's a good choice. DH relieved?
I love the printed bays in Corries pics. Never seen one in real life though. Imo it's a timeless design. Oak's my favourite!

^^ah yes, but I wish I could have kept both - I really miss that choc one :sad:
Love the oak too, but it just hasn't been the weather to use it lately.

I too think they look a tiny bit smarter (eg for work) and they are more structured.

Good luck with your choosing.....

Hi RachieM

OOOh Printed Bays are just about my fave Mulberry subject in the whole world.

Personally (although I have all 3 classic colours), I think Oak & Black show off the printed leather better - its hard to describe what I mean but in the choc you cant really see the contrast of the printed leather (wierdly the black does).

Dont worry about the Oak in the rain - although I have not used my oak printed Bays - I have used my precious bespoke Oak printed Roxanne (Bicester meet, Dec 2009) and it was monsoon weather that day. It had been thoroughly sprayed with collonil (prob half a can over a week) and the rain ran off it.

Have a look at Corries lovely photos (shes far better than me at photos) of her printed trio - she also has matching keyrings and they look beyond fab.

With a bag liner you will never have a saggy bottom BUT if you can get hold of an Outlet printed Bays they have an extra leather lining to the top flap and that means the top will never ever ever collapse.

PS I love the printed leather so much - I bought the Oak & Black printed Ledburys too.

RachieM, you really cant go wrong with printed and I think you would adore the Oak.

Rach, as promised some more pics of Oak Printed.

Ellie I couldn't agree more about Oak and Black showing the print off better.
My Oak must have multi layers of collinol and she is a lovely honey colour now. I think the suggestion of the pillar box keyring with an oak bag on klp's thread is fantastic. I'd also like a coloured feather type charm to use with a printed bag. I think that would be really eyecatching and appropriate with the scale print.

Attachments

• DSC00493.jpg
    DSC00493.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC00494.jpg
    DSC00494.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00496.jpg
    DSC00496.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00500.jpg
    DSC00500.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00495.jpg
    DSC00495.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 123
Finally oak with the apple bug keyring

Choc Printed NVT with Reptile purse to show the difference. TBH I think Choc is better in Reptile. This little purse is a gem.

Black Printed just to show that some printed Bays have an offset pattern. I'm sure Charliefarlie's is like this. I really like it. I think it gives the bag an edgier look. I didn't know you could get it like this when I bought my Oak.

Attachments

• DSC00499.jpg
    DSC00499.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00501.jpg
    DSC00501.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 129
Corries, thanks for taking the time to photo the bags.
They are all beautiful but I really love the Oak, the heart keyrings are so perfect.
Maybe not the best for bad weather but all my other bags are weather proof, so I think I'll go with my heart.
I had a Oak darwin Bays and felt with all the hype that I should love it but I just didn't, for me, something was missing.
I think the printed Bays though have that little extra that I've been looking for?
I will call the London stores next week and see if they have any stock!
I did love the Ostrich Mitzy, but couldn't seeing myself getting the use out of it for the money I paid...even if it was a bargain.

I have an oak Bays and I love it. It holds its shape well and has fared well in the weather to date.

I give it a good spray with Collonil every couple of months.

Here are some photos of my Bays.

bays1.jpg

bays2.jpg

Oooh go for it, the printed leather is so gorgeous!!! The printed bays are heavier than the normal nvt but you have lots of lighter weight bags so you can swap around depending on your day. Love the pictures corries & mette