Princess Anne

@ Anne, Princess Royal

Anne performs official duties and engagements on behalf of King Charles.[8] She holds patronage in over 300 organisations, including WISE, Riders for Health, and Carers Trust.[8] Her charity work revolves around sport, sciences, people with disabilities, and health in developing countries. She has been associated with Save the Children for over fifty years and has visited a number of their projects.

Anne married Captain Mark Phillips in 1973; they separated in 1989 and divorced in 1992. They have two children, Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall, and five grandchildren. Within months of her divorce in 1992, Anne married Commander (later Vice Admiral) Sir Timothy Laurence, whom she had met while he served as her mother's equerry between 1986 and 1989.

Did you know about this:

The Bloody Attempt to Kidnap a British Princess​

Remembering the failed plot undertaken by a lone gunman

It is worth reading.

As the two men struggled over Anne, her dress ripped, splitting down the back. Instead of panicking, she had what she later called “a very irritating conversation” with her potential kidnapper.

“I kept saying I didn’t want to get out of the car, and I was not going to get out of the car,” she told police.

In response to one of Ball’s pleas, Princess Anne retorted, “Bloody likely.”

I have a lot of respect for Anne.
But do we really need a separate thread for every single European aristocrat?
As I see - your opinion has been liked now.
Mine has not been liked.
Should that be the second or third time that one of my suggestions for a celebrity will be closed?
For a lack of scandals.

Are you harsh the same way with others?
Where may I apply for permission to open a thread here?

---------

Poor Anne!
You are not welcome here, as it seems.
For a lack of scandals.

:sad:

But do we really need a separate thread for every single European aristocrat?
Not for EVERY single one.
Are you under the impression that this is my intention?
But Anne well deserves a thread.
Why do you begrudge her a thread?

And do you ask everybody here if her/his/its thread is REALLY necessary?

Reactions: Staci_W
Are you harsh the same way with others?
Where may I apply for permission to open a thread here?

Traminer, you can hardly allege that you are not permitted to start threads. You start many of them.

Anne seems, indeed, like a solid person. But, as I understand this section, at least, it’s for news, gossip and / or style. You are right, Anne keeps her head down and does her job and as a result she doesn’t lend herself to much discussion, news or gossip. Even you had to reach back 49 years to the kidnapping attempt. And she has a very practical approach to her wardrobe, repeating many outfits. I admire that. But it makes it hard to keep a thread moving.

Last edited: