Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Elizabethan Serenade is a light music composition by Ronald Binge. When it was first played by the Mantovani orchestra in 1951, it was simply titled "Andante cantabile", although the original orchestral manuscript parts in Ronald Binge's own hand show the title "The Man in the Street" (possibly the title of an early television documentary).[1] The name was altered by the composer to reflect the post-war optimism of a "new Elizabethan Age" that began with the accession of Queen Elizabeth II in February 1952.

Such a lovely piece for a lovely lady - scroll to find it here (#8):

Honestly, I am not prepared for any more bad news this year, so she'll have to hold on for our sake. There's still her platinum jubilee to be held next year!
I keep thinking of Johnny Cash and June Carter. I think he lasted less than a year after her passing. But the queen's sense of duty may keep her going. plus her mother lived a very long life.

How exactly is Philip portrayed in the next series of "The Crown"?

I think they want it to not be continued because of the way the already have portrayed him. I haven't watched The Crown, but one example that shocked me (and that deeply hurt Philip) is that they made up a story how his father blamed him for Cecilie's death and screamed at him at her funeral. Can you imagine, you lose your sister in a horrible accident, you never fully get over the loss even though you nearly make it to 100, and then some sh*tty TV series makes up the story it's somehow your fault?

And then they had the guts to post their condolences when he died, after never apologizing for their sh*tty behaviour.

I think they want it to not be continued because of the way the already have portrayed him. I haven't watched The Crown, but one example that shocked me (and that deeply hurt Philip) is that they made up a story how his father blamed him for Cecilie's death and screamed at him at her funeral. Can you imagine, you lose your sister in a horrible accident, you never fully get over the loss even though you nearly make it to 100, and then some sh*tty TV series makes up the story it's somehow your fault?

And then they had the guts to post their condolences when he died, after never apologizing for their sh*tty behaviour.
I’ve never watched it and don’t intend to. I find it shocking that people treat it like a documentary. What they did to Philip is appalling.

It may be off topic - but would like to tell you that I am related to the Royal House of Thailand.
Seriously now, no joke.
Not that I am a Thai myself. I am German, and the Thai kings and princes are "only" my in-laws.
And they probably do not know about it - and I have no advatage because of it.
It is just an interesting fact for me.

Some Info:

Another prominent example is the racially mixed marriage between Prince Rangsit Prayurasakdi and the German lady Elisabeth Scharnberger. They had three children, two sons and a daughter called Princess Charulaksana Kalyani Rangsit.

https://www.sirinyas-thailand.de/tag/elisabeth-scharnberger/?print=print-search

As I am related to Elisabeth Scharnberger, I am also somehow related to King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit, if I may say so. :smile:

I’ve never watched it and don’t intend to. I find it shocking that people treat it like a documentary. What they did to Philip is appalling.
Yes, and at the end of the last season, I can't remember the exact words, it insinuated that Philip was threatening Diana, something along the lines of behave or watch out. I found that scene distasteful especially as it was known that Philip and Diana were close and now it has been proven.