Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

ETA: possible Fake News below :shrugs:

Princess Charlotte to be Duchess of Edinburgh: King Charles wants to keep the role for the third in line to throne in a 'fitting' tribute to The Queen - who also held the title - and to 'honour the line of succession'​

• Prince Edward was expected to become Duke of Edinburgh after father's death
  • Princess Charlotte is third in line to the throne after Prince William and George
  • Giving her the title would honour the late Queen and the line of succession

Last edited:
I read the excerpt in the DM too and it appears that everyone around the Queen knew she was ill, possibly battling some type of bone marrow cancer as the excerpt states. The family and her closest staff knew her time was short and Harry/MM still did what they did over the past couple of years and turned down the invitation to stay with her during her final summer at Balmoral. The rest of the family spent time with her. It would not have been hard for Harry and Meghan to do the same. I don't expect Meghan has any regrets about that, she didn't know the Queen well and couldn't care less about her, but Harry certainly did. So, I think that is particularly damning and speaks volumes about him.
He is selfish. There is nothing good to say about him after acting like this and treating TQ and PP as he did. It is not even worth talking about Meghan in this regard as she thinks of no one, but herself. She has made that crystal clear.

Princess Charlotte to be Duchess of Edinburgh: King Charles wants to keep the role for the third in line to throne in a 'fitting' tribute to The Queen - who also held the title - and to 'honour the line of succession'​

• Prince Edward was expected to become Duke of Edinburgh after father's death
  • Princess Charlotte is third in line to the throne after Prince William and George
  • Giving her the title would honour the late Queen and the line of succession

I read the article and understand KC's reasoning, but I still can't help but feel a bit sorry for Prince Edward. It seems like anyone else who is passed over for a promotion after they've kept their head down and worked hard. I hope his royal privilege makes it easier to swallow.

So. Much. Wrong with this.

But also, the same mother that was giving interviews praising Ghoul as basically a saint?

Lest anyone think we're a bunch of crazies here, there are plenty of IG and Twitter commenters who share our distaste for MM:

"I've followed the happenings in May 2016 for a little while and it is sure that while she was living with Cory, Markus was in the picture, she met Haz and there was Rory, Mister Ice-Bucket... busy gal that month our Meg!
I have also seen a story that she "met" Haz in April 2015 at the opening of her legs and Soho House Istanbul."

:lol::lol::lol:

I read the article and understand KC's reasoning, but I still can't help but feel a bit sorry for Prince Edward. It seems like anyone else who is passed over for a promotion after they've kept their head down and worked hard. I hope his royal privilege makes it easier to swallow.
Some are saying this story is fake news. Stay tuned.

ETA: this working royal thing is really becoming a huge consideration. Perhaps the glory days are over. Many other monarchies have trimmed down, too. :thinking:

There's nothing I would put past her at this point, but several books claim they got engaged months before the annoucement. So for me, those logistics don't add up.

I think if they didn't do a bhcg level if she was claiming to be pregnant, then the BRF are dumber than I've been giving them credit for. Unless of course, Haz blocked it.

Personally I think they are well matched and deserve each other - when this thread started I disliked Meghan and was accused of being racist - I don’t care about her skin colour and unlike many others on here who criticise her looks I think she is a beautiful woman it’s her character or lack of that is the problem - I used to feel sorry for Harry and hoped he would find a partner and enjoy life - let’s face it even the spare will have a life of luxury and privilege - but no he shows his true colours instead of maturing into an adult he found a partner who is as vain selfish and self entitled as he is - they bring out the absolute worst in each other - and the media feed their insanity with 24/7 coverage I’d love them to be exiled to somewhere so we never see or hear of them again
I would like to see them do what they said they were going to do when they left the BRF, that they desperately needed to escape the media and live a private life.