Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

1669490295781.png

In today’s compelling extract, Mr Brandreth, a former Conservative MP reveals:
  • The Queen was ‘devoted’ to Harry and thought he was ‘huge fun’ but feared he was ‘perhaps a little too in-love’ with Meghan;
  • She liked Meghan and did ‘everything to make her feel welcome’;
  • The Queen told Meghan she could continue her career, saying: ‘You can carry on being an actress if you like – that’s your profession, after all’;
  • When Meghan said she would quit acting to dedicate herself to Royal service, the Queen was ‘delighted’ – but then became concerned when her offer to have Sophie Wessex ‘show her the ropes’ was rejected;
  • The Queen liked Meghan’s mother Doria, and was sorry the Markle family was ‘fractured’;
  • While other members of the Royal Family found the Sussexes’ decision to name their daughter Lilibet – the Queen’s childhood nickname – ‘bewildering’ and ‘rather presumptuous’, the Queen remarked it was ‘very pretty and seems just right’;
  • If Harry and Meghan are mentioned to other members of the Royal Family, the response is a brief smile and the curt platitude: ‘We wish them all the best’;
  • When Prince Andrew ‘harrumphed’ about Meghan and Harry’s tell-all interview with Ms Winfrey in 2020, the Queen gently reminded him of a similar interview his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson had given to the same talk-show host;
  • Prince Philip felt that the Sussexes’ interview was ‘madness’ but the Queen was relaxed, dismissing it – and a forthcoming Netflix documentary – as ‘this television nonsense’;
  • The story that the Queen shed tears at the decommissioning of the Royal Yacht Britannia in 1997 is debunked as a myth, as Prince Philip told Mr Brandreth that it was simply down to a cold wind that day which made everyone’s eyes water;
  • When Zara Tindall told her grandmother she was calling her daughter Lena rather than Elena because she didn’t want her child’s initials to be ET, the Queen, not appreciating the reference to the 1982 film about an extra-terrestrial, replied. ‘You’ve lost me’.

Well.. just finished S5 of The Crown. It was a snoozefest and there was nothing that seemed to have "inside" info

I literally fell asleep during a couple of episodes. But there were a couple of really good ones. I enjoyed the introduction of the Fayed family. Sent me down a rabbit hole online to learn more. And the actress who played Diana was great. But overall not the best season.

It's so funny because other than this thread or an occasional tweet I NEVER read about them...where are they being covered so much other than tabloids?

Also I saw a very interesting segment about how hate or rage becomes almost addictive which is why social media and politicians can use it to their advantage. And why positive news receives so much less coverage or clicks.
It makes sense that they are mainly in the entertainment and gossip media. That is who their publicists work with and they don’t do anything that would get them attention from the news media (except when they complain about the royal family).

View attachment 5659896

In today’s compelling extract, Mr Brandreth, a former Conservative MP reveals:
  • The Queen was ‘devoted’ to Harry and thought he was ‘huge fun’ but feared he was ‘perhaps a little too in-love’ with Meghan;
  • She liked Meghan and did ‘everything to make her feel welcome’;
  • The Queen told Meghan she could continue her career, saying: ‘You can carry on being an actress if you like – that’s your profession, after all’;
  • When Meghan said she would quit acting to dedicate herself to Royal service, the Queen was ‘delighted’ – but then became concerned when her offer to have Sophie Wessex ‘show her the ropes’ was rejected;
  • The Queen liked Meghan’s mother Doria, and was sorry the Markle family was ‘fractured’;
  • While other members of the Royal Family found the Sussexes’ decision to name their daughter Lilibet – the Queen’s childhood nickname – ‘bewildering’ and ‘rather presumptuous’, the Queen remarked it was ‘very pretty and seems just right’;
  • If Harry and Meghan are mentioned to other members of the Royal Family, the response is a brief smile and the curt platitude: ‘We wish them all the best’;
  • When Prince Andrew ‘harrumphed’ about Meghan and Harry’s tell-all interview with Ms Winfrey in 2020, the Queen gently reminded him of a similar interview his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson had given to the same talk-show host;
  • Prince Philip felt that the Sussexes’ interview was ‘madness’ but the Queen was relaxed, dismissing it – and a forthcoming Netflix documentary – as ‘this television nonsense’;
  • The story that the Queen shed tears at the decommissioning of the Royal Yacht Britannia in 1997 is debunked as a myth, as Prince Philip told Mr Brandreth that it was simply down to a cold wind that day which made everyone’s eyes water;
  • When Zara Tindall told her grandmother she was calling her daughter Lena rather than Elena because she didn’t want her child’s initials to be ET, the Queen, not appreciating the reference to the 1982 film about an extra-terrestrial, replied. ‘You’ve lost me’.
To me this book is the most damning account regarding the despicable Hawry. His Grandmother gave he and his evil conniving wife nothing but unconditional love, even as she had to make difficult decisions to protect the Monarchy. I had not comprehended the apparent degree of tolerance she showed them. Without any appreciation, they responded with disrespect and malicious behaviors. They deserve to be obliterated from all things Royal.

To me this book is the most damning account regarding the despicable Hawry. His Grandmother gave he and his evil conniving wife nothing but unconditional love, even as she had to make difficult decisions to protect the Monarchy. I had not comprehended the apparent degree of tolerance she showed them. Without any appreciation, they responded with disrespect and malicious behaviors.

I read the excerpt in the DM too and it appears that everyone around the Queen knew she was ill, possibly battling some type of bone marrow cancer as the excerpt states. The family and her closest staff knew her time was short and Harry/MM still did what they did over the past couple of years and turned down the invitation to stay with her during her final summer at Balmoral. The rest of the family spent time with her. It would not have been hard for Harry and Meghan to do the same. I don't expect Meghan has any regrets about that, she didn't know the Queen well and couldn't care less about her, but Harry certainly did. So, I think that is particularly damning and speaks volumes about him.

Not surprised. I have zero interest in this season. I was around for all the tabloid coverage of the real events and don't like the cast.
I think that's it. I too was around for the media coverage and it just doesn't seem to work.

I also think this new Diana doesn't have the same appeal. They also aren't doing her blue liner including on the lower lash line which makes this actress not very Diana like.

This thread moves so fast, much faster than the mall traffic :smile:
Just sharing my thoughts:

RE: Cory’s mom: she said nice things to avoid the lawsuit. Her praises did seem a bit too much [which to me was the big clue she didn’t really mean it]. :sunnies:

RE: Spare: free? Nope. Not going to fall for that tactic. I really hope this book is an epic fail, like all their other half-a$$ nonsense. :lecture:

RE: QE’s treatment - imo he did not respect her when she was well, so he simply continued his $hitty behavior. Think about his behavior through the years [nude in Vegas, nazi shirt, drug issues, stumbling out of bars, etc.]. None of that stuff is kind to his family, none of that is ‘royal’ behavior. He was and still is an embarrassment - no matter how much money they give him. Andi, at least, has been quiet. :whistle:

RE: The Crown - agree with @Jayne1 - I gave up several seasons ago. The historical seasons were informative, the modern day seasons twist the truth too much. My interest fell off with the modern day seasons. :sleepy:

Black Friday Christmas GIF by Target

Happy shopping :heart: