Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I wonder if the cost of the gown was lumped in with the cost of the cathedral length veil - too long for the Windsor Chapel.
The veil was very expensive - 500 hours of skilled work.
Just read that QEII had the flowers of the commonwealth on her coronation dress, another idea used by MM but she added a California poppy to the veil

Right! And remember when afterward Claw "didn't know about the Commonwealth"? She's such a piece of work.

No, and that’s hilarious. They are not in the industry nor are they respected. I figured they would be invited to one or two big events early on when they were a novelty. They weren’t invited and the novelty has long worn off.
Down the road, I fully expect Zed to blame the pandemic for their rocket ship to fame puttering to a stop. And IMO she might have a point. If the world had not ground to a halt and major events cancelled, the Harkles could have ramped up their scam and kept it going to become famous for being famous (as opposed to their current infamy).
I wonder which organisations were foolish enough to accept these two bozos as volunteers.

I’m guessing Ghoul will arrange for a publicity blast showing her serving the poors, so whatever organization wants the free publicity and will piggyback on that.
You know she's only doing it for the photo op. Serve a few meals, smile for the cameras, then go home. Gotta burnish those humanitarian credentials. Disgusting.

I’m guessing Ghoul will arrange for a publicity blast showing her serving the poors, so whatever organization wants the free publicity and will piggyback on that.
Except that free publicity might backfire on those organizations because I automatically view with suspicion any organization that deals with them these days. The Harkles reputation is that toxic. The light that has been shone on several of the organizations that have sold them awards, invited them as guest speakers, etc. has revealed that at least some of these organizations appear to exist primarily to enrich their founders and / or top executives. I wouldn‘t donate to any organization that has had any dealings with the Harkles. There may be some legitimate charities who for whatever reason have dealings with them but I just won’t donate to anything that might benefit them in any way. If organizations can point to a jump in donations after a publicized appearance by the 2 grifters, that might encourage other organizations to invite them to some of their events. Do the Harkles get paid for these appearances? Since they’ve been caught lying so many times in the past, I would be wary of any organizations they endorse and suspect they are somehow deriving some personal benefit from their association with said organizations.

Please FTLOG DO NOT advocate for them to come to Canada :crybaby:

On behalf of Australia (and heck I’ll throw in New Zealand too), we politely decline to participate in this competition… and will wait to see who wins the football match.

PS Australia sucks at soccer (football) anyway - so it’s not a fair competition for us to participate in…

psych GIF

Seeing Kate shine like this, I can't help but wonder. Ghoul waltzed in and seriously thought she could dethrone her. Just...how? You don't have to marry into the BRF to understand that this is not how things work. Besides the fact everyone who's met Kate sings her praises, there has never been as much as a whisper she treats staff sh*tty, she dresses to perfection and senior royals (e.g. The Queen, Charles) seem to adore her, so on top of her position she is generally well liked and popular.

Seeing Kate shine like this, I can't help but wonder. Ghoul waltzed in and seriously thought she could dethrone her. Just...how? You don't have to marry into the BRF to understand that this is not how things work. Besides the fact everyone who's met Kate sings her praises, there has never been as much as a whisper she treats staff sh*tty, she dresses to perfection and senior royals (e.g. The Queen, Charles) seem to adore her, so on top of her position she is generally well liked and popular.
IMO, ZedZed was after the top position and in her arrogance she thought the late QEII would let her manage and transform the TRF into a moneygrubbing (quoting her own words, "I can't believe I'm not getting paid for this!") theatrical farce, because she believed she was more popular, clever, knowledgeable, etc. while in fact she understood very little about the royal family, its hierarchy and sense of duty.

IMO, ZedZed was after the top position and in her arrogance she thought the late QEII would let her manage and transform the TRF into a moneygrubbing (quoting her own words, "I can't believe I'm not getting paid for this!") theatrical farce, because she believed she was more popular, clever, knowledgeable, etc. while in fact she understood very little about the royal family, its hierarchy and sense of duty.

Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle. Surely she thought she could achieve anything after bagging one of the world's most eligible bachelors, because really, what were the chances?

But then she found out the hard way that the BRF wasn't all that interested in letting her reign supreme.

On behalf of Australia (and heck I’ll throw in New Zealand too), we politely decline to participate in this competition… and will wait to see who wins the football match.

PS Australia sucks at soccer (football) anyway - so it’s not a fair competition for us to participate in…

psych GIF
We could start a GoFundMe to sponsor the Harkles' trip to Qatar, so they can wait there for their asylum proceedings.

They may even prefer to stay in Qatar instead of joining whoever loses the World Cup. According to Forbes, there is 1 billionaire in Qatar and I trust TW's skills to find him fast.

Here is an article authored by Nelson Mandela's grandson, Ndileka Mandela. Kerry K might benefit from reading it. It certainly doesn't support the Harkles' merit for her award, but she may not care… :girlsigh:

I know from personal recollection with my grandfather that he saw in the Queen a true friend. Someone who understood him and how he understood the world. Someone who was, for Britain, exactly what Britain needed during times of change: compassionate conscience.

The Queen refused to visit South Africa during apartheid, with some even believing the tension between her and Margaret Thatcher was partly due to Thatcher’s blatant inaction. What the Queen did after apartheid underscored where she stood all along (and might explain why she and my grandfather were on a first-name basis, an uncommon status with a British monarch). Her Majesty declared her support for South Africa’s first Black president quickly, making her one of the first world leaders to do so. She also smoothed the way for South Africa to rejoin the Commonwealth, overturning yet another consequence of apartheid.