Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

An interesting article from Toronto Sun, but it has a few gaps imo.

From afar, the May 2018 wedding was like the others: grand and filled with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with an event of that magnitude.

Knowing what we now know of Meghan, she clearly had her fingers in every pie

Not questioning that. :tup:

All of it was intentional, according to two royal commentators, who believe her choices were designed to show the world she would not forget her history as she became a part of the Royal Family.

However, she completely forgot her family, including her father. :no:

“I think there’s every sign that the marriage of Harry and Meghan marked the beginnings of something different, or at least that Meghan wanted to curate things in her own way,” said royal historian Anna Whitelock in the documentary, Fergie and Meghan: Inconvenient Royals, according to the Daily Star.

We got that. :yes:

“For Meghan, being a woman of colour, having a gospel choir that were mostly black, and having a black minister as well… while that might not seem political — and perhaps it shouldn’t be seen as political — it absolutely was a political choice and I think she was trying to send a very clear message.”
Adebayo added: “She wasn’t going to be leaving behind who she was.”

that is better to give her whatever she wants, or… :rolleyes:

What no one knew was that she was going to leave the U.K. behind – and take Harry with her.
The question now is, will they ever return? More importantly, and based on their plummeting popularity, do Britons even want them back?

My bet is on the NO :tdown:

But it was CHARLES who selected the choir, not MM.

From afar, the May 2018 wedding was like the others: grand and filled with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with an event of that magnitude.

All of it was intentional, according to two royal commentators, who believe her choices were designed to show the world she would not forget her history as she became a part of the Royal Family.

“I think there’s every sign that the marriage of Harry and Meghan marked the beginnings of something different, or at least that Meghan wanted to curate things in her own way,” said royal historian Anna Whitelock in the documentary, Fergie and Meghan: Inconvenient Royals, according to the Daily Star.

“For Meghan, being a woman of colour, having a gospel choir that were mostly black, and having a black minister as well… while that might not seem political — and perhaps it shouldn’t be seen as political — it absolutely was a political choice and I think she was trying to send a very clear message.”

What no one knew was that she was going to leave the U.K. behind – and take Harry with her.
The question now is, will they ever return? More importantly, and based on their plummeting popularity, do Britons even want them back?

Chanbal, yes one gap in particular, there are multiple citations and quotes from Choir sources, Prince Charles arranged for the Gospel Choir at the wedding, not the bride and groom.

sorry for the double post, needlv already had it covered!

What six's wife wants… :yes:

Ms Montague claims that when Prince Philip demanded that Fergie was not to receive an invite to the big day: "Harry intervened and said, 'this is what I want.'
"'This is what my bride wants as well. She has bonded with Fergie and she wants her there.''

So Meghan "bonded" with Fergie to the point of insisting that she be invited to her but wanted nothing to do with HER OWN family other than Doria. Oh. Yet, it was the BRF paying for the 50 million dollar wedding. Another sign that Miseryghan was going against the royal grain on purpose just to spite them for the hell of it. Anyone surprised? How close to Fergie is she NOW? Why hasn't Fergie visited them? I mean, they BONDED and everything :hrmm: .

I think one of MM's fashion issues was not understanding the difference between a red carpet & BRF events.
Dare to bare
To me, MM always seemed to be dressing for a red carpet, not the BRF.
Considering her desire to modernize the BRF, she probably assumed she could lead by example :rolleyes: and make them celebrities. All those wardrobe malfunctions count towards her Dare to Bare.

The flip side, of course, is the Suckesses don't really care about anyone but themselves, and by not having their request granted will trot out the racism charges claiming the whole wide world is against 1/2 of Methane, so maybe it is true they asked. If they did, hoping hoping hoping CeeJay you are right and the Queen says a resounding "NO!"
I'm against her top half - the scheming brain, slut strands, mutable face. Hazard can praise the bottom half.

She has history? I thought she rewrote her life.

Hear, hear! Methane gave that choir a hard time as Bridezilla.

Chanbal, yes one gap in particular, there are multiple citations and quotes from Choir sources, Prince Charles arranged for the Gospel Choir at the wedding, not the bride and groom.

sorry for the double post, needlv already had it covered!
You are both right, I recall to have read that. It's also possible that he went along with her requests… We will never know, but the idea that she was always very demanding is very clear.

So Meghan "bonded" with Fergie to the point of insisting that she be invited to her but wanted nothing to do with HER OWN family other than Doria. Oh. Yet, it was the BRF paying for the 50 million dollar wedding. Another sign that Miseryghan was going against the royal grain on purpose just to spite them for the hell of it. Anyone surprised? How close to Fergie is she NOW? Why hasn't Fergie visited them? I mean, they BONDED and everything :hrmm: .

Oprah, Oprah, Oprah. This woman is a major player in this entire drama. O hooked Sarah years ago, tried to hook Diana but was rejected. O realized this new opportunity with H&M, possibly with Mrs.&Mr. O’s assists. Looking back, all the connections fit. The Yorks befriended Hazzie while O befriended MM and Doria. Is it possible that Thomas’s 3 emmys got in O’s way? I am just certain there is a connection there. None of this stuff is random. In time, it will all become clear.

Oprah, Oprah, Oprah. This woman is a major player in this entire drama. O hooked Sarah years ago, tried to hook Diana but was rejected. O realized this new opportunity with H&M, possibly with Mrs.&Mr. O’s assists. Looking back, all the connections fit. The Yorks befriended Hazzie while O befriended MM and Doria. Is it possible that Thomas’s 3 emmys got in O’s way? I am just certain there is a connection there. None of this stuff is random. In time, it will all become clear.

Yep, OW seems to be a major player in all this. Hopefully Tom Bower's book will shed some light on the subject.

The post below agrees with the opinion of may of us here.
1631670612145.png

From The Times of London

MELANIE PHILLIPS

The Queen deserves better from her family

A failing sense of duty among the princes is threatening the future of the entire monarchy

Tuesday September 14 2021, 12.01am BST, The Times

Pity the Queen. Recently bereaved, she is now having to face no fewer than three simultaneous crises involving members of her close family, all of which are damaging the institution to which she has devoted her life.

Her grandson Prince Harry has become an uncontrollable malcontent, seemingly determined to inflict pain upon his family and harm upon the monarchy. He and his wife have turned themselves into a titled insurgency: media guerrillas regularly exploding grievance bombs under the royal firm.

:flowers: Thanks @rose60610 for the nickname Miseryghan. Yes, M is at least 1/2 part misery; misery that she inflicts on others. Welcome to The List. :ghi5:
rose60610.jpg

:flowers: Thanks @rose60610 for the nickname Miseryghan. Yes, M is at least 1/2 part misery; misery that she inflicts on others. Welcome to The List. :ghi5:
View attachment 5194302

I'm honored, @Maggie Muggins, thank you! There's a lot of misery in Hazzameghanistan, a suburb of Chunga Changa. I'll be sure to send a special lemon olive oil cake and a wreath complete with ten pages of word salad symbolic explanations to make the inhabitants feel better. Surely this over generous gift will lift their spirits and inspire them to do great things like donate to Archewell.