Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Channel 7 here in Australia are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nobodies. First Katie Hopkins (who was deported swiftly for flouting our quarantine laws) now this loser who''s been previously charged with holding a gun to a woman's head during an argument, domestic violence and alcohol issues.

I predict the ratings to be as high as this guy's score on the celeb-ometer.
Could Channel 7 be aiming for controversy and scandal to boost ratings?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!! I grew up in Connecticut, then worked/lived in Washington DC and then worked/lived in Boston; different accents and different words for the same thing. I've been out in California now since 2013, and I can't even say how many times people will say that "I have an accent" .. huh?!!? I do know that I use terms/slang that they don't know because folks in New England .. well, we may use some of the same words as the Brits which they simply don't know out here.

Yeah, but are we really going to maintain that it was all a huge misunderstanding because poor Raptor had to learn British? I've lived abroad and dated someone from a culture very different to mine, and it took me very little time to adjust. All it takes is a little effort and goodwill.

Channel 7 here in Australia are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nobodies. First Katie Hopkins (who was deported swiftly for flouting our quarantine laws) now this loser who''s been previously charged with holding a gun to a woman's head during an argument, domestic violence and alcohol issues.

I predict the ratings to be as high as this guy's score on the celeb-ometer.

not only channel 7 but Tom Arnold was paid a lot of money to sit on “I’m a celebrity get me out of here.” And he is just as big of an @ss.

just tv channels trying desperately for bombshells or scandal. Nothing new.

Yeah, but are we really going to maintain that it was all a huge misunderstanding because poor Raptor had to learn British? I've lived abroad and dated someone from a culture very different to mine, and it took me very little time to adjust. All it takes is a little effort and goodwill.
Effort and goodwill are anathema to her.

Always remember the country of the speaker matters. This could be exactly what MM had to deal with while in the UK. The listeners heard her comments in their own language rather than remembering she is not from that country. She meant one thing, they heard another. imo

And it is polite to learn and adopt the rules traditions and customs of where you visit as an outsider not impose your own wherever you go because you perceive them to be right or superior or because you neglect to research if there are any differences

My thoughts on the new book:
my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think."

It seems to me that he’s desperate to show that he’s “just like us”. Which is exactly what the RF has NOT been about as far as I know. It is so strange to me that he/they could’ve just left the RF because that life wasn’t for them….ok….but it’s so obvious they are hellbent on destroying the monarchy. So so strange. I wonder if they are being used by other, more powerful political forces. Who stands to gain the most if the monarchy were to cease?

He is even less like us than ever the BRF do not vulgarly flaunt their wealth and privilege except on ceremonial occasions

The more I think about it ... the book by 6 will be a sticky wicket during Jubilee Year but BRF will survive a book.

Fall 2022 publication - for Xmas sales - but will be excerpted in People long before that and there will be leaks. I think the timing will be a HUGE issue - does Granny deserve this NOW ? Impact on much needed 1 billion pound travel business. Rather like wedding planning headaches - too much to go wrong and everyone wants it to be perfect - but you get over it, the BRF has done it before

The real issue for the family is A - Ghislaine goes to trial this fall and that is about criminal activities not just being dunderheads. Spain seems to have survived Juan Carlos and Inaki's criminal activities, but the king did it by cutting out his father and step-brother ENTIRELY. Whereas, QEII did manage to eke out a few ceremonies with the Duke of Windsor, and gave him a posting - Governor of Bahamas. QEII plays the long game, hoping they will come back to fold quietly - Sarah was included in the B&E weddings

I've no further comments! :hysteric:
1626960153925.png

Professor Jonathan Shalit, founder of InterTalent Rights Group, said a book about the former actress’ life could be “fascinating”.

He told Newsweek: "I think the world's very interested in their story so I think there could be a Meghan memoir, but I suspect much of Harry's story will include Meghan's story, they've become intertwined.

"Meghan's got a great story to tell.

“She's obviously a very successful actress in terms of Suits and loved by many people around the world.

“She's obviously a very successful actress in terms of Suits and loved by many people around the world.
tenor.gif

I've no further comments! :hysteric:
View attachment 5143846

Professor Jonathan Shalit, founder of InterTalent Rights Group, said a book about the former actress’ life could be “fascinating”.

He told Newsweek: "I think the world's very interested in their story so I think there could be a Meghan memoir, but I suspect much of Harry's story will include Meghan's story, they've become intertwined.

"Meghan's got a great story to tell.

what crap
Michelle O and her husband advising them? Clever to imply this without saying it is actually happening.
very successful actress - I guess compared to starving actors who are waiting tables but not compared to A-list actors
story to tell? will she tell why she has ghosted everyone in her family? (plus lots of other people)