Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

If I was independently wealthy I'd be a lady who lunches and rescues all the kittens LOL
They liked the job. It was creative and earned them lots of recognition. But it was very fast-paced and so, many of the people gave it their all and burnt out. Those who could afford it would quit and chill, or take a couple of years' sabbatical to recharge. They were good at what they did, so they were welcomed back. Those who could not afford to stop working usually asked for a transfer to a slower-paced team.

Two things I recall hearing about the garden party and why they were asked to leave:
1) M did that cutesy stick out her tongue thing to Camilla, which Charles found intolerably disrespectful.
2) M was overheard trying to make some sort of business/merch type deals with other party attendants, which is strictly against protocol and is also bad manners, and so they were asked to leave.

perhaps #2 happened, and H&M were being reprimanded in the video clip, and then M passive aggressively did a tongue stick out on the lawn afterwards, thinking she would get away with it, when Charles had them removed from the premises.
One of the rumours at that time was that she started collecting gifts on PC's behalf as if she were the lady of the house. So PC was offended. I am doubtful about that since she didn't stay that long and there is no footage of her accepting anything from the other guests. Behaving obnoxiously as if she were the star of the party, that I can believe, since she is hungry for attention.

@gracekelly I remember the vulgar hip wiggling. Especially as she departed.

Gag, now we begin the months of hearing the rehashing of the birth. Sounds like they used a fancy little boutique hospital for the very rich.

Inside Meghan Markle's Ultra-Private Birth Plan: 'They Could Enjoy the Birth in Peace,' Says Source

On June 4, Meghan Markle welcomed her baby girl, Lilibet Diana, at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, a short drive from Meghan and Prince Harry's Montecito, California, home.

"They looked at several hospitals before they settled on the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital," a source tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "Meghan loves that it's female-founded."

Meghan's care was overseen by Dr. Melissa Drake, with remote support from Dr. Gowri Motha in the U.K., who helped oversee the care during the birth of Archie at London's Portland Hospital.

The facility's state-of-the-art childbirth center offers a family-centered, individualized approach to birth. (In addition to a menu to order room service and a comfy sofa for Harry!)

"Security and privacy were also priorities," the source adds. "They had a big security team that the hospital needed to accommodate."

In March, the couple spoke to Oprah Winfrey about the stress of introducing their son Archie to the world just days after his 2019 birth in the U.K.; this time Meghan was able to quietly deliver the baby two days before sharing the news, with no pressure for a public press conference.

"Meghan and Harry are both very thankful for how smoothly things went," the source adds. "They could enjoy the birth in peace."

In keeping with the 20-week paid parental leave policy of their Archewell Foundation, both Meghan and Harry plan to take several months off to spend time with their daughter, Lili.

Still, their ongoing projects remain in high gear, including an upcoming docuseries for Netflix on Harry's Invictus Games and the release of Meghan's first children's book, The Bench, which was inspired by a Father's Day poem she wrote for Harry after they welcomed Archie ("the man and the boy who make my heart go pump-pump," as she writes in the book's dedication).

But as they embrace their new status as a family of four, they plan to concentrate on life at home for a while.

"Meghan and Harry are taking time off to focus on their family," the source adds. "They want to have a long summer break together as a family."

Reactions: Kansashalo
I remember that too. I can certainly believe she was bored but I'd be surprised if she'd allow anyone to overhear her saying it. That's the kind of thing where she would desperately clutch Harry's arm and urgently whisper it into his ear. :biggrin:

I don't think Charles would be so annoyed if it was only that they put in a brief appearance and left. And Harry wouldn't have any reason to be annoyed about it.
Lady C talked about this in one of her Chats. I think the sequence was one of her acquaintances had overheard it, shared the story at a luncheon to a scandalized audience who thought it was very poor form and did not take kindly to the attitude. And, this was early on before the toxic Methane really asserted herself and the rest, as we are living, is history.

No, she had already had her nose done, but it definitely appears "thinner" now .. so, she likely had another nose job after this one. I'm intrigued by her hair color here; a much lighter brown (with - blonde? highlights). Hmmmm .. was she trying NOT to look like a WOC here?
are those big bags under her eyes ? Or is it just a makeup fail ?

What is interesting for me to see: :smile:
THIRTEEN members agree! :smile:
The little girl will grow up in the US where her first name will be constantly misspelled and mispronounced
OK .. she will ditch the first name and be called Lili, also misspelled …

I am assuming Lili is pronounced Lily not Lil - uh as in the first two syllables of the first name, am I wrong ?

maybe Lili is pronounced French style as in LeeLee Rose Depp

The first kid is all Harry. Can't imagine they wouldn't use Harry's sperm for the 2nd.
I think the first kid looks like mom , especially the eyes, he has her strabismus and curls, but then all babies have wayward hair mit curls
I am on the fence about his exact hair color since he is always seen in B&W - high is fine , it might be ginger like dad’s but I don’t know for certain

AND
what planet have I been on ??? a just saw photo of Meghan as child with her mother’s family - see murky Meg Twitter feed , no source given for photo of ID of the people
I did not know there was family on Doria’s side

Last edited:
Gag, now we begin the months of hearing the rehashing of the birth. Sounds like they used a fancy little boutique hospital for the very rich.

Inside Meghan Markle's Ultra-Private Birth Plan: 'They Could Enjoy the Birth in Peace,' Says Source

On June 4, Meghan Markle welcomed her baby girl, Lilibet Diana, at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, a short drive from Meghan and Prince Harry's Montecito, California, home.

"They looked at several hospitals before they settled on the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital," a source tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "Meghan loves that it's female-founded."

Meghan's care was overseen by Dr. Melissa Drake, with remote support from Dr. Gowri Motha in the U.K., who helped oversee the care during the birth of Archie at London's Portland Hospital.

The facility's state-of-the-art childbirth center offers a family-centered, individualized approach to birth. (In addition to a menu to order room service and a comfy sofa for Harry!)

"Security and privacy were also priorities," the source adds. "They had a big security team that the hospital needed to accommodate."

In March, the couple spoke to Oprah Winfrey about the stress of introducing their son Archie to the world just days after his 2019 birth in the U.K.; this time Meghan was able to quietly deliver the baby two days before sharing the news, with no pressure for a public press conference.

"Meghan and Harry are both very thankful for how smoothly things went," the source adds. "They could enjoy the birth in peace."

In keeping with the 20-week paid parental leave policy of their Archewell Foundation, both Meghan and Harry plan to take several months off to spend time with their daughter, Lili.

Still, their ongoing projects remain in high gear, including an upcoming docuseries for Netflix on Harry's Invictus Games and the release of Meghan's first children's book, The Bench, which was inspired by a Father's Day poem she wrote for Harry after they welcomed Archie ("the man and the boy who make my heart go pump-pump," as she writes in the book's dedication).

But as they embrace their new status as a family of four, they plan to concentrate on life at home for a while.

"Meghan and Harry are taking time off to focus on their family," the source adds. "They want to have a long summer break together as a family."

[/QUOTE

Well, this serenity lasted less than a week, or maybe they are in communication with lawyers so frequently they've become "family."

Reactions: bag-mania

This doesn’t sound true to me. In the US if for example if you decide to use Dr A, Dr A can only deliver you at the hospital where s/he has “hospital privileges” , not necessarily the hospital you’ve picked. I’ve never heard of anyone looking at hospital delivery places. You might shop around for the obstetrician but not the hospital. (Unless you did shop around for a hospital, then you’d have to choose from whatever obstetricians have privileges there)