Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

This was a clear example of cancel culture - evidence or other sides of the story are no longer needed to judge. Nothing Jessica would’ve said publicly at the time would’ve been a good look for her. Everyone on IG was stomping their feet demanding influencers and companies to support BLM... or ELSE. I wonder how some of the influencers I follow feel now, having been pressured to donate thousands and post receipts, knowing it very well may have helped fund a couple mansions for one of the leaders.
Sad...

After sleeping on it, I'm also wondering why this wasn't brought up earlier. It's very touching that the reporter is following up with the story a year later, but didn't Mulroney have any other friends besides H's wife? So many articles describe her and her husband as a power couple. Doesn't she have connections, familial or otherwise, who can advise her? No one spoke up on her behalf at all? Everyone ditched her? If she had this evidence, why didn't she seek legal counsel? Sorry for being cynical, but it's hard to believe that in the entire Canadian press corps, no one asked her for her side of the story. Maybe the truth is somewhere in-between.
Her personal friends didn't ditch her... she immediately lost all her gigs, her jobs, her promotions, everything. Cancel culture at its finest. The first hint of scandal and the big corporations go running.

The article mentioned some of her 'friends' who all work here in Toronto in television for CTV and CityLine and they scattered.

I was reminded of Jessica when Sharon Osbourne got cancelled too. People are afraid to stick around and lose their TV gigs. But those are the people in the media. No one wants to speak up and everyone's afraid.

Without knowing much about the Mulroneys, Jessica seems like someone who has a lot to lose and an easy target for cancel culture. Beautiful, white, wealthy, prominent (and happy) family and gorgeous children... I’m not surprised someone succeeded in taking her down. If it wasn’t Sasha, it could’ve been someone else.

This thread was moving at the speed of light last night (my night :lol: )!

@lalame Congrats! :hugs: Appreciate your POVs and courteous discourse!

@Maggie Muggins All hail the bureau chief!

And regarding the swaying bump: my mind tied itself into knots. I had two pregnancies and my bumps were tight and rounded - say Hi to my stretch marks :lol: The only time they moved was when the baby stretched and then it looked like those scenes in alien movies. I wasn't a exercise nut but I had a fairly active job then. H's wife is supposed to be a yoga practitioner and very limber. I thought, maybe all that yoga made her so flexible that her bump slides around because there is nothing to hold it to her lithe body. Then I decided I was being silly and I'm off to get myself some caffeine....

This thread was moving at the speed of light last night (my night :lol: )!

@lalame Congrats! :hugs: Appreciate your POVs and courteous discourse!

@Maggie Muggins All hail the bureau chief!

And regarding the swaying bump: my mind tied itself into knots. I had two pregnancies and my bumps were tight and rounded - say Hi to my stretch marks :lol: The only time they moved was when the baby stretched and then it looked like those scenes in alien movies. I wasn't a exercise nut but I had a fairly active job then. H's wife is supposed to be a yoga practitioner and very limber. I thought, maybe all that yoga made her so flexible that her bump slides around because there is nothing to hold it to her lithe body. Then I decided I was being silly and I'm off to get myself some caffeine....
Could it also be an optical illusion because of the pattern of the dress?

The RF can’t object to MM using her title as Duchess of York also used her title on her children’s books. So RF can’t say anything.

so far their efforts in rising funds:

1. Harry’s position as CHIMPO
2. Harry turning up at a think tank (Aspen institute)
3. Harry Netflix Invictus doco
4. Harry as exec producer of Oprah Winfrey interview

5. MM writing children’s book
6 . MM pap walk with Archie, merching.
7. Oat lattes

Did I miss anything? There isn’t anything too offensive in that list (other than the Oprah interview). With the Netflix documentary - I would hope invictus does get some $$ out of it.

Piers is also confused! :girlsigh:
View attachment 5074807
I love that Piers puts in writing what we're thinking.:tup:
Yes, Piers laughs off M's book. LOL, according to him here's his shortlist of would-be comparable books.

1. D***** T****'s Guide to Diplomacy?
2. The Art of Protecting One's Privacy by the Kardashian Sisters?
3. Why Marriage is for Keeps by Bill and Melinda Gates?"

The RF can’t object to MM using her title as Duchess of York also used her title on her children’s books. So RF can’t say anything.

7. Oat lattes

Did I miss anything? There isn’t anything too offensive in that list (other than the Oprah interview). With the Netflix documentary - I would hope invictus does get some $$ out of it.

You left out the multimillion dollar contracts they signed with Spotify and Netflix last year, which may have involved large cash advances that neither company has seen a return on so far. (I know you mentioned the Invictus show but we all know that isn’t the kind of program Netflix wants out of them.)

7. Oat lattes

Big difference. Sarah may be silly or whatever you wish to call her, but she would never have deserted nor publicly dissed the RF. She always spoke highly of HMTQ and even stated on more than one occasion that HM is the most forgiving person she knew.

Could it also be an optical illusion because of the pattern of the dress?
I also considered that, as well as the possibility that the gif was manipulated.
But in the larger scheme of things, I don't have time to watch videos of her to see if the same sway happens in non-patterned outfits like that purple tent which is oft quoted as visual proof of the bump sliding to her knees.

With her penchant for creating news of herself and that quote ascribed to her by Number One Fan of refusing to serve up her firstborn on a silver platter, I would not be surprised if she really was pregnant, but deliberately used bumps and other props (like those coats!) to create "Is she/isn't she" mystery as well as misdirect people as to when the babe is/will be born. It's the perfect opportunity to milk attention for at least half a year.