Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

The irony in keeping the titles Duke and Duchess of Sussex after relinquishing their duties. This is the definition of exploiting your title for $$$.

Personally I find it disgusting. If I am living in Sussex I think I will be even more revolted at the blatant exploitation of the “royal title”. Why can’t she just stick to MM since she is no longer a working royal.

She is really thick skinned isn’t she.

Looking out at My Love, and our beautiful boy. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, and I also am very disappointed in Penguin, which I thought to be a serious publisher.

OW gets what OW wants. I expect we will see more product promos, too. Fergie had to do it.

A look back for those too young to remember:

and

In sports, when you are “benched” you aren’t playing. It’s not a good thing. Then again there are the urban dictionary definitions.......
I had to look it up ... :wtf:

I work in media. About 10 years ago, our corporate comms team designed the Christmas card to wish everyone lots of turkeys. Truly a face-palm moment.

The hypocrisy is astounding. Thrashes the BRF with her pity interview with her "journalist" friend/enabler Oprah, and mouthpiece Royal Reporter Scooby- who thrashes the BRF too every chance he could get, So called Royal Reporter but is so bias and pro Sussex. Wants to be linked not rank, promotes compassion but both estranged from their families and is accused of bullying from her employees, looks like want to contribute for the demise of the Royal family, walked away from Royal duries but kept the title. Why can't she just go by her own name? Do whatever you want to do, merching, rubbing elbows with Hollywood woke elites, making shows, be a lifetsyle blogger, do that but leave the monarchy alone, stop drip dropping PR when members of BRF has birthdays, events and announcements to make, and drop the titles and go at it with your own name and credentials- the moment they do it the less they will see criticism against them.

Can someone please explain to me WTF "activate compassion" means...
Also, feminists don't cling to titles only earned by marriage, and activists don't focus on self promotion.

She has evolved! No more fake self-promotion as philanthropist or humanitarian.
Two dogs - what happened to the two dogs she left behind when she got married?

I made it through the Mulroney article, and I have to say: if that is indeed the gist of the conversation, Sasha Exeter - whose side I initially took - was way out of line. Being black isn't your wild card for being an a*shole.

I just read the whole thing too. The transcripts of their DM and text message exchange is really troubling. Sasha Exeter is the one that comes across as the bully and apparently the whole thing started when JM missed an initial video posted by SE who asked for anti-racism messages to be posted and SE thought JM had responded with a MLK quote that SE considered inadequate. Turns out though that JM never saw the video and had posted the MLK quote independently. The back and forth then started. Makes for interesting reading and I actually feel for JM.