Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I think the REAL recipe for making Meg's "signature cocktail" is the following:

1. Equal parts piss and vinegar
2. 2 cups of the juice of extra sour lemons
3. A shot of bitter per serving

Voila! :drinks:

I think there's plenty of artificial sweeteners in that recipe, I can smell the saccharine in the presentation of tonight's airing of dirty laundry

thank you for that. I guess you could call Amanda Gorman privileged now but did she grown up with all the advantages Meghan had? also, she is black so I would think her experience is different from Meghan's. It's terrible what that security guard did to her. If he was so suspicious (for no good reason) he could have simply watched her use her key to enter and not harrassed her.

I think the issue is these incidents happen to people of color all the time...sometimes they end up violently and in the news so we hear about them, but more often they occur every day in many different ways that are more quiet but no less painful. I have been with friends who were treated differently in stores, who could not hail taxis (I'm aging myself here this was before uber and lyft!), who had every advantage, or in some cases more, than I did but were treated differently because of the color of their skin. You're right it IS terrible ... and yet it keeps happening, way too often.

ETA...I realize this is not the thread to discuss racism but I do think its important to consider those experiences and perspectives to understand why some people believe there may be racism, even unconscious bias, in this situation. Especially if they aren't following all the stories shared here.

thank you for that. I guess you could call Amanda Gorman privileged now but did she grown up with all the advantages Meghan had? also, she is black so I would think her experience is different from Meghan's. It's terrible what that security guard did to her. If he was so suspicious (for no good reason) he could have simply watched her use her key to enter and not harrassed her.

Privilege doesn't really prevent racism. The only difference between a POC who's privileged and not in the eyes of a racist is what... a blazer instead of a hoodie? One obvious issue I saw (and I didn't see much being over here) is there were publications jumping way too fast to the conclusion that she must've had some rough and tumble upbringing because what... must've been her race. Believe me no one has ever made the assumption I grew up in the ghetto and I certainly came closer than M!

I don't believe anyone is asking for that.

I disagree, celebrity supporters and people like Hally Berry posting blanket statements like “It’s still Protect Black Women.” when you’re looking at this context at hand - alleged bullying from an employer to employee, person in power to hired help ... it screams that we should arbitrarily take Meghan’s side and dismiss any other claims... simply because she’s black. That’s what’s wrong with the mindset today.

Italian newspaper is reporting that Harry was urged to go back to London immediately
I hope JCMH goes to London to visit PP and that they lock him in the tower until he renounces his titles and style and removes himself and all posterity from the line of succession. If his bitch of a wife wants to emulate Wallis Simpson, let there be consequences.:biggrin: