Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

What to make of this salad ?

It IS in The Times but comes only from a source close to JcMH, not a joint press release from the bros ...

I thought you would be interested in this story - Harry and William ‘stand united’ on Martin Bashir’s Diana interview

So, it’s a ‘wedgie’, is it? I agree — failing to support William is ‘utterly horrid and offensive“. Gotta laugh at this writing.

The Duke of Sussex has denounced attempts to “drive a wedge” between him and his brother over the controversy surrounding a BBC interview with their mother.

A source close to Prince Harry described the suggestion that he was failing to support the Duke of Cambridge in protecting their mother’s legacy as “utterly horrid and offensive”.

Unless they broke down the walls, the bedrooms are small. This was servants quarters and not a luxury home.
I thought I saw on this thread that it was completely redone....guess that could have been cosmetic but I would think they would tear down walls to make larger rooms too

guess then it would no longer be nine bedrooms....but even if it was four or five, that's enough for a family....never mind they are not "normal" people

Last edited:
So, it’s a ‘wedgie’, is it? I agree — failing to support William is ‘utterly horrid and offensive“. Gotta laugh at this writing.

The Duke of Sussex has denounced attempts to “drive a wedge” between him and his brother over the controversy surrounding a BBC interview with their mother.

A source close to Prince Harry described the suggestion that he was failing to support the Duke of Cambridge in protecting their mother’s legacy as “utterly horrid and offensive”.
It is non-support support for William , nothing official but just in case this is a bandwagon one should be on... H is there

I thought I saw on this thread that it was completely redone....guess that could have been cosmetic but I would think they would tear down walls to make larger rooms too
Well all you have to do is read a London flat ad in one of the magazines, eg 5 bedrooms in 2200 Sq ft, to realize bedrooms are smaller across the pond
But yeah, it sounded like they wanted to knock out all the walls at FC

I remember an article when Madonna groaned at the lack of speed in the UK for construction, she could not get her place redone fast enough , at any cost

I wonder, how much of the JCMH Reno was really accomplished ?

FC was theirs only a year, they were living there, and it is Grade II historical - do not pass go, do not renovate without all sorts of permissions, drawings , sloowww

My bet is that the demolition may have been done but the place may not really be entirely habitable , kind of embarrassing limbo condition until someone pays for it and the 18000 pounds a month won’t go far

Last edited:
According to the rumor bill, they met at Soho House in Toronto. It makes sense and explains the overlapping time of her seeing Cory and Harry at the same time.

Did Harry ask Thomas for permission to marry MM? The articles say he did not. I know I know, some say it is too old school. But. There are good reasons why this is done. Fathers often see things the daughters don’t. Surely Harry was not raised to think he is above basic etiquette, was he?

Did Harry ask Thomas for permission to marry MM? The articles say he did not. I know I know, some say it is too old school. But. There are good reasons why this is done. Fathers often see things the daughters don’t. Surely Harry was not raised to think he is above basic etiquette, was he?
it would have been a nice gesture but H was marrying a twice divorced almost-forty-year-old, not a young bride like diana.....

Ok, I went and snooped on Google earth for FC photos, has it been renovated ? The original photos show a bunch of weeds, so, it should be easy to tell if outside work was done eg add paved car park ... theoretically ...

Well, there are a lot of confusing Frogmore buildings, cottage , house and more, and goggle had trouble IDing the cottage, but I saw no obvious signs of landscaping and car park areas outside, yoga conservatory, veg garden, a new pool or tennis court , failed to find any of that

If you go look for yourself, beware FC photos are confused with Frogmore House photos everywhere

Reactions: Starflower2305
True, she is divorcee. Perhaps ‘permission’ carries the incorrect connotation. Really, it is asking for a blessing from his future in-laws. Why should this marriage be different from others? I agree with Thomas on this issue.

Did Charles ask the Earl Spencer?

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-ideas/asking-for-hand-in-marriage
The word 'permission' is too strong. :amuse: I think H should have made an effort to meet his future in-laws, but MM may have discourage that.

I wonder if MM is regretting her greedy and ridiculous behavior. She could have had a great life working for the Firm, living in the Kensington Palace, spending holidays at Frogmore... She could have earned the respect of the people in UK instead of being a jester in the US.

The word 'permission' is too strong. :amuse: I think H should have made an effort to meet his future in-laws, but MM may have discourage that.

I wonder if MM is regretting her greedy and ridiculous behavior. She could have had a great life working for the Firm, living in the Kensington Palace, spending holidays at Frogmore... She could have earned the respect of the people in UK instead of being a jester in the US.
admit she made a mistake? Hmm....doubt it.....maybe at some point

No way. People like her never think that way.

Whaaaaa????

:nono:

The two couples have now been dubbed the new 'Fab Four', a term once used to describe Harry, Meghan and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'struck deal to hand Frogmore Cottage over to Princess Eugenie without the knowledge of senior royals'
  • Eugenie, 30, and Jack Brooksbank 'moved into Windsor home two weeks ago'
  • Insider said senior royals were 'blindsided' by Meghan and Harry offering home
  • Last night, sources said Meghan and Harry had moved possessions to the US
'Obviously the Queen was told after the couples had spoken about the plan.

'But it is very much a deal done between Harry, Meghan, Eugenie and Jack. There is a close bond between them.'

Eugenie, 30, and Mr Brooksbank, 34, reportedly moved into the five-bedroom home a fortnight ago after speaking directly with the Sussexes.

An insider claimed on Friday that Harry and Meghan had their possessions shipped off to California after 'removal vans pitched up in the dead of night and cleared out the cottage.'

This was said to be a 'pretty strong sign' the couple have 'no plans to return' to Windsor.

Last edited: