Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I think it's pretty clear that they invited the Clooneys and Oprah in order to kick start relationships with people that they identified as Hollywood power players. So, obviously, Megexit was being planned well before the wedding and well before any conflict arose with the Palace or any negative stories started appearing in the tabloid press. MM probably figured out pretty quickly that she didn't like the duties or being told what to do and when to do it and how to dress and when to curtsy. ETA: Harry obviously wanted out too, for this to have been planned so far in advance. Looking back, I think they intended to leave from the start and then used the negative stories in the press and anything their perceived as a slight in their dealings with the Palace or the family to justify it.

I think she wanted also to show off her Hollywood connections. See how important I am...

She's feigning hurt because she got a little backlash. She wanted to be universally lauded for saying "everyone should vote" even though that message has already been repeated ad nauseam via all media sources, by people more important than her, all year.

Believe it or not, Meghan, I don't think even your fans were oblivious to the fact that there is an election this year.
The more I think about it, the more I think she is a major-league SICKO .. that requires all that attention, BUT .. then has to be fawned all over by the media and others. Boy, Harry did pick a winner .. NOT!

I think it's pretty clear that they invited the Clooneys and Oprah in order to kick start relationships with people that they identified as Hollywood power players. So, obviously, Megexit was being planned well before the wedding and well before any conflict arose with the Palace or any negative stories started appearing in the tabloid press. MM probably figured out pretty quickly that she didn't like the duties or being told what to do and when to do it and how to dress and when to curtsy. ETA: Harry obviously wanted out too, for this to have been planned so far in advance. Looking back, I think they intended to leave from the start and then used the negative stories in the press and anything their perceived as a slight in their dealings with the Palace or the family to justify it.
if it was planned before the wedding, then shame on them, esp. Harry - to have this spectacular wedding....don't know if this was the case but if it was, then I wouldn't blame the RF if they cut him off entirely

And what it really says about the ones, who accepted the invitation, but didn't even know her.
I have to admit, that since the Clooneys didn't have to travel too far, it was pretty easy for them to say yes. I'm also sure it appealed to their social climbing instincts to rub shoulders with the Royals. I think that Diana's former flatmate's eyeballs must have been spinning when told that they didn't know the bride and groom.

I have to admit, that since the Clooneys didn't have to travel too far, it was pretty easy for them to say yes. I'm also sure it appealed to their social climbing instincts to rub shoulders with the Royals. I think that Diana's former flatmate's eyeballs must have been spinning when told that they didn't know the bride and groom.

Tbh I totally get why someone who got an invitation to the wedding would accept it - it's a really cool once-in-a-lifetime experience to participate in such an event, see the royal family up close and personal, see the church decorated for royalty etc. Even if there wasn't a single camera to commemorate your presence or some PR angle to take advantage of, I think it's just a fun experience and memory. I see nothing wrong with going if the couple is superficial enough to invite you, I certainly would.

Tbh I totally get why someone who got an invitation to the wedding would accept it - it's a really cool once-in-a-lifetime experience to participate in such an event, see the royal family up close and personal, see the church decorated for royalty etc. Even if there wasn't a single camera to commemorate your presence or some PR angle to take advantage of, I think it's just a fun experience and memory. I see nothing wrong with going if the couple is superficial enough to invite you, I certainly would.

ITA. Even for celebrities who routinely meet other famous and rich people all the time, a royal wedding is on another level of exclusivity.

Holy crap! Is it me, or does Harry look like he got Botox in this video? Definitely "fresher" complexion

Ugh I used to have so much sympathy for him as someone who didn’t want to be in the spotlight and seemed to shy away from it. How far he’s come... now he’s putting himself out there just to put himself out there. Nothing of value said here. Guess all those years he was just waiting for his moment to be a real celebrity.