Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

The royal family does not need Harry. The Times article said that senior aides are secretly relieved. There were some hits in the book but for the most part it was all minor, petty stuff. Harry's poll numbers are in the toilet in the UK while Charles, Will and Kate's are excellent. The majority sympathize with the family which I don't think was the reaction Harry was hoping for.

What the family does want is for Harry to shut up and stop the constant attacks because it is exhausting and a distraction. So, it would be great if they could arrange a cease fire, from Harry that is, since no one in the family is firing back at him at present. But, it's hard to imagine they could come to any agreement, Harry will never admit he or Meghan were anything but perfect, and there is the tiny problem that you can't trust either him or Meghan ever again. Personal trust with Charles and Will has been destroyed. Give them even a fraction of what they want and watch them stab you in the back in a year or two anyway.

Also, Harry and Meghan have nothing else to sell but their grievances against the family. They aren't going to become big time, successful producers of original content for either Spotify or Netflix. Just look at the follow up series they produced (which was aired on Netflix immediately after their docu-series) which tanked in the ratings. Their star power is limited and they have no other way of making money but trashing the family.

But, I can imagine BP floating this idea of a reconciliation meeting, to see how it is received and showing themselves making an effort, all while knowing it's unlikely to happen. Even in the article, with BP aides quoted, it said that Harry would have to put aside his messiah complex and admit that he and Meghan also behaved poorly. Totally not happening as he and Meghan both think they are never wrong.
Agree with everything you said, but do we believe it’s truly the palace and not some Harkles PR move? They’ve done this before…

I really appreciate when people provide screenshots…

Well, hello Harry, this is the way things work in most traditional families, fair or not. The siblings with kids receive more time, attention and family resources from parents than the sibling without spouse or kids. That's just the way it is. Maybe not fair but it's been this way for generations. And in most cultures and classes. The single child w/out kids is assumed to be mostly self-sufficient and competent enough to make their way in the world without excessive family help. Like more cars, more staff, bigger palace digs and more embossed letterheads, all those things you are lamenting. Grow up, Harry.

See link below.
View attachment 5691864
A royal source, who has the King’s ear and who knows the Sussexes well, believes a reconciliation meeting will happen in the coming months and needs to take place before the coronation on Saturday, May 6. “It’s going to take flexibility on all sides, but it can be done, it’s fixable,” says the source. “It needs Harry over here, in the room with the King and Prince of Wales, a couple of other family members, some of ‘his people’ he trusts who always had his back, so he doesn’t think he’s being ambushed. Someone like Elf [Ed Lane Fox, Harry’s former private secretary] and Christopher [Lord Geidt, the late Queen’s former private secretary who advised the Sussexes].

“Both sides need to hold their hands up and admit we didn’t get everything right, and we got a lot wrong, and we have to say to him ‘we understand the pain you’ve been through’. The King can do it.”

But can William? The heir is the spare’s punchbag over Spare’s blistering pages of character assassination and friends have said William is “burning inside” over his brother’s disloyalty. “He is loyal to the throne and understands what needs to be done for the country,” says the source, who also knows William well. “Not everyone here behaved well, but Harry’s got to be able to sit down and say ‘we didn’t behave well either’. That takes a lot of academic flexibility, which Harry isn’t great at.”

never negotiate with terrorists!

also, totally understand why there were so many beheadings in Royal history. Todger is lucky he isn’t living in medieval times

Yep, this is when KCIII and Diana look really bad. Unless there are some extenuating circumstances we do not know about, they appear to be the worst parents ever. QE as the indulgent grandmother is looking worse and worse, too.

What did they know, when did they know it?
We know KC knew of the teen Hazzie’s drug/drinking issues - a one day visit to a rehab? place seems to be an absurd solution in retrospect. We know KC & Diana knew of Hazzie’s poor performance in school. We know KC & Diana knew of the young Hazzi escaping beyond the palace gates. If the rumors of KP covering up for Hazzie’s violence toward others are true, we are at a new low imo. W&K can be all kinds of wonderful, but that is not really the issue.
Their parenting skills don't seem the best. However, Will has the same parents and seems OK. Hazz sounds like a very damaged person. Charles probably felt sorry for him to have lost his mother, and spoiled him and allowed the covered up of his apparent abusive personality. It's time for the Palace to stop covering up for Hazz imo.

The comments are overwhelmingly Harry and Meghan supporters, thousands and thousands of them. It is disheartening to see how many people take them at their word and give them the benefit of the doubt. They believe everything they say.

Worse people have such supporters - e.g. that guy Greta Thunberg shot down twice had raped, trafficked, beat up women yet on social media you can read people revered him, he's their role model. Doesn't surprise me that big mouth Harry has fans.

Yep, this is when KCIII and Diana look really bad. Unless there are some extenuating circumstances we do not know about, they appear to be the worst parents ever. QE as the indulgent grandmother is looking worse and worse, too.

What did they know, when did they know it?
We know KC knew of the teen Hazzie’s drug/drinking issues - a one day visit to a rehab? place seems to be an absurd solution in retrospect. We know KC & Diana knew of Hazzie’s poor performance in school. We know KC & Diana knew of the young Hazzi escaping beyond the palace gates. If the rumors of KP covering up for Hazzie’s violence toward others are true, we are at a new low imo. W&K can be all kinds of wonderful, but that is not really the issue.
William had the same parents and he turned out much better. We can’t blame parents for everything, sometimes it really is the personality of the individual. Maybe it was the timing that everything happened. His parents separated when he was eight, divorced when he was 10, and his mother died when he was 12. I think the Queen and Charles did what they could to try to support Harry and in some ways they may have overindulged him to try to compensate for his loss. Of course Harry clearly doesn’t see it that way.

Their parenting skills don't seem the best. However, Will has the same parents and seems OK. Hazz sounds like a very damaged person. Charles probably felt sorry for him to have lost his mother, and spoiled him and allowed the covered up of his apparent abusive personality. It's time for the Palace to stop covering up for Hazz imo.
Oh sorry, I said pretty much the same thing. I really need to finish reading all of the posts before responding. :biggrin:

Well, hello Harry, this is the way things work in most traditional families, fair or not. The siblings with kids receive more time, attention and family resources from parents than the sibling without spouse or kids. That's just the way it is. Maybe not fair but it's been this way for generations. And in most cultures and classes. The single child w/out kids is assumed to be mostly self-sufficient and competent enough to make their way in the world without excessive family help. Like more cars, more staff, bigger palace digs and more embossed letterheads, all those things you are lamenting. Grow up, Harry.
Even in that little excerpt he sounds jealous of Will imo.

The royal family does not need Harry. The Times article said that senior aides are secretly relieved. There were some hits in the book but for the most part it was all minor, petty stuff. Harry's poll numbers are in the toilet in the UK while Charles, Will and Kate's are excellent. The majority sympathize with the family which I don't think was the reaction Harry was hoping for.

What the family does want is for Harry to shut up and stop the constant attacks because it is exhausting and a distraction. So, it would be great if they could arrange a cease fire, from Harry that is, since no one in the family is firing back at him at present. But, it's hard to imagine they could come to any agreement, Harry will never admit he or Meghan were anything but perfect, and there is the tiny problem that you can't trust either him or Meghan ever again. Personal trust with Charles and Will has been destroyed. Give them even a fraction of what they want and watch them stab you in the back in a year or two anyway.

Also, Harry and Meghan have nothing else to sell but their grievances against the family. They aren't going to become big time, successful producers of original content for either Spotify or Netflix. Just look at the follow up series they produced (which was aired on Netflix immediately after their docu-series) which tanked in the ratings. Their star power is limited and they have no other way of making money but trashing the family.

But, I can imagine BP floating this idea of a reconciliation meeting, to see how it is received and showing themselves making an effort, all while knowing it's unlikely to happen. Even in the article, with BP aides quoted, it said that Harry would have to put aside his messiah complex and admit that he and Meghan also behaved poorly. Totally not happening as he and Meghan both think they are never wrong.
It is possible that BP is floating the idea so they look good. It is the same thing that Harry was saying about reconciliation, they turned it around on him.

He can never be trusted. I wouldn’t believe a word he says. He is a blackmailer.

All the whinging in this book is an enormous chip on his shoulder. Complaints about being second best, not good enough, no respect. Therapy did nothing for him. This a person who needs intensive psychiatric therapy.

It is possible that BP is floating the idea so they look good. It is the same thing that Harry was saying about reconciliation, they turned it around on him.

He can never be trusted. I wouldn’t believe a word he says. He is a blackmailer.

All the whinging in this book is an enormous chip on his shoulder. Complaints about being second best, not good enough, no respect. Therapy did nothing for him. This a person who needs intensive psychiatric therapy.
It has also been reported by the NYP. Let's see if this is the same type of story that comes out each year before the Oscars.

The comments are not kind to the Harkles.

1673759896469.png
1673759515616.png

Last edited:
I don’t know that he is blackmailing as much as trying to combat criticism by claiming it could have been worse.
I find it akin to Zed declaring that she never signed an NDA. Threats.

Are we to infer that is seal singing soulmate indulges in a few lines of coke and shares joints with him?

Its more likely the royal source is the Sussexes.

Remember their PR strategy was leaked - 2023 “the year of reconciliation”.

plus the line about their kids automatically getting titles gives it away. That’s still up to KC to grant.

Nice try Meghan.

I'm now reading the article that cites the row over Erdem. Gosh this Ghoul is a raging psycho b*tch (why am I so surprised).

1. Insisted on calling Kate, well, Kate, when everyone else has moved on to Catherine. Kate should have called her Rachel, but of course she's too polite.

2. Was overheard several times saying "She's not even queen".

3. Claimed the Middletons (!) were cashing in on their royal connections. Really, Ghoul? Those people have been nothing but polite and low key, quite the opposite to your trashy family and a possible scandal about your mother. How jealous can one be.

4. Whined they - people who have been in-laws to the royal family for more than ten years - were using the VIP Lounge at Heathrow called Windsor Suite (not true...Wills and Kate use it, though) and insisted her mother got to use it (she did. I adore the BRF for being so polite and welcoming, but they should have shut down that crazy clown right there and then).

5. Hat the impertinence to complain about Pippa not wanting to have her, a random gf of her BIL, at her wedding after she got bullied into inviting her for the evening bash. Changed place cards to sit next to Harry (of course, now it's William and Kate who changed place cards at their wedding to not sit next to each other. AS IF.)

6. I could live happily without ever hearing about bridesmaids' dresses ever again, but apparently staff has come forward saying it was indeed Ghoul who made Kate cry BECAUSE the idiot then went to their shared team asking them to smooth over the waves.

7. Ghoul rented an icecream truck to come to the headquarters but firmly instructed it was only for Team Sussex, not for Team Cambridge, the Cambridges themselves or even the kids. Team went against her orders and called their collegues to share the treat. She ain't no queen, but she sure is Queen of Petty.

And. So. Many. Examples. How everyone (that includes the BRF, not just staff) went above and beyond to appease the terrorist. In hindsight I really think they shouldn't have tried so hard and instead laid down the law from the very beginning.
Zed is so self-important :rolleyes: and petty.
his vitriol is disgusting - saying they were willing to lie for his brother not not willing to tell the truth for him
Angry Cat GIF
Oh, that kitty! Totally distracting!
I love that Maureen Dowd column. Thanks for posting it Chanbal. I especially love this comment:
"I have to admit, if it were me, I would have put up with a lot to live through history, to see the end of the Elizabethan era. I would have loved to be bouncing over the Scottish highlands with the queen in her Land Rover, nursing a thermos of Scotch and hearing anything she had to say about anyone."

Do those two realize what they are missing?
Of course not. All they focus on is themselves.