Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Agreed, but do we know for a fact that BA did that? I have a hard time believing they would contact first class customers and say sorry we're moving you back to business/comfort plus or whatever they call the next level down, or else pick a different flight. And if they did, they probably had to offer some decent compensation. My husband is million mile plus on Delta, and he would demand something in return if he was told he was being reassigned from his preferred seat location.

Didn't someone on here post they or an acquaintance were bumped from first class for that flight? I thought I read it here but I doubt I can find it now with the rate of new posts we're going at. Or I might be imagining things, it's entirely possible.

I'll admit I had misread the first time too, but when you said "She was super polite to staff" I knew something was up! :lol: That's when I went back and saw you'd quoted the question over Sarah's current job.
OMG I hope i didn't disappoint anyone! Not a chance I'd keep something SO IMPORTANT to myself for so long:biggrin:

Didn't someone on here post they or an acquaintance were bumped from first class for that flight? I thought I read it here but I doubt I can find it now with the rate of new posts we're going at. Or I might be imagining things, it's entirely possible.
I saw that too. My extensive experience with BA (though on UK-Poland route) is that they are RUDE, RUDE, RUDE, RUDE (and did I mention RUDE?) and don't care about their passengers, even business so I can imagine people being impolitely asked to move to business class or take another flight.

Quite possible, I don't recall either. In the US, if you're bumped down to a lesser cabin all the airline is required to give you is a refund for the price differential, or I'm sure you can request another flight. But I can see someone who had to be on that flight and got bumped down being unhappy. We certainly would be. I have to be able to put my feet up on long flights, so we would have to reschedule, and that can be difficult at the last minute. My thinking was that since Invictus was scheduled well in advance they also booked the whole cabin well in advance. I think if someone got bumped by them and they weren't happy they would have taken it to Twitter, unless they like them and just suffered in silence.

BTW I've read and commented a bit in the Johnny Depp thread and there's a very enlightening post from today drawing parallels. I especially enjoyed this part:

I'm just a self credited armchair psychologist :smartass:but to me it's obvious that just like with Duchess Pump Pump, something is really and seriously off with Amber. It's like you can sense it, even through a screen. It's their mannerisms, facial expressions and now that we've seen them in action over time, just that, their actions and general behaviour.

Both of these women obviously can keep it together behaviour wise long enough to stake out and capture a main objective but the pretense mask eventually has to slip. They'll literally emotionally implode from the exertion to seem and act normal. Both also ready to go scorched earth no matter the collateral damage when someone doesn't bend to their will.

I saw that too. My extensive experience with BA (though on UK-Poland route) is that they are RUDE, RUDE, RUDE, RUDE (and did I mention RUDE?) and don't care about their passengers, even business so I can imagine people being impolitely asked to move to business class or take another flight.
I'll remember that going forward. We fly Delta almost exclusively, rarely have a problem, even when I'm flying by myself and sitting in coach. I observe how hard the flight attendants work and what they have to put up with. I couldn't do it.

I'll remember that going forward. We fly Delta almost exclusively, rarely have a problem, even when I'm flying by myself and sitting in coach. I observe how hard the flight attendants work and what they have to put up with. I couldn't do it.
Many of my issues come from the fact that I have a back condition that doesn't always demonstrate (therefore I wouldn't be wheelchaired around the airport + there are ppl who really need that service more than me) but BA likes to put my back in distress by having to stand for long eg. closing priority lanes, not paying for them at WAW, not managing the boarding properly. To cut story short, I realise it's their ground staff, airport etc. but try to deal with their customers service...Just awful experience, rude and indifferent are the only words I have for them + the post covid coupons redemption is a joke and scam (mine are redeemable only through call centre where you get cut out as they're experiencing long queues).
I flew first and business on BA to the US and Canada and while can't complain about politeness of the staff, the experience was undewhelming (but guess quoted $5k price LAX-LHR justifies it vs eg. Emirates). To summarise: I don't recommend!

edit: I do realise this sounds a bit intense, probably as I had to fly this route at least once per month there and back over 10 years so accumulated a lot of grief against BA.

Last edited:
Quite possible, I don't recall either. In the US, if you're bumped down to a lesser cabin all the airline is required to give you is a refund for the price differential, or I'm sure you can request another flight. But I can see someone who had to be on that flight and got bumped down being unhappy. We certainly would be. I have to be able to put my feet up on long flights, so we would have to reschedule, and that can be difficult at the last minute. My thinking was that since Invictus was scheduled well in advance they also booked the whole cabin well in advance. I think if someone got bumped by them and they weren't happy they would have taken it to Twitter, unless they like them and just suffered in silence.

Not in a million years would I accept being bumped from business class (or first class) down to even premium or premium economy on a transcontinental flight. Those business/first seats from the west coast to the UK are lie-down flat seats and you can actually get some good rest on a 10+ hour flight. Like a lot of people, I make my flight and hotel arrangements weeks, if not months, in advance so I wouldn't accept being moved even to the next day's flight as it would throw my whole trip off. They'd have to compensate me big time for it. So, I bet you are right and they made the arrangements way in advance and just bought out the whole cabin. Still, what a waste of money for TW, the bodyguard, and a couple of others. Seriously, they both need to get a grip. They aren't billionaires, not even close.

Not in a million years would I accept being bumped from business class (or first class) down to even premium or premium economy on a transcontinental flight. Those business/first seats from the west coast to the UK are lie-down flat seats and you can actually get some good rest on a 10+ hour flight. Like a lot of people, I make my flight and hotel arrangements weeks, if not months, in advance so I wouldn't accept being moved even to the next day's flight as it would throw my whole trip off. They'd have to compensate me big time for it. So, I bet you are right and they made the arrangements way in advance and just bought out the whole cabin. Still, what a waste of money for TW, the bodyguard, and a couple of others. Seriously, they both need to get a grip. They aren't billionaires, not even close.
You're like my husband. He books our vacation trips as far a year in advance. If he was told he had to sit in a lesser cabin or change his flight he'd raise hell.

Right! If I was bumped especially for a poser like TW I’d go full Karen. Full stop.

One more thing those great humanitarians don't do: Angelina Jolie just arrived in Ukraine.
It galls me. these two have no claim to fame except for supposedly being do-gooders. they have a huge estate. why can't they put up some refugees? or go to Ukraine? what are they doing? posing
But they want credit for being humanitarians