Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

More from Tina B. on DM :girlsigh:
View attachment 5389718
'Meghan doesn't really have a brand – you feel that she is grasping at the 'Twitter caring' of the moment. Vaccinations, Ukraine, Women's rights, my 40th birthday, let's have a mentoring scheme. Nothing is really going anywhere for Meghan.

'And the whole problem, with entertainment deal is you have to produce. They've signed with Netflix but what have we seen? Nothing.

'Creating entertainment that works is very hard to do. Their Spotify podcast is going nowhere. Netflix is not doing so well are they going to renew that contract?'

hate to say it but even though I'm still here, they're getting kinda boring

This resonates with me. I have an adult child who lives in CA, and both they and their partner have been diagnosed with depression and take antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs. These are people who lacked for nothing growing up, are from loving and supportive families, went to a top university on their parents, and in theory should be very happy. To meet them you'd say what a lovely, intelligent and attractive young couple, but inwardly they struggle. It is difficult as a parent to understand how to help them, other than to remind them that you are always there for them. I have a friend in CA whose three young grandchildren, ranging from 6 to 14 in what would be considered a very typical two parent family, are all receiving some kind of mental health treatment for different reasons. We are clearly doing something wrong with our children. But I guess this is better discussed elsewhere...
Mental health therapy must be performed by highly qualified and ethical professionals. Unfortunately, it's not always the case and people can suffer from the treatment. I have no words to express what I feel about having people like Hazz involved in mental coaching. I can't get over of his comments about "I’ll get my therapist to call your therapist," and arrange a playdate???

The fact he’s holding CA up as a gold standard is laughable. Mental health is 100% important, but it’s become the new catch phrase for opportunistic businesses (ahem BetterUp?) as well as opportunistic people who use anxiety and depression as an excuse for everything. I live in CA, and the sheer number of people that are on antidepressants without any kind of assistance in learning how to cope with LIFE is unreal. The number of children on “medical marijuana” and antidepressants is beyond mind boggling to me. Parents often seem to want to fix their children by medicating them, and not teaching them that life has its ups & downs. There are many people with real mental illnesses that definitely need help including medication & therapy, then there are the many that choose to self medicate.
Yes to all you said. We are not exemplary in CA, and he’s not only laughable, it demonstrates once again his ignorance. He’s a paid shill trying to drum up business.

Mental health therapy must be performed by highly qualified and ethical professionals. Unfortunately, it's not always the case and people can suffer from the treatment. I have no words to express what I feel about having people like Hazz involved in mental coaching. I can't get over of his comments about "I’ll get my therapist to call your therapist," and arrange a playdate???
Chanbal , I gagged on reading his flippant comment. He is loathsome.

edited to give Chanbal back her real name, not the auto fill version.:flowers:

Last edited:
A large number of people in CA suffering from mental disorders are homeless, including many veterans. I can't see them having the resources or capabilities to use Hazz's approach "I’ll get my therapist to call your therapist." Mental health is a very serious problem, and it's dangerous to have unqualified people trying to profit from it imo.

I have no other excuse than the devil made me do it! :angel:
BetterUP02.jpg
ET correct stupid error.

Last edited:

IMO he was trying to be funny. When a legitimate comedian, say a Larry David or Seinfeld, says this in his routine, we all chuckle for numerous reasons. When an unqualified bozo pops off with it, it isn’t funny, it isn’t endearing, it isn’t cute. Heck, it wasn’t even original. What is his problem? NM, I already know. Maybe this will be a quiet week - hope I did not jinx us :nogood:

It feels like a Steve Martin or Martin Short line. It has been around for years, literally.

ETA: imo he was trying to use an American joke in order to seem cool, fit in. Huge failure.

Last edited:
This resonates with me. I have an adult child who lives in CA, and both they and their partner have been diagnosed with depression and take antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs. These are people who lacked for nothing growing up, are from loving and supportive families, went to a top university on their parents, and in theory should be very happy. To meet them you'd say what a lovely, intelligent and attractive young couple, but inwardly they struggle. It is difficult as a parent to understand how to help them, other than to remind them that you are always there for them. I have a friend in CA whose three young grandchildren, ranging from 6 to 14 in what would be considered a very typical two parent family, are all receiving some kind of mental health treatment for different reasons. We are clearly doing something wrong with our children. But I guess this is better discussed elsewhere...

Often mental health issues have nothing to do with how people are raised and everything to do with chemistry.

And life is tough right now. Especially for youth. You can be from the most traditional and supportive backgrounds but you can still struggle with self esteem, bullying or any number of other external forces.

Family can neither blame themselves nor feel like their support should be a panacea.

Tina Brown's interview on her new book. I don't agree with everything TB says, but I believe she is right about the queen setting up the Harkles for success. However, TW wanted to make lucrative deals, she couldn't resist the celebrity buffet. TB was told that Hazz's memoir is going to be very harsh. She makes a joke about the BRF giving Hazz a big check to have it postponed indefinitely.

Last edited:
Tina Brown's interview on her new book. I don't agree with everything TB says, but I believe she is right about the queen setting up the Harkles for success. However, TW wanted to make lucrative deals, she couldn't resist the celebrity buffet. TB was told that Hazz's memoir is going to be very harsh. She mentions the BRF should perhaps give Hazz a big check and have it postponed indefinitely.

Just what the Harkles need---more $$$$ to keep them quiet for a while. UGH! The situation is so classic.
We all expected the memoir to be "harsh"---and it's not like the Harkles have a lot of love or credibility in the UK. Would the "big check" TB recommends only be to spare the Queen from dealing with any fall-out or controversy?

Just what the Harkles need---more $$$$ to keep them quiet for a while. UGH! The situation is so classic.
We all expected the memoir to be "harsh"---and it's not like the Harkles have a lot of love or credibility in the UK. Would the "big check" TB recommends only be to spare the Queen from dealing with any fall-out or controversy?
TB was likely joking. It would be a huge mistake to give Hazz money to keep him quiet. He has no credibility.

Scoobie is using his first Yahoo article to attack two of the Queens staff members. For those that don’t want to click:

Why Prince Harry has every reason to ask questions about people around the Queen
…..

The reality is, since the passing of Prince Philip one year ago, the Queen is living by herself. While Prince Charles, the Cambridges and others stop by for visits, the people surrounding the monarch on a daily basis—aides, courtiers and household staff responsible for every aspect of her life—are all employees of the royal institution. And it’s at the hands of some of these same people that Harry experienced some of his darkest and most distressing moments as a working member of the Firm.

When I was interviewing sources for Finding Freedom in 2020, I remember how my jaw dropped when a friend of the couple
([MM….?????]) gave me a play-by-play account of how the Queen’s private secretary, Edward Young, went out of his way to prevent the couple from visiting the monarch in Sandringham (one of the only family members the Sussexes felt comfortable talking to at the time) ahead of their announcement to step away from royal life. It appears that, as hard as Harry tried to arrange a time, his team was informed that the monarch was "busy all week". The Queen, despite having been the one to invite her grandson, was told by Young that the once-available diary dates were no longer free.

It was also the Queen’s right-hand woman and dresser, Angela Kelly, who multiple sources told me made it almost impossible for Meghan to have a necessary “hair trial” with her chosen wedding tiara—even standing up the duchess-to-be and her hairstylist, who had flown in especially, at a pre-scheduled fitting. Harry, sources said, felt it was a cruel attempt to put his partner “in her place”.

Days before permanently leaving the UK in March 2020, Harry told a close aide, “These people have their own agendas, they work for the institution and certainly don’t care about us as family.” Princess Diana echoed similar sentiments in the years following her divorce from Charles.

Time and time again we hear how inside the institution of the monarchy is an environment where mental health and wellbeing is not prioritised. A place where, regardless of your status, the needs of the crown will always come ahead of the personal needs of individual family members. It’s an institution Harry feels failed in its duty to protect him and his own brood.

So, while the Sussexes and the Queen have been in regular contact over the phone or virtually, their recent in-person meeting (which was purposefully kept a secret from all palace aides) was Harry’s first chance in a year to truly speak privately with his grandmother without fear of anyone overhearing or wandering in the background of a video call.

Having bravely faced a series of health and mobility issues, we often hear how the 96-year-old monarch is impressively “getting on” with her duties. But, as a grandson and sixth-in-line to the throne, it would only be natural for Harry to question whether every person in her daily orbit has her best interests at heart. Is she being pushed to do too much? Is anyone telling her to slow down? Is there too much pressure to be at Platinum Jubilee events this June? Is she being properly taken care of? These are the kinds of questions any caring person would ask an elderly family member living alone or in a facility run by staff. And when you look at the famously unsympathetic institution the Queen lives within, Harry has every reason to worry.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment to Yahoo News UK.

Scoobie is using his first Yahoo article to attack two of the Queens staff members. For those that don’t want to click:

Why Prince Harry has every reason to ask questions about people around the Queen
…..

The reality is, since the passing of Prince Philip one year ago, the Queen is living by herself. While Prince Charles, the Cambridges and others stop by for visits, the people surrounding the monarch on a daily basis—aides, courtiers and household staff responsible for every aspect of her life—are all employees of the royal institution. And it’s at the hands of some of these same people that Harry experienced some of his darkest and most distressing moments as a working member of the Firm.

When I was interviewing sources for Finding Freedom in 2020, I remember how my jaw dropped when a friend of the couple
([MM….?????]) gave me a play-by-play account of how the Queen’s private secretary, Edward Young, went out of his way to prevent the couple from visiting the monarch in Sandringham (one of the only family members the Sussexes felt comfortable talking to at the time) ahead of their announcement to step away from royal life. It appears that, as hard as Harry tried to arrange a time, his team was informed that the monarch was "busy all week". The Queen, despite having been the one to invite her grandson, was told by Young that the once-available diary dates were no longer free.

It was also the Queen’s right-hand woman and dresser, Angela Kelly, who multiple sources told me made it almost impossible for Meghan to have a necessary “hair trial” with her chosen wedding tiara—even standing up the duchess-to-be and her hairstylist, who had flown in especially, at a pre-scheduled fitting. Harry, sources said, felt it was a cruel attempt to put his partner “in her place”.

Days before permanently leaving the UK in March 2020, Harry told a close aide, “These people have their own agendas, they work for the institution and certainly don’t care about us as family.” Princess Diana echoed similar sentiments in the years following her divorce from Charles.

Time and time again we hear how inside the institution of the monarchy is an environment where mental health and wellbeing is not prioritised. A place where, regardless of your status, the needs of the crown will always come ahead of the personal needs of individual family members. It’s an institution Harry feels failed in its duty to protect him and his own brood.

So, while the Sussexes and the Queen have been in regular contact over the phone or virtually, their recent in-person meeting (which was purposefully kept a secret from all palace aides) was Harry’s first chance in a year to truly speak privately with his grandmother without fear of anyone overhearing or wandering in the background of a video call.

Having bravely faced a series of health and mobility issues, we often hear how the 96-year-old monarch is impressively “getting on” with her duties. But, as a grandson and sixth-in-line to the throne, it would only be natural for Harry to question whether every person in her daily orbit has her best interests at heart. Is she being pushed to do too much? Is anyone telling her to slow down? Is there too much pressure to be at Platinum Jubilee events this June? Is she being properly taken care of? These are the kinds of questions any caring person would ask an elderly family member living alone or in a facility run by staff. And when you look at the famously unsympathetic institution the Queen lives within, Harry has every reason to worry.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment to Yahoo News UK.
Can someone assure TW's minister of propaganda, Scoobie that the Cambridges are relocating to Windsor? Poor guy, he sounds so concerned. It would be nice if someone could also let him know that QE didn't want the Harkles moving in with her. We all know that they graciously offered to live in Windsor.

Tina Brown's interview on her new book. I don't agree with everything TB says, but I believe she is right about the queen setting up the Harkles for success. However, TW wanted to make lucrative deals, she couldn't resist the celebrity buffet. TB was told that Hazz's memoir is going to be very harsh. She makes a joke about the BRF giving Hazz a big check to have it postponed indefinitely.

Thanks so very much for sharing this interview!!!!