Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Well, they did the same to their wedding, right??? George & Amal Clooney noted that they had not even met the two of them before the wedding, but they attended anyhow! Got to give Reese Witherspoon credit here, as she also noted that she had not met them before getting an invitation to their wedding, but unlike the Clooney's, she decided to stay home!
I would have gone if invited!

The wedding was a globally televised event. Outside of the BRF members and British aristocracy, anyone invited who wanted to be 'seen' as hob-nobbing with BRF and the aristocracy attended (cough, Clooneys, Oprah, cough).

A barbeque on Christmas Eve planned solely to 'upstage' Catherine's Carol Event television broadcast is ridic and hopefully all those invited celebrities see through it, as Mariah Carey supposedly has. Who, except the most desperate, would leave their families and holiday plans, to schlep to Santa Barbara for a few hours with these two grifters?

I’m messy so I would have gone to the wedding just to observe the BRF dynamic at the reception when the media isn’t there.

But BBQs on Christmas Eve are not a thing. And that’s typically a day people spend with their own families. It just doesn’t make any sense and looks very much like the DoS is competing with the DoC in her own head. The one-sidedness is very loser-y.

Well, they did the same to their wedding, right??? George & Amal Clooney noted that they had not even met the two of them before the wedding, but they attended anyhow! Got to give Reese Witherspoon credit here, as she also noted that she had not met them before getting an invitation to their wedding, but unlike the Clooney's, she decided to stay home!
They must have hit it off somewhere. IIRC Amal Clooney hosted MM's lavish Manhattan baby shower. I think she haas since wised up.

..he believes she may have picked up “important knowledge” about the embattled royal’s behavior.
An intriguing prospect, but aside from the fact that she was too old for Epstein, what could she have on Andrew that occurred after she met Harry? If something related to Andrew and Epstein was told to her, wouldn't it be thrown out in court as simply hearsay?

An intriguing prospect, but aside from the fact that she was too old for Epstein, what could she have on Andrew that occurred after she met Harry? If something related to Andrew and Epstein was told to her, wouldn't it be thrown out in court as simply hearsay?
LOL, Like Judge Judy says "you can't tell me what someone else supposedly said"

True, it wouldn’t work in a courtroom, but … please sit by me and tell me everything :chatty:

That is pretty much what is going on! Right now the case is in the discovery phase - or will be once the Motion to Dismiss is heard and assuming the motion is denied. In discovery the hearsay rule does not apply - the idea is to find out as much as you can about each other's case and evidence. This is done through depositions, written questions called interrogatories and documents which are requested by side A and turned by side B.

David Boies, who is neither stupid or delusional is basically pimping the BRF by showing them what they are in for. Although Boies said he has no plans to try to get a deposition of the Queen, he mentioned the possibility of trying to depose Charles. MM is perfect to throw into the mix - for one thing, she is subject to jurisdiction here, so all of those arguments are out the window (whereas they are very much in play for Charles,for example). Everyone knows that "recollections may vary" - I think he said MM will be truthful because he knows that she will insist on telling what she calls "her truth", which we all know is "not true"! So if she does get subpoenaed, will the BRF hire a lawyer to try to block the depo and, failing that, represent her at the depo? Will MM refuse any lawyer hired and paid for by the BRF or will she show up and insist on being deposed without counsel present. I can't imagine that she would hire her own attorney ($$$$).

So is the BRF willing to run the risk of another out of control (and lying) MM situation? After all, she already lied in court once! H told her that he participated in conversations about racial issues/skin color, what if he told her about participating in or overhearing conversations about Andrew? I think it is a long shot that MM heard or participated in any conversations about Andrew's issues, but Boies won't know that until he asks the questions. There are some things Andrew's lawyer can do to try to end run any depo of MM, but at this point Boies wants them to see the worst case scenario. Boies is hoping that applying this sort of pressure will encourage the powers that be to throw cash at him to get this whole unpredictable mess behind them. He is basically showing them - and everyone else - how ugly this can get and that the BRF is unable to control the situation.

What makes anyone think that MM would know anything about what happened back then? Like Andrew was going to tell her out of all people, any possible shady **** he was into? She wasn't even around. I don't quite get it.
My guess is it's just a lawyer's ploy to put an unwanted spotlight on the BRF in an attempt to extract a settlement.