Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Agree.

Italian men (in Italy) are some of the most stylish in the world and they wear brown shoes, often with no socks and it gives off a certain nonchalance that's so attractive.

But this is the British upper class and they are more straight-laced for city dressing.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true; honestly .. when I'm in Italy (especially Firenze or Milano) .. my head is like a swivel .. just admiring all those attractive and SO WELL-SUITED men!!! Alas, my Italian cousin always said to me "DO NOT MARRY AN ITALIAN MAN .. they are all mammone ! "

:yw:
I could swear he wrote those first verses about them. I know he didn't, but dayum

That’s a good one for them. Several songs suit the disastrous duo so well. With her tendrils and his behavior, this one stands out to me.
"Witchy Woman"

Raven hair and ruby lips
Sparks fly from her fingertips
Echoed voices in the night
She's a restless spirit on an endless flight

Woo hoo witchy woman,
See how high she flies
Woo hoo witchy woman
She got the moon in her eye

She held me spellbound in the night
Dancing shadows and firelight
Crazy laughter in another room
And she drove herself to madness with a silver spoon [!!!!]

Woo hoo witchy woman
See how high she flies
Woo hoo witchy woman

Well, I know you want a lover,
Let me tell you, brother,
She's been sleeping in the Devil's bed.

And there's some rumors going round
Someone's underground
She can rock you in the nighttime
'Til your skin turns red

Woo hoo witchy woman
See how high she flies
Woo hoo witchy woman

LittleStar88,

Yes to all you said!

These gowns are a "one and done." Kind of surprising some designers would continue dressing her, but any publicity is good publicity I guess.

Wasn’t her former BFF Jessica touted as her stylist? What a suck up she must have been, and a frenemy too, “Oh, Megs, you look fabulous in that gown. It will be memorable.” Knowing it looked like a rag wrapped around a lumpy pole, thus making it memorable indeed. :yucky:
Maybe this little scenario happened instead.
M to Jessica, "Get me that Dior gown we discussed earlier."
Jessica, "That material will just cling to your bump and your undergarments. How about something less clingy and more colourful."
But M, happy at the thought of showing off her bump, interrupts Jessica, "I insist, get me the Dior. I love the price tag and even better, Charles is paying for it."
Please forgive me for not writing in word salad lingo like M would. :biggrin:

I really miss sparklers. :love:We can't have them here----fire danger:frown:
Can't say anything good about the snappers. I'd never heard of them until some of the neighborhood brats were throwing them onto my patio at my cats :mad::cursing:
Nothing like New York. I interned there one summer. Stayed in a house in Elmont on LI and I had NEVER seen anything like it. Metal trashcans blown up. Class A rockets shot horizontally down the street. I moved my car into the back yard and hid in the house. A life experience for sure :tup:
Well .. okay, going to point out that I lived in Boston for a long time .. so ..

Going to the Esplanade right next to the Charles River (filled with tons of boats on the 4th), having the Boston Pops play the 1812 overture (complete with the Bells and Cannons) .. and then the Fireworks .. well, IMO .. it's the best in the country. Patriot's Day and the 4th of July are BIG-TIME holidays in Boston for good reason of course; as a matter of fact .. most of my British colleagues said that they would avoid going out like the plague because the minute they opened their mouth .. well you can imagine the comments!

Haaaaa! Take that, Harkle.

ITV ditches claim about Prince William's staff planting stories about Harry from brothers-at-war documentary at the 11th hour amid fears it was 'defamatory'
  • Omid Scobie, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's biographer, suggested palace sources briefed newspapers over concerns about Prince Harry's mental health
  • Prince Harry had spoken with journalist Tom Bradby in 2019 where he admitted to a rift with his brother for the first time
  • Scobie has now said a negative spin was put on that interview by palace sources
  • Claims were cut from ITV's documentary 'Harry and William: What Went Wrong?'
I think it's time that we work on getting Obie Stupid-Ska-Noobie fired for some of his actions! Inviting H&M's stans to harass other people on social media venues, and then planting sh!t like this? I know that there is a complain form (I signed), but I do hope that some of these TV stations (hello - CBS!) start pulling him off (but you know, just like Meghan-a-lo-manic, he will shout that they are "racist")!

I think it's time that we work on getting Obie Stupid-Ska-Noobie fired for some of his actions! Inviting H&M's stans to harass other people on social media venues, and then planting sh!t like this? I know that there is a complain form (I signed), but I do hope that some of these TV stations (hello - CBS!) start pulling him off (but you know, just like Meghan-a-lo-manic, he will shout that they are "racist")!

On the other hand, we could just sit back, relax, and watch him implode. At the moment he seems quite capable of sinking his own ship :coolio:

ETA: His new name, Omid the Imploder. :giggle:

That Dior kaftan is a monstrosity - I’ll fitting, unflattering, and wrinkled! Here us Kate less than 2 years prior to this horror demonstrating how to do flattering, modest, elegant maternity evening wear:

MM likes to dress based on a style or look that she likes, and not what actually looks good or flattering to her figure.

At her age, and with access to so many people who know better and could tailor clothing/help her, she shouldn’t have so many wardrobe mishaps. It really only shows how stubborn and bossy she is. I imagine those around her trying to help eventually threw their hands up and let her do whatever with her clothing.

Like everything else, she can’t just shut up, humble herself, and be open to hearing input that is different from what she thinks for herself, then learn, adapt, and improve.
I never watched Suits. With a TV series, she would have been dressed by others and wouldn't have had a say (I don't think). wonder if her clothes fit better on that show

I will NEVER understand women who do this.
When I worked retail and a customer asked how something looked I had to find a tactful way of telling them they looked like a featherbed tied in the middle. "I think we can find you something more flattering" was what I usually fell back on. It never ceased to amaze me how many still went with the hot mess option.
Personally I don't care how "out of style" my clothes are. I feel confident and comfortable when I wear them. When I look good I FEEL good!
you were probably a rarity....sometimes when I'm trying something on and I'm unsure I'll ask someone's opinion. Lame as it may sound, I sometimes look for a customer who has good style and ask her. No one wants to hurt your feelings but at least the customer has nothing to gain by lying and telling you something looks good when it doesn't.

Right? A $2500 Pucci kaftan would have done the trick. All those strapless bra and panty lines would have been camouflaged by whatever print she chose. Everyone looks good in one of his kaftans - even me. That beige Dior number was just so bland - and it did absolutely nothing for her skin tone. Wearing a bold print gets you attention (trust me), which is her entire raison d'être, IMO. But, just maybe it's harder to belly cradle when it's well-hidden by the print. The light colour of the Dior disaster ensured everyone could see that she had a bump in the oven.

Pucci :love:
Why aren’t more women seeing the beauty in his clothes? Your post inspired me to check out his [well, now LVMH] website.
My oh my, beautiful, elegant, Slim Aarons’ worthy, iconic, easy to wear, even easier to swan about town.

1625524256706.png :heart:

ETA: okaaay, maybe this why people aren’t wearing it - although she does wear it well in a few of the photos:

Last edited: