Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Tough talk, almost no action. H&M will still get the invites, still get $$$, still get pampered as needed. Nothing has changed, IMO.
I am still hopeful that their shelflife will expire as they go “stale” as celebrities. When you put them under the microscope they have really accomplished nothing in a year and a half other than a bunch of contracts they haven’t delivered on and a tell-all interview full of lies.

They aren’t getting any invites from other celebrities in Hollywood. I can’t think of a single movie star or famous producer who is publicly supporting them anymore. Meghan and Harry will either sink or swim and there are definite signs of floundering.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I am still hopeful that their shelflife will expire as they go “stale” as celebrities. When you put them under the microscope they have really accomplished nothing in a year and a half other than a bunch of contracts they haven’t delivered on and a tell-all interview full of lies.

They aren’t getting any invites from other celebrities in Hollywood. I can’t think of a single movie star or famous producer who is publicly supporting them anymore. Meghan and Harry will either sink or swim and there are definite signs of floundering.
IMO she doesn't have star power....their big asset is his royalty. we'll see how long they can retain interest using that while attacking his royal family

xincinsin

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Jul 8, 2015
Escapee from BAN
Agree in theory. In reality, when people are stressed-out as she surely would have been, I believe the experts say people revert to their most familiar (?) communication styles. IDK H or M and I have no idea why she struggled. I mentioned the communication issue because it reminded me of this clip from my favorite show - :heart: hope everyone gets a chuckle out of it:

Loved the clip!
As for why Methane struggled, my view is that first, she or her PR team built her up to be more than she was capable of achieving, and she had trouble living up to her hype. She expected a meteoric rise to fame and that was what happened. Sustaining that fame was the problem as, despite many promises to hit the ground running, she didn't achieve much. The second reason, which IIRC she herself mentioned in the OW interview, was that she was expecting the BRF to be equivalent to Hollywood stardom, and she wasn't happy that it wasn't. She may, as narcs would do, even feel that she was conned into being a civil servant with a tiara.

Sol Ryan

McQueen Scarf Fanatic!
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Margaritaville :)
Loved the clip!
As for why Methane struggled, my view is that first, she or her PR team built her up to be more than she was capable of achieving, and she had trouble living up to her hype. She expected a meteoric rise to fame and that was what happened. Sustaining that fame was the problem as, despite many promises to hit the ground running, she didn't achieve much. The second reason, which IIRC she herself mentioned in the OW interview, was that she was expecting the BRF to be equivalent to Hollywood stardom, and she wasn't happy that it wasn't. She may, as narcs would do, even feel that she was conned into being a civil servant with a tiara.
And it was a loaned tiara….

Vintage Leather

Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Arête Cottage
I agree. This author/podcaster I like just wrote a great book, and she really wanted to make the NYT bestsellers list, worked so hard to promote the book, etc, and it didn’t happen. From what I’ve read that NYT list is not really based on numbers, which makes it more annoying.
The NYT list does not claim to be an accurate representation of sales. They actually had a court case in 1983 that went up to the Supreme Court where they argued that they weren’t responsible for any inaccuracies and that the lists are an “editorial product.”

The list is based on “weekly sales reports from independent, chain and wholesalers”.

So The Man He Has Become and his wife can’t just buy 18,000 books on amazon and make the list. You have to buy case lots across the country to get on the list.

There was a huge brouhaha in Young Adult Lit back eight, maybe 10 years ago when a truly awful book hit #1 on the list. Twitter found receipts, found evidence that the author had in fact hired a company to buy each and every copy of the book (to give out at cons, as one does) and NYT removed it from the list. (I remember it because it was such a terrible book. It made Twilight look like Shakespeare. Heck, by comparison, The Bench was almost palatable. And no one could believe it could knock the (excellent book that’s still being read today and whose name I just can’t recall right now) out of the number 1 spot. So KidLitTwitter went researching and literally found the receipts)

Turns out, there are businesses who will game the system for you, and buy enough books at enough of the right places to get you on the list. It used to cost about $250,000 to get onto the list - however, you can help yourself along a bit if you agree to accept book purchases as a part of your speaker fees (aka, a corporation will pay you $50,000 to speak, payable in $40,000 cash and $10,000 worth of books distributed to attendees)

Last edited:

FreeSpirit71

I don't think so...
O.G.
Oct 9, 2010
Australia
Haha wonder what they will say about this. :coolio:
Meghan Markle's brother Thomas Markle Jr joins Big Brother VIP

https://mol.im/a/9812763
Channel 7 here in Australia are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nobodies. First Katie Hopkins (who was deported swiftly for flouting our quarantine laws) now this loser who''s been previously charged with holding a gun to a woman's head during an argument, domestic violence and alcohol issues.

I predict the ratings to be as high as this guy's score on the celeb-ometer.

xincinsin

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Jul 8, 2015
Escapee from BAN
Channel 7 here in Australia are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nobodies. First Katie Hopkins (who was deported swiftly for flouting our quarantine laws) now this loser who''s been previously charged with holding a gun to a woman's head during an argument, domestic violence and alcohol issues.

Could Channel 7 be aiming for controversy and scandal to boost ratings?

Oct 7, 2019
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!! I grew up in Connecticut, then worked/lived in Washington DC and then worked/lived in Boston; different accents and different words for the same thing. I've been out in California now since 2013, and I can't even say how many times people will say that "I have an accent" .. huh?!!? I do know that I use terms/slang that they don't know because folks in New England .. well, we may use some of the same words as the Brits which they simply don't know out here.
Yeah, but are we really going to maintain that it was all a huge misunderstanding because poor Raptor had to learn British? I've lived abroad and dated someone from a culture very different to mine, and it took me very little time to adjust. All it takes is a little effort and goodwill.

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia

not only channel 7 but Tom Arnold was paid a lot of money to sit on “I’m a celebrity get me out of here.” And he is just as big of an @ss.

just tv channels trying desperately for bombshells or scandal. Nothing new.

xincinsin

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Jul 8, 2015
Escapee from BAN
Yeah, but are we really going to maintain that it was all a huge misunderstanding because poor Raptor had to learn British? I've lived abroad and dated someone from a culture very different to mine, and it took me very little time to adjust. All it takes is a little effort and goodwill.
Effort and goodwill are anathema to her.

Jul 9, 2009
Always remember the country of the speaker matters. This could be exactly what MM had to deal with while in the UK. The listeners heard her comments in their own language rather than remembering she is not from that country. She meant one thing, they heard another. imo
And it is polite to learn and adopt the rules traditions and customs of where you visit as an outsider not impose your own wherever you go because you perceive them to be right or superior or because you neglect to research if there are any differences

Jul 9, 2009
My thoughts on the new book:
my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think."

It seems to me that he’s desperate to show that he’s “just like us”. Which is exactly what the RF has NOT been about as far as I know. It is so strange to me that he/they could’ve just left the RF because that life wasn’t for them….ok….but it’s so obvious they are hellbent on destroying the monarchy. So so strange. I wonder if they are being used by other, more powerful political forces. Who stands to gain the most if the monarchy were to cease?
He is even less like us than ever the BRF do not vulgarly flaunt their wealth and privilege except on ceremonial occasions