Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
The first kid is all Harry. Can't imagine they wouldn't use Harry's sperm for the 2nd.
I think the first kid looks like mom , especially the eyes, he has her strabismus and curls, but then all babies have wayward hair mit curls
I am on the fence about his exact hair color since he is always seen in B&W - high is fine , it might be ginger like dad’s but I don’t know for certain

AND
what planet have I been on ??? a just saw photo of Meghan as child with her mother’s family - see murky Meg Twitter feed , no source given for photo of ID of the people
I did not know there was family on Doria’s side

Last edited:

csshopper

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
Gag, now we begin the months of hearing the rehashing of the birth. Sounds like they used a fancy little boutique hospital for the very rich.

Inside Meghan Markle's Ultra-Private Birth Plan: 'They Could Enjoy the Birth in Peace,' Says Source

On June 4, Meghan Markle welcomed her baby girl, Lilibet Diana, at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, a short drive from Meghan and Prince Harry's Montecito, California, home.

"They looked at several hospitals before they settled on the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital," a source tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "Meghan loves that it's female-founded."

Meghan's care was overseen by Dr. Melissa Drake, with remote support from Dr. Gowri Motha in the U.K., who helped oversee the care during the birth of Archie at London's Portland Hospital.

The facility's state-of-the-art childbirth center offers a family-centered, individualized approach to birth. (In addition to a menu to order room service and a comfy sofa for Harry!)

"Security and privacy were also priorities," the source adds. "They had a big security team that the hospital needed to accommodate."

In March, the couple spoke to Oprah Winfrey about the stress of introducing their son Archie to the world just days after his 2019 birth in the U.K.; this time Meghan was able to quietly deliver the baby two days before sharing the news, with no pressure for a public press conference.

"Meghan and Harry are both very thankful for how smoothly things went," the source adds. "They could enjoy the birth in peace."

In keeping with the 20-week paid parental leave policy of their Archewell Foundation, both Meghan and Harry plan to take several months off to spend time with their daughter, Lili.

Still, their ongoing projects remain in high gear, including an upcoming docuseries for Netflix on Harry's Invictus Games and the release of Meghan's first children's book, The Bench, which was inspired by a Father's Day poem she wrote for Harry after they welcomed Archie ("the man and the boy who make my heart go pump-pump," as she writes in the book's dedication).

But as they embrace their new status as a family of four, they plan to concentrate on life at home for a while.

"Meghan and Harry are taking time off to focus on their family," the source adds. "They want to have a long summer break together as a family."

[/QUOTE
But as they embrace their new status as a family of four, they plan to concentrate on life at home for a while.

"Meghan and Harry are taking time off to focus on their family," the source adds. "They want to have a long summer break together as a family."

Well, this serenity lasted less than a week, or maybe they are in communication with lawyers so frequently they've become "family."

Reactions: bag-mania

Aimee3

O.G.
May 13, 2006
Gag, now we begin the months of hearing the rehashing of the birth. Sounds like they used a fancy little boutique hospital for the very rich.

Inside Meghan Markle's Ultra-Private Birth Plan: 'They Could Enjoy the Birth in Peace,' Says Source

On June 4, Meghan Markle welcomed her baby girl, Lilibet Diana, at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, a short drive from Meghan and Prince Harry's Montecito, California, home.

"They looked at several hospitals before they settled on the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital," a source tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "Meghan loves that it's female-founded."

Meghan's care was overseen by Dr. Melissa Drake, with remote support from Dr. Gowri Motha in the U.K., who helped oversee the care during the birth of Archie at London's Portland Hospital.

The facility's state-of-the-art childbirth center offers a family-centered, individualized approach to birth. (In addition to a menu to order room service and a comfy sofa for Harry!)

"Security and privacy were also priorities," the source adds. "They had a big security team that the hospital needed to accommodate."

In March, the couple spoke to Oprah Winfrey about the stress of introducing their son Archie to the world just days after his 2019 birth in the U.K.; this time Meghan was able to quietly deliver the baby two days before sharing the news, with no pressure for a public press conference.

"Meghan and Harry are both very thankful for how smoothly things went," the source adds. "They could enjoy the birth in peace."

In keeping with the 20-week paid parental leave policy of their Archewell Foundation, both Meghan and Harry plan to take several months off to spend time with their daughter, Lili.

Still, their ongoing projects remain in high gear, including an upcoming docuseries for Netflix on Harry's Invictus Games and the release of Meghan's first children's book, The Bench, which was inspired by a Father's Day poem she wrote for Harry after they welcomed Archie ("the man and the boy who make my heart go pump-pump," as she writes in the book's dedication).

This doesn’t sound true to me. In the US if for example if you decide to use Dr A, Dr A can only deliver you at the hospital where s/he has “hospital privileges” , not necessarily the hospital you’ve picked. I’ve never heard of anyone looking at hospital delivery places. You might shop around for the obstetrician but not the hospital. (Unless you did shop around for a hospital, then you’d have to choose from whatever obstetricians have privileges there)

xincinsin

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Jul 8, 2015
Escapee from BAN
Just checked my local public library catalogue to see if they wasted money on The Bench or (shudder) were gifted a copy. Nothing - so far, so good. But I did find a pre-wedding book by an American publisher, written by author Elizabeth Krajnik who writes mainly children's books. I find the title so contradictory - there is no royalty in the USA, but I guess Disney has made fairytale princesses very desirable.

MEGHAN MARKLE: AMERICAN ROYAL
Actress Meghan Markle is set to marry Prince Harry of Britain in May 2018. As a biracial actress, she faced a fair deal of struggles conforming to Hollywood's expectations of how she should look, dress, and speak. After landing a role in the hit show Suits in 2011, Meghan started to use her fame to speak out about equality. This biography explores Meghan's path to royalty and the challenges she faced on her journey. Age-appropriate text supports full-color photographs to catch the reader's eye, while quotes from Meghan illustrate her character.

Those quotes might now be seen as misleading :rolleyes:

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World
I’m going to defend this, University is meant to be a place where people swop ideas and debate even issues that seem distasteful and controversial to us. Also it’s meant to encourage people to learn rhetoric and public speaking. The purpose of something like a union debate isn’t meant to be a declarative statement of what the university body thinks but who argued better at the debate.
What actually happened with the vote and the picture removal seems a bit garbled, but to me, the aim should be to table a more convincing motion for the portrait to stay there next meeting rather than saying that this man has no right to suggest it.

what I object to is when universities minimise teaching time and become a hive mind of regurgitating their lectures of acceptable opinion to keep the degree factory in business.

I’d also say lots of people were saying way worse things about the royals in unis of the 70s and 80s - it’s definitely not a new debate :lol:
I agree with you. Universities are supposed to be a protected place where all ideas can be discussed in a respectful manner. Though, a certain 'cancel culture' is changing that. Many people are afraid that their comments are taken out of context or misinterpreted.

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Here’s another example of why I hate how fixated the US press is on Harry and Meghan. CNN interviewed Edward, supposedly about his father’s Duke of Edinburgh's Award. In reality CNN made the first half of the story about Meghan and Harry. Eventually they get around to the actual topic. I wonder if Edward felt a bit blindsided.

xincinsin

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2021
Jul 8, 2015
Escapee from BAN
Here’s another example of why I hate how fixated the US press is on Harry and Meghan. CNN interviewed Edward, supposedly about his father’s Duke of Edinburgh's Award. In reality CNN made the first half of the story about Meghan and Harry. Eventually they get around to the actual topic. I wonder if Edward felt a bit blindsided.

The couple keeps courting controversy and hogging the limelight. But do you think the situation is exacerbated because Methane is American and the US press is therefore particularly fixated on her?

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
This doesn’t sound true to me. In the US if for example if you decide to use Dr A, Dr A can only deliver you at the hospital where s/he has “hospital privileges” , not necessarily the hospital you’ve picked. I’ve never heard of anyone looking at hospital delivery places. You might shop around for the obstetrician but not the hospital. (Unless you did shop around for a hospital, then you’d have to choose from whatever obstetricians have privileges there)
Interesting. I wish someone would do a deep dive on this.

Reactions: etudes