Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
Golly. Does she never get tired of “fighting back”? I thought she didn’t read anything about herself. I’m tired just thinking about her rage.
Piers wants her to sue because he wont settle and will force her to testify... which would be awful for MM - being cross examined... and no RF to protect her....

edit to add... can’t wait for the lawsuit... it would be a huge spectacle.

Aug 2, 2006
I am ok, you are ok but please move on with the time.
Cancel culture is there for a reason remember Casel?
It is not ok to call human beings monkeys.
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.
Will never agree with cancel culture. It is the work of mobs. Of course, incompetence in a role is another issue. Although there are many incompetent people carrying on in very highly paid positions so ...hey it’s an imperfect world.

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Will never agree with cancel culture. It is the work of mobs. Of course, incompetence in a role is another issue. Although there are many incompetent people carrying on in very highly paid positions so ...hey it’s an imperfect world.
What does being abusive toward others bring to any society?
Cancel culture is about making people accountable for their speech and/or actions.
For example in this thread, some users are saying that they will not use any products promoted by H and M, aren’t they effectively trying to cancel the couple?
Or is cancel culture only when it reflects certain political views?
I say cancel and counter cancel! :lol:

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
It’s a question of degrees I guess.
I don’t appreciate the impact cancel culture is having on arts or on relatively powerless individuals. A lot of it is not especially nuanced or even well informed.
Example, por favor?
Are you referring to people cancelling artists for their political views? Or because in the public eyes their art suck?
A while back while at the head of Dior, Galliano was cancelled for his antisemitic rants, he disappeared for a while and is now the head of Maison Margiela.
Cancelling does not have to be permanent.
However, John does not have the right either to be insensitive and hateful toward other human beings.
Just my two cents.

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Aug 2, 2006
I’m not really on this chat to justify my opinions to you. sorry. In my view my own opinions are reasonably held. But on the flip side I’m really not hauling you to account to justify your opinions either. So there’s that. You asked for an example of cancel culture impacting culture in a way I see as detrimental, and out of an excess of goodwill I provided one to you. If you are interested you can follow up with further inquiry or do your own research. :flowers:
Are you against the People protesting?
Are you mad that the Boston museum cancelled the exhibit?

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
IMO there’s a difference between cancel culture and boycotting.

Cancel culture = I don’t like you so I don’t want you to be able to make money, have a voice, or exist professionally.

Boycotting = I don’t like you so I just won’t give you my money.
Were you ok with Galliano “cancellation”?