Primer

A primer helps smooth your skin by filling in pores so make up goes on nicely. Some even lock in the hydration.

The usual order is eye cream, moisturize, primer, then apply your make up.

I really enjoy the Ceramic Skin Smoother by Perricone. My skin feels amazing after I put it on. I only use it though for my night time make up or special events because during the day I only use moisturizer and then my mineral powder.

A primer helps smooth your skin by filling in pores so make up goes on nicely. Some even lock in the hydration.

The usual order is eye cream, moisturize, primer, then apply your make up.

I really enjoy the Ceramic Skin Smoother by Perricone. My skin feels amazing after I put it on. I only use it though for my night time make up or special events because during the day I only use moisturizer and then my mineral powder.

Thank you for this. I was curious about primer too. Although, I would only use it on nights out because like you I only wear moisturizer and mineral powder.
Can I ask you what kind of mineral makeup you use?

helps foundation glide smoothly over your skin. like a barrier. so there is less chance of the foundation getting in your pores.

that barrier also lessens the chance of the oils in you skin to seap through your foundation and makeup, thereby causing your makeup to 'fade away'

I have oily skin and wear Smashbox primer. (moisterize your skin first, the product really adheres to the skin better) apply your foundation of choice. follow by some powder (use a powder brush and do a full sweep). done!

your makeup should last you for hours!

Thank you for this. I was curious about primer too. Although, I would only use it on nights out because like you I only wear moisturizer and mineral powder.
Can I ask you what kind of mineral makeup you use?

I use La Bella Donna Mineral Make up. I've used BE in the past and some Iredale stuff as well. I think LBD takes the cake. I don't have to reapply it once it's on. Gives amazing coverage and I can see a huge improvement in my skin since I started using it over a year ago.

I actually don't need the primer with my make up because it says on so well but I like it give my skin that extra umphf at night.

I have redness issues and I use Make Up For Ever Corrective Makeup Base in green and it works great for me..I usually wait 5-10 mins for it to dry and put on my foundation. It works great for me. :tup:

ITA :tup: Perricone is the ONLY primer that works on my super oily skin. I have tried EVERY brand in existence and it is the best!

I just got the Intuit Photoshoot Primer and I LOVE it!!! I'm into the minimal make-up look so I just normally use Prescriptives Magic Powder. Today I used the Primer under it and my face looked flawless!!!

I have always pooh poohed primer, thinking it was just a needless extra step and attempt for the cosmetics industry to rip us off, lol.

However, after nearly 27 years of wearing foundation, I caved and am SO glad I did. Right now I'm evaluating Intuit vs. Smashbox. Both are great, but the Intuit takes a few minutes to dry/set before you can put on foundation compared to Smashbox.

I wore the Intuit today under my foundation and geez my face still looked flawless even after a tough workout at the gym! I normally don't wear full makeup to the gym but I was rushed after work today to get there.

So, consider me yet another primer convert!!