Prime Suspect - Anyone watching?

Threshold

Nothing Like the Sun
O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
This is one well written show, with some fine actors putting major performances. Maria Belo kicks some major butt acting-wise, and her character doesn't do too bad either. Raw, funny, disturbing, gritty, sexist, poignant... and all within NYPD Homicide.

Overdramatized? Hmmmm... I thought the male characters were a bit stereotyped in the beginning, making them thoroughly unpalatable, but that's mellowed and become more realistic. If anything, the actors & director have agreed to come up under the drama, as most cops do in order to cope. I appreciate that, as its really not in the dialogue, but clipped language and excellent close-ups where the emotional meat is being served. But hey, the action shots are great! Belo does her own stunt work, and that woman can RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!

I like this show but I heard it's getting cancelled. :sad:
I'm so disappointed! I just looked up Maria Bello (since she always looks like hell on the show I was wondering what she looked like all prettied up, ha) and saw that they're most likely canceling.
I love this show, and Maria Bello's character is amazing. I can't believe they're pulling it already.

The first time I recall seeing Bello was in an indy film called "A History of Violence", opposite Viggo Mortensen. Amazing chemistry; disturbing film.

Well, some shows have been saved if viewers raise enough hell. I'll wager Prime Suspect has a FB page... :devil:

Just saw this article........

Has Prime Suspect and Pan Am Been Cancelled?

Confused by the midseason announcements? Has Prime Suspect and Pan Am been canceled?

Nov 20, 2011 Patrick Munn

This past week, NBC and ABC unveiled their mid-season schedules. There were a number of surprising changes contained within them which included, on NBC’s side, the benching of Community, the absence of Awake and Prime Suspect, and the network handing a back nine order to Harry’s Law. While on ABC’s schedule the most apparent change was the absence of struggling series Pan Am. Confused by the schedules? Worried about whether Prime Suspect and Pan Am have been cancelled? Well we have the answers for you below.

Prime Suspect

The long struggling series has long been “on the bubble” (in fact we ran a Ratings Analysis back in September where we predicted the series’ cancellation). The absence of the series on NBC’s midseason schedule has prompted many “industry experts” to declare the Maria Bello series dead and buried. But what is really going on? Word is that the series will complete production on all 13 episodes which were ordered by NBC when they picked up the series back in May 2011.

While that will be the extent of the shows first season, NBC denies that the series has been cancelled. A representative of NBC stated, “All 13 ordered episodes will be produced. No determinations have been made regarding the networks 2012 – 2013 schedule.” Now while on the surface that statement appears to say “we may order a second season”, that is really not the case. The shows ratings are far too low (the show is averaging a 1.4 rating) and if you translate that statement from NBC it reads as follows: “Prime Suspect has been cancelled.”

www.suite101.com/news/has-prime-suspect-and-pan-am-been-cancelled-a397064

:crybaby: