Pride and Prejudice 1995 Version

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
It was OVATION channel but I missed a few and I haven't seen this in a while.

Never mind......

I love Jane Austen....I may reread her books.

What's your favorite?

My Favs: The 1995 version of P&P and Sundance recently did a version of Mansfield Park that was just divine. Loved it.
This version:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0178737/

Last edited:
Is the 1995 version - the BBC mini series that stars Colin Firth?

If so I have watched too many times to admit (I actually own it)

I love me some Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy!!!!

My next favourite Jane Austen movie is Persuasion - starting Amanda Root, it came out around the same time 1995? Own it too & watch it way too much!

Is the 1995 version - the BBC mini series that stars Colin Firth?

If so I have watched too many times to admit (I actually own it)

I love me some Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy!!!!

My next favourite Jane Austen movie is Persuasion - starting Amanda Root, it came out around the same time 1995? Own it too & watch it way too much!

Yes that version...and I love Persuasion also!

Well, I thought I found a place to watch it. Anyone have a link for free watch of this verion of Pride and Prejudice??

Last edited:
I own that version also :love:

It so beautifully acted.

slang, ditto Sense and Sensibility. That was brillliant. Love both of these!!

I love P&P!!!! I love the Kiera Knightley version because of Matthew McFaden (?). I am beyond obsessed with that book! Also saw the Colin Firth version and appreciated the fact that it was more true to the book. I wish they had done that with the Kiera version( Matthew and her had some serious chemistry). I could talk about Darcy and Elizabeth for hours!

I only saw the movie version of Persuassion and LOVED it! It was one of those movies that I finished and when I thought about it realized how good it actually was.

Yes I caught bits and pieces of this on Ovation but could not seem to find it again. I also love Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson etc. Never could understand why Marianne married Brandon though and I think they cut out some information from the book that would have added to the film

Again and again I'm amazed when I see how Colin Firth is able to show these strong feelings with such reduced expression. You can really see what Mr. Darcy thinks! Colin Firth is able to do so only with his eyes. His facial expression remain unsurpassed. Look at all these little nuances of feelings. Colin Firth makes overwhelming feelings visible without saying a word. That's the real art of acting! It is much easier to show feelings when you speak to someone or when one speaks an inner monologue than only to put across them with your face.

Also David Bamber is really magnificent in his role of Mr. Collins. :lolots: And Susannah Harker shows such a subtle beauty as Jane.

Every time I watch this movie I get more enthusiastic. :heart:

Again and again I'm amazed when I see how Colin Firth is able to show these strong feelings with such reduced expression. You can really see what Mr. Darcy thinks! Colin Firth is able to do so only with his eyes. His facial expression remain unsurpassed. Look at all these little nuances of feelings. Colin Firth makes overwhelming feelings visible without saying a word. That's the real art of acting! It is much easier to show feelings when you speak to someone or when one speaks an inner monologue than only to put across them with your face.

Also David Bamber is really magnificent in his role of Mr. Collins. :lolots: And Susannah Harker shows such a subtle beauty as Jane.

Every time I watch this movie I get more enthusiastic. :heart:

Agree 100% Even though I have watched it a few times, there are still scenes where I swear i forget to breathe. Harker and Firth have such amazing chemistry/tension, its wonderful acting and brings the book to life beautifully.